1 Plant, 1 Pound, Whos doing it, Whos Done It, Whos Trying It?

sand?

might've been tested on a marine tank or african/&-or/american rift lake tank or something of a similar nature.

or 

might have a nice filter in it. sand n carbon perhaps?

might be coz it is new the sand was loose from packing/assembly line ?

other form of testing that is not mentioned leaving sand behind ?

gotta cover ur bases.

maybe try calling the manufacture info phone number on the warranty/instruction booklet in business hours regarding your concern.

im sure the manufacturer that answer the telephone gunna say..... 

"Gazza man, you still paranoid ay bloke ? Time to get off the commercial dial-a-bud pgr weed again Gazza, makes ya paranoid as fuck ! "

Been there done that. Except i harvested over 1.5pounds dry weight from a single plant indoors. It was a plant that was flowered, reveged because of its structure and let to vege for like 2.5 months. Pruned early and constant supercropping/pinching, filled a 3x1.2 tent to the gills...there was an even canopy covering the whole tent packed with colas. medium was coco. Its good if you want to keep your plant count to a minimum but youre still carrying over 1.5pound of flower anyway lol.

A good trick when youre growing out cultivars youre unfamiliar with is if its a multi-strain grow i like to flower them out and revege my favourite 3, then you can grow them to fill the space you need and flower them out, cutting down on vege time and selection and also improving the uniformity of the yield/harvest. You can then use them as mums or for seed production also......

Edited by _Puff_Tough_

Been there done that. Except i harvested over 1.5pounds dry weight from a single plant indoors. It was a plant that was flowered, reveged because of its structure and let to vege for like 2.5 months. Pruned early and constant supercropping/pinching, filled a 3x1.2 tent to the gills...there was an even canopy covering the whole tent packed with colas. medium was coco. Its good if you want to keep your plant count to a minimum but youre still carrying over 1.5pound of flower anyway lol.

A good trick when youre growing out cultivars youre unfamiliar with is if its a multi-strain grow i like to flower them out and revege my favourite 3, then you can grow them to fill the space you need and flower them out, cutting down on vege time and selection and also improving the uniformity of the yield/harvest. You can then use them as mums or for seed production also......

That's a good ideal Puff to flower a little earlier and reveg for a second harvest, how long does your reveg take over saying vegging a new plant?

• Upvote 1

The original plant was flowered out and harvested and then revegged, let to vege for 2.5months with 150ltr bucket/pot.

Vegging a new plant vs vegging the revegged.

The reveged has developed strong structural integrity having already bloomed, reveging/bloom becomes almost orchestrated in that you know its structure, how it expands when it blooms and overall growth characteristics. This is why cloneing from mothers can be so useful. You can reep the results youre expecting and dial in what you may not have been able to on the first run of the variety.The several Female sex hormones have already circulated within the plant and at each step of its developmental cycle so they tend to flower fast/mature faster and will vege much faster as it already has a well established root system. Theyre usually much sturdier plants overall.

Vegging a new plant there is alot of guess work even sometimes when youre working with cultivars youre familiar with, phenotypic expression could mean a plant grows lankier for instance.... you could find sub-par phenotypes depending on genetic diversity of the seed.

Edited by _Puff_Tough_
  • Upvote 1

It's a second hand unit that was used for marine use... i just need to work out how to clean the sand out because it may fuck with the ppm when i use it

Hey Gazza,

Sand itself won't fuck with your ppm. PPM is parts per million of TDS or total dissolved salts. Sand is inert and will not dissolve and therefore will not register on ya meter. Contaminants or salts within the sand can dissolve, that's for sure and they can mess with your measures, but sand itself cannot. The problem with sand and dust from mediums like clayballs and perlite is that when it gets wet it acts a bit like a grinding paste and is real harsh on pump shafts etc.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Sweet Lil Darlin is ganna pull me a number lol

I've named my setup, SLD will pull me a bounty of a harvest

Return Deep Water Culture with Water Chiller

where did you pick up that neat lil bucket unit gaz?.

an did they throw in the pumps and whatnot with it?.. or were they extra?.

hope it goes well.

Gumby i got a friend to order mine off a web site, however they do sell them on ebay https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=dwc&_sacat=0

there are different models dwc, rdwc, some come with everything some minius the rockwool cubes, some have better air pumps and others not so good, some are 29 litre buckets others are 15 litres or 20 litres buckets