ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL equivalent in OZ?

x3alann

Question

Hey all,

I'm thinking of making my own batch of cannabis oil. I've extensively watched alot of videos on youtube on how to do it, especially Rick Simpsons video's.

Now I'm looking for a suitable solvent similar thats readily availble in and around Sydney. I've looked at Methylated spirits (which has ethanol in it and some other small additives to stop people from drinking it...) and i've come across ISOCOL (which has isopropyl alcohol, water , AND fragrance.) Given this, i think ISOCOL would be the more suitable pick as it's closest to the US equivalent. But my question is, is this is a safe option? since it isnt 100% alcohol and has fragrance added to it. Will the heating process remove the fragrance?

Does anyone know if this is a suitable option? If not, what other options are available for us Aussie blokes to use as a solvent.

Thanks,

Alan

You might've sold me on this one. Is this legal to get into OZ? This makes it seem so easy and stress free    :o

Just a reminder that owning a still or more to point if your caught by po po in oz with a still in your possession it can incur fines up to and exceeding 85,000 or 2years imprisonment, iso is cheap and works just fine as long as you have evaporated all the iso from your oil, hell it worked for rick simpson, but there are many ways to make a qaulity oil, anyways good luck with your oil adventure no matter what path you go down,cheers GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

What are other ways to make quality oil? I'm all ears... (or should i say eyes?)

Tip offs for growing cannabis and then they raid your house one would guess, page 1 i listed 3 different options as have others,now you need to do some research, when youve done that and you know what option your going to go with then please feel free to ask questions if your not sure about some of the steps,research, research, research, cheers

You might've sold me on this one. Is this legal to get into OZ? This makes it seem so easy and stress free    :o

not sure if the source turbo ships to oz , + don't think it comes in 240v version so you'd need to buy 

a 240 to 110v step down transformer from radio parts or somewheres 

no expert on distills but as mentioned B4 they are readily available here in oz from home brew stores  

i think you'll find ( just an opinion ) allot of people being busted aren't just growing solely for personal use 

I'm pretty sure making your own grog is legal as long as there is no intent to sell your own product. The complete kits to make your own moonshine are so readily available I doubt mere posession would land you in any hot water unless you were raided for other reasons and they happened to find a still cooking off oil.. on another note. Has anyone used shellite?

It is legal to distill alcohol, but even if it is for home use you need a licence and must pay tax. I don't know why people are debating the legalities? It's pretty easy to find this information. How they would police this is I haven't got a clue?

https://www.ato.gov.au/media-centre/articles/distilling-the-facts-about-illicit-alcohol/

Edited by freddie
  • Upvote 2

It is legal to distill alcohol, but even if it is for home use you need a licence and must pay tax. I don't know why people are debating the legalities? It's pretty easy to find this information.

https://www.ato.gov.au/media-centre/articles/distilling-the-facts-about-illicit-alcohol/

Well there you go cheers Freddy. Still baffles me how easy they are to acquire when they say you need to apply for a license to even own a still over 5lts. Lucky the little air still is only 4lts hahaha