Carbons No-Till Try Out

Yeah, better all round mate.

Desiree on top of a bag of mainly Dutch Cream. Dutch faster to flower and finish, went harder from the get go.

Both a waxy but smooth spud, Desiree has slightly better taste, yields a bit less, takes a bit longer, but is more insect resistant.

Minimal prep but a few key things I reckon, bit of sulfer and hilling at the right time.

Been harvesting 3 rows in this bed for the last 2 weeks, this bag came from about 4 plants I reckon. Wasn't even optimal but due to the nature of disturbing this bed due to harvest, I'm gonna sort it right out, all it needs is more air.

Was thinking how easy it was and that anybody growing canna could do it easy.

I only gave them a 3x2m section. Have a row to go and have pulled 4 full bags.

Taste is good. A butcher mate likes them enough to swap some of his personal meat stash. :)

• Upvote 1

Plants looking nice Carb. Ive got to stop being lazy and do a propper vegie patch. Spuds look awesome mate. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Anything you grow yourself is going to have superior flavour.

Right on!

Thanks guys!

Got a nice little lift digging them up this morning.

Dead easy grow, not much maintenance even though I grew through the hottest period.

They keep for ages, everybody I promised some has loads and I got a row left to dig up.

Highly recommended.

Seed potatoes will be available in a few months, I will be doing at least a few new varieties.

Some Bunnings will have certified seed potatoes at some stores, I picked these up in a small one.

Green Harvest, and a few others online do em with nice big choice.

Even though I have some killer good soils. The vege patch I knew to be fertile but lil compacted.

I threw 70l of worm castings on it and mulched with Lucerne, like 2x bales. Tarped it and let it sit for 6 months.

Dug rows, planted and mulched the lot. Spuds went 120days ish but started harvest around 110

• Upvote 1

Mixed up a batch of soil at the weekend.

Wanting something that can sit or even use with an auto before photo use, or as a bottom half of the pot super soil.

It will sit a while.

Lots of heat in it today.

90l batch.

30l of peat, worm castings and aeration.

Aeration is 15l Scoria. 15l rice hulls.

Then,

Kelp

Neem

Alfalfa

Malted barley

Coconut

Crustacean

Fin and feather

Oyster shell flour

Bokashi

Azomite

Seabird Guano

Dolomite

Gypsum

Scoria soaked in go go juice for a few hours.

Still dry, so when potted or whatever I put it into store, I will water in with a compost tea.

post-59840-0-34208200-1550546320_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-09556400-1550546398_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-27181600-1550546530_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-22337100-1550546567_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-15080100-1550546598_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-92320200-1550546639_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-76425200-1550546667_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks Joe, the answer is generally no, or at least, no worse than any other medium.

This mix is a bit different to what I have usually done. Generally mixing a less nutrient dense soil and top dressing to suit. It will need time to sit but could make for a good auto soil before being ready for photos or could be used in bottom of pot.

I have had my Coote type mix in same tent as fungas knat Coco and they preferred the Coco.

They did venture over to soil but didn't seem to lay. Soil had mulch and Neem top dress.

Coco plants were removed, fungas knats went away.

Having the odd spider mite on those same plants that are well into flower now.

A few, that were removed and on constant lookout now of course.

The stronger, organic plant is just stronger and therefore more resistant to everything. Outdoors too.

Overwatering causes 90% of the problems that come up I reckon.

Edited by Carbcon