Winter growing Victoria

Yeah you can start them about the same time, I do,(Nov) its all to do with your local climate anywhere near the water no probs

In the hills a few weeks later, watch out for frosts, cover them up if one is due

That's great to know! Yeah we are both down near the port Phillip bay (couple hundred meters off the water). I might try a few starting a few off growing inside once my rocket pots arrive. Gotta do a little research on it first as this will be my first time from seeds.

Cheers everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are looking good mate. What fertiliser are you using. I'm start my first little outside grow in September so just collecting knowledge :-)

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Just water mate!

With that soil mix recommended by GQ will have nutrients in it (cow manure, compost)

Imo get them bags and mix em up and cover them and let sit and turn in every week or so...

While you wait for your seeds

My 2c [emoji41]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by AussieBogan

Hi Tim,do you live near the beach,the reason I ask is that the only other thing you could add to that mix is some fish and if its going into pots you won't need a lot ,any fish will do,I've got a big chopping board outside I like to use a small axe to chop the fish up a bit,head,tail,guts everything goes in chop it into a fishy mush and only add one or two Small handfuls per pot plant and if you can add some standard dirt from the garden to your mix than do that to,so you got compost, manure, bagged soil,fish mix and backyard dirt and you always want to have more soil than you have manure,so say two bags of soil to one bag of manure mix it all up and can't go wrong really, as itchy said earlier it doesn't hurt to put a tester plant in your mix first to check the mix is not to hot from manure, something like a tomato plant is a good one to test with and you can do that now just to be sure your mix is ready for the upcoming season,if you find it is a bit hot than all you need to do is add more soil,ezy as,cheers GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app