I'm New. Please be patient :-)

lol yeah I'm pretty old school about the way I do things timbo,glad I could help and yes no need for perlite,some seeds I raise in seedling trays and some I sow straight into the ground/pots but I always find that seeds sowed straight into there finally grow area have a head start on seedlings raised in trays as the seedlings go through a bit of growth stunt for about 2to3weeks after transplanting,I have no set time as to when you should start planting but usually start planting around the second week into spring or when ever you can touch the soil/ground outside and feel that it is warm to the touch,that's when I start planting for an outdoors grow,also I don't use any seasol once my plants start to flower only in the vegetation stage while the main growth is happening once they to flower I will not spray or feed anything through flowering till harvest,anyways that's how I do it but of course there are many ways to skin a cat,but I like the organic approach as I'm a real believer that you are what you eat/smoke,oh yeah and can't wait to see some pics when you get started, glad you saved that pic to because sometimes having a visual is a lot better than trying to imagine it in your head,not doubt you have more questions as time go on and the beauty of OSA,makes growing a hole lot easier when there's a support network to guide you through things,I love oz stoners feels like home lol cheers buddy

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks again Green Queen. Yes I've been watching your winter outdoor grow experiment post. Looking forward to seeing those pics too :-). Warm to the touch. Ok. I will remember that. Visual was perfect. I couldn't see the poultry blend on the Bunnings website so hopefully my local will have it come time towards spring. Cheap as chips!! Thanks for the lamens newbie description.

Cheers. Timbo.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Sorry none of the above,I have and understanding with a mate he does all my seed for me and I grow em and donate some of the goods Back to him for his trouble,actually its no trouble to him we're both happy with the arrangement ,problem is he's 78 and won't be with me for ever so at some stage I'm gunna have to learn the ropes,I've never ever brought seed,someone else should be able to help you out in that area though,the world of buying seed is completely new to me I wouldn't know where to start to be honest

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Easy question. Where do you buy your seeds. Domestic/Yantra or overseas?

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Seedman .. I just used them ... quick, fresh, in breeders packs .. And they Guarantee delivery when you chose stealth . UK based.  https://www.seedsman.com/en/

And Southern Star seeds Australian local post no customs Regular seed only no feminised.  https://www.southernstarseeds.net/

Yantra... Limited stock at the moment and a few site issues .. Nimbin NSW local post 

Just remember weed grows.

You dont need PH pens or Nutrient Meters no ph up or down, no fancy Nutrients or Medium for you first grows.. Maybe a cheap moisture probe so you dont over water.

And You can add a few centimetres of seed raising mix on top of the soil mix if you want and start them in the pots . Transferring seedlings can damage them easy if you dont know what your doing.. Start them in the pots your growing in to begin with.. Like I advised before clear plastic over the top and turn the big pots into mini green houses unti your seedling up and going.. 

Bunning has a Vegie and Herb potting mix with all the good stuff mixed in ready to go , or use the mix advised above .

And get a few garden hand tools , little spade ,watering Can and some stakes ,Garden twine ..

AND ENJOY.. Good luck

Edited by Traviss

Everything laid out for you timbo like a book,i'm pretty new to all this as well and like you i find it real easy to get high just on the growing side,it really gets the old dopamine receptors pinging. I also have just joined the herbal revolution and can't get enough esp from the guys on this site. Just wondering why no one has mentioned autos,much easier to grow and you don't have to worry bout light cycles  as they will flower when ready. Just germed 12 white widow from seedsman and every single one popped. Also very easy strain to grow. Not trying to act like i know more than these guys cause def don't,just trying to help another newbie brother take a load off. Good luck to you timbo

Everything laid out for you timbo like a book,i'm pretty new to all this as well and like you i find it real easy to get high just on the growing side,it really gets the old dopamine receptors pinging. I also have just joined the herbal revolution and can't get enough esp from the guys on this site. Just wondering why no one has mentioned autos,much easier to grow and you don't have to worry bout light cycles  as they will flower when ready. Just germed 12 white widow from seedsman and every single one popped. Also very easy strain to grow. Not trying to act like i know more than these guys cause def don't,just trying to help another newbie brother take a load off. Good luck to you timbo

As Serrated said.. Not for an unexperience gardener let alone a first canna grow.. Better with Photo period Feminised to start. Auto is and experiance growers plant ,you cant afford any set backs or they stunt and produce nothing..