Soil vs coco

Coco naturally holds 20% oxygen and is almost impossible to over water, the maintenance on coco is very low if your doing it right , I work away fifo and my system looks after its self while Iam away at work ,I just get the misses to pop her head in the tent every 3-4 days and lift the light if needed I have 2 x 200 ltr drums which run to waist and supply enough nutes to all the plants with 20% run off I never get salt build up and I never get ph lock out what I get is big solid rock hard nugs with huge yields and minimal maintenance ...

I have been growing for 20 yrs and I’ve grown in dirt, turbo tanks, perlite, vermiculite , coco , I’ve grown recirculating, flood and drain and run to waist and coco run to waste is by far the easiest lowest maintenance Best quality I’ve been personally able to achieve and that’s why I grow this method

20% oxygen or 20% air, just curious

Air only has about 21% oxygen in it

Coco naturally holds 20% oxygen and is almost impossible to over water, the maintenance on coco is very low if your doing it right , I work away fifo and my system looks after its self while Iam away at work ,I just get the misses to pop her head in the tent every 3-4 days and lift the light if needed I have 2 x 200 ltr drums which run to waist and supply enough nutes to all the plants with 20% run off I never get salt build up and I never get ph lock out what I get is big solid rock hard nugs with huge yields and minimal maintenance ...

I have been growing for 20 yrs and I’ve grown in dirt, turbo tanks, perlite, vermiculite , coco , I’ve grown recirculating, flood and drain and run to waist and coco run to waste is by far the easiest lowest maintenance Best quality I’ve been personally able to achieve and that’s why I grow this method

When I used coco I watered every day ,except the odd slack day , treated it like perlite in that sense.

Got nothing spectacular.

Later I read all this stuff about letting it dry out etc .im sure you've seen that advice often on the net.

So I was of the impression that I'd kept the coco too wet .

Now People say to water often ,,,,,,well Id already done that ,,,,it didn't impress me.So I went back to perlite.

I'm not saying what the right or wrong way to use coco ,as I only used it a couple of times .

And I'm sure some people get impressive results from it ,

,,maintenance ? .well perlite is set and forget,,,no such thing as maintenance with it , .no chemical changes going on in the medium either.

Perlite is always the same . Coco is not all the same .

So that's why I believe it to be more simple .As in KISS. Especially for people starting out ,,,or even old cunts like me .lol.

And if you have it dialled in ,,,,as has dr argon ,,,,then good on you .

When you say you get huge yields ,,I'm curious what your grams per watt is ?

• Upvote 2

When I used coco I watered every day ,except the odd slack day , treated it like perlite in that sense.

Got nothing spectacular.

Later I read all this stuff about letting it dry out etc .im sure you've seen that advice often on the net.

So I was of the impression that I'd kept the coco too wet .

Now People say to water often ,,,,,,well Id already done that ,,,,it didn't impress me.So I went back to perlite.

I'm not saying what the right or wrong way to use coco ,as I only used it a couple of times .

And I'm sure some people get impressive results from it ,

,,maintenance ? .well perlite is set and forget,,,no such thing as maintenance with it , .no chemical changes going on in the medium either.

Perlite is always the same . Coco is not all the same .

So that's why I believe it to be more simple .As in KISS. Especially for people starting out ,,,or even old *#%@^ like me .lol.

And if you have it dialled in ,,,,as has dr argon ,,,,then good on you .

When you say you get huge yields ,,I'm curious what your grams per watt is ?

My last grow from seed was 1476 grams of premium manicured rock hard nugs and 2x10 ltr buckets nearly both full to top of popcorn that I have no idea what it weighed coz I don’t have time or the effort to manicure it properly , I run 2x 600 hps for the grow but for first 3 weeks veg I have them dimmed to 400 watt and I add a 3rd 600 hps for 6 weeks of the flower I don’t think watts per gram is a true indicator coz yield is also relative to veg time not just watts

Bush , seen your grows mate , always top notch

A lot of ppl don’t realise that u put knuckles and even though u say set n leave a bit of work still goes into it to produce that type of yield as well as a lot of knowledge

I’m with u the coco n perlite, I got about 500 grams less than u but was more than happy

Trying a drip to res system this time round so yield won’t be up there but if it works ok I’ll go for a bigger run in winter

U can only post new thread in DR Livingstone from app , ask mod to move it for u

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners