ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL equivalent in OZ?

x3alann

Question

Hey all,

I'm thinking of making my own batch of cannabis oil. I've extensively watched alot of videos on youtube on how to do it, especially Rick Simpsons video's.

Now I'm looking for a suitable solvent similar thats readily availble in and around Sydney. I've looked at Methylated spirits (which has ethanol in it and some other small additives to stop people from drinking it...) and i've come across ISOCOL (which has isopropyl alcohol, water , AND fragrance.) Given this, i think ISOCOL would be the more suitable pick as it's closest to the US equivalent. But my question is, is this is a safe option? since it isnt 100% alcohol and has fragrance added to it. Will the heating process remove the fragrance?

Does anyone know if this is a suitable option? If not, what other options are available for us Aussie blokes to use as a solvent.

Thanks,

Alan

as long as i+'s primo +rim, lo++sa sugar leaves,mix all 2ge+her wi+h ure buds

chuck in freezer overnigh+, including bowls u gonna drain in2

do'n+ be in a hurree 2 evape ure fil+ered mix+ure

if u look up merlins ''sunni me+hod''

can +ake a week

ac+uallee he's ano+her helpful soul on making oil

I like to chop it up, but purists reckon leave the buds whole. I also just wash it for a few seconds. I find a long soak increases yield but decreases quality. Usually I let it evaporate over a week or so, but if in a hurry i use a hot water bath.

I've seen a few tutes on youtube to decarboxylate the gear in an oven for a bit to remove the THC.a and the CBD.a and turn it into a more useable compound.

I've seen a few tutes on youtube to decarboxylate the gear in an oven for a bit to remove the THC.a and the CBD.a and turn it into a more useable compound.

When I make the coconut oil tincture I decarb, but not for oil I am going to smoke. I am not that keen on putting herb in the oven so I make kief and decarb that for tinctures.

What's your plan for the oil micmac, smoke or eat? Is it for reducing cancer or just for fun or something else? Sorry if you already mentioned this info and I missed it.

Agree on the sunni qwiso method it's a good guide and is what got me started with making my own oil, but I don't bother leaving it in the sun, a quick wash will make tasty shattter without much chlorofil anyway. And I am concerned that it won't just be chlorofil that breaks down in the sun. If you were hard up for trim and had to pay for it, or don't have truckloads of it lying about, I can understand soaking to get the most out of it, but a quick wash makes better quality imo. I don't even shake it in a jar, just run the iso through a packed, upside down, bho tube.

Hey micmac, trim is great for making oil mate. Just give a rough chop and go for it. I have only ever used dried trim, but I guess wet would still work, you may find that the oil has more chlorofil in it than dried though?? Maybe?? be interesting to see how wet trim turns out with an iso run.

attachicon.gif20180302_071214

this is what i use $250 from home brew shop

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I have one of those, they are a great little unit.

For the most part yes a home distilling is illegal.

The law turns a blind eye for the most part as long as you are not on selling it you will be ok.

I have seen the law look at a working 25lt still and not even blink an eye at it but in saying that u could b unlucky and get an a hole and he will try and make an example out of ya.

AFAIK it is only illegal if you drink the alcohol... you can distil, but not for human consumption. I distil to extract oil from my lavender, rosemary and other herbs.

hi louise, just wondering if you know of any remedies for severe brain pain ive tryed every pharma pill you could think off today, way more than i should have in desperation, plus a large amount of rso still no relief, feels like ive been shot in the head, cant go on like this, being shot in the head would probably be better than this pain, just need relief

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app