1 Plant, 1 Pound, Whos doing it, Whos Done It, Whos Trying It?

All the best with this grow, Gaz. FWIW, I never used a chiller or AC when I done my DWC in SE Qld. As explained to me many moons ago 22c is optimum water temp with this method, and I even maintained good growth at 26c. Admittedly though, peak of Summer I did start to run into some problems then.

As many have said already, vegging longer is the key to reaching your goal. I never quite hit the magical 1lb mark with my single 600w HPS DWC setup, done 14oz on a few occasions but I put that down to the strain because the buds were quite airy (not solid nugs).

Anyway, I'll be tuning in to this grow. :peace:

• Upvote 1

Cheers, mate. Likewise. :)

Yeah, sounds about right. Once those temps do get up the root rot can take a hold and take off really quickly. It happened once with me, but I managed to catch it earlier enough. I basically pulled the root ball out of the bucket and rinsed and massaged a lot of the rot out, it takes on something like gel form once it goes brown. Then I made a new batch of nutes and put in a bottle or two of hydrogen peroxide. It came back pretty good after that with no more issues and finished off the grow.

Naturally, the chiller you have should manage that for you though. :)

• Upvote 1

That original drinking fountain chiller i had smashed the water down to around 5-6c in a couple of minutes, this aquarium water chiller took from 16c to 11c about 25mins in a half filled 10L bucket is that how long aquarium chillers take to work?

a bit of sand came out of it into the bucket too so if anyone knows how to clean these things out please let me know, i will run a PPM test when i can get a meter