Carbons No-Till Try Out

Spider mites ? I thought living soils would provide a plant with defence mechanisms to battle most predators?

Yeah look perhaps it would have killed off a Coco grow maybe?!

I think I'm the one who contaminated it.

I never had them before, I guess the soil and plant will resist to a point, different plants were not affected or differently.

They ain't bad, not many leaves with lots of eggs.

None yellowed.

No visible plant stress.

I'm sure somebody will chime in, I only researched them once identified.

I don't seem to have the 2 spot type.

• Upvote 1

Spider mites ? I thought living soils would provide a plant with defence mechanisms to battle most predators?

sure a healthy plant grown in a diverse soil food web will have a stronger ability to ward off pests and encourage beneficial predatory insects, however IPM principals still apply. If you ignore them you will surely end up with pests. A few preventative Neem oil/aloe sprays followed by a generous introduction of predatory mites, inoculation with mycorrhizae and trichoderma, yellow sticky traps etc all help.

I never had them before, I guess the soil and plant will resist to a point, different plants were not affected or differently.

None yellowed.

No visible plant stress.

yeah, I E found living soil plants to be able to withstand an infestation with an IPM program as mentioned above. In hydro, game over pretty much lol

And the others, going ok.

Few sativa leaning.

Gave em some Aloe to help with any stress.

looking good mate 

once you move indoor you change & limit the soil food web 

+

very easy to re-infect your space with them coming in on anything that go's into your grow space

• Upvote 1

None yellowed.

No visible plant stress.

Been through all this recently as well so don't worry. I'm smoking my spider mite plant now and it's fine. What I did do and recommend you do is get some californicus.

Bugs for bugs. Less than $30 for the investment in your prize plants. They will get worse if you delay. Order them this weekend. They will post express Monday. Trust me! Get them BEFORE they increase in numbers and you'll wipe them out before they move on to your clones and infect the next generation. I had Persimilis but they seemed to have knicked off. Californicus will hang around for ages. Scouting the garden into the future as well. So the $30 goes a long way.

Plus you can watch them.

It's distracting I know but fascinating to see them kill. You'll love it. I waste an hour sometimes with my eye scope thing in like some crazy scientist going over the leaves of my plant to see who's winning. Californicus will win. It's just a matter of time and keep your humidity up a bit if possible. Mist your mulch more. preditor likes humid. Bad mites like dry and hot.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 3

Been through all this recently as well so don't worry. I'm smoking my spider mite plant now and it's fine. What I did do and recommend you do is get some californicus.

Bugs for bugs. Less than $30 for the investment in your prize plants. They will get worse if you delay. Order them this weekend. They will post express Monday. Trust me! Get them BEFORE they increase in numbers and you'll wipe them out before they move on to your clones and infect the next generation. I had Persimilis but they seemed to have knicked off. Californicus will hang around for ages. Scouting the garden into the future as well. So the $30 goes a long way.

Plus you can watch them.

It's distracting I know but fascinating to see them kill. You'll love it. I waste an hour sometimes with my eye scope thing in like some crazy scientist going over the leaves of my plant to see who's winning. Californicus will win. It's just a matter of time and keep your humidity up a bit if possible. Mist your mulch more. preditor likes humid. Bad mites like dry and hot.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

100% predatory insects for the win
  • Upvote 1