Getting lots of rain

Gday harry yeah rain never seems to bother me except at this particular time of the year as Im a bit fussy about what I smoke and my ultimate goal is always to have wicked buds,this year iv been doing a medical grow as well for the first time but I think I'll be doing a few more grows before I master that one but I'll get there eventually

Hey Harry.

Veged 4 indoors till about 500mm high.

Been out 2 weeks.

3 not showing sex yet.

One white widow stretched to over 1m but turned out male, lots of balls from top to bottom.

Faced with a nice big healthy plant, just the wrong sex. I had a smoke and then culled it.

That plant was the first I had put decent effort and time into, only for it to be male. So now I know how it feels.

Stressed those plants so maybe will all be male.

Hhmmm that really erks me a as the question asked was should I be worried about wet buds and the short answer is yes it can be a problem in more ways than one,please don't assume that people are more concerned about there buds than someone else's tragedy and loss it doesn't even compare, all of Australia's hearts go out to those people but Im still concerned that all my hard work could be lost or damaged due to constant rain and fog I don't claim to know everything but I am seasoned grower with 25yrs under my belt and I'm still learning every year and trying to help others so that hopefully they don't make the same mistakes however sometimes mistakes is how you learn also I lost my only son in a drowning accident 1years old so please if you don't have helpful replays why reply at all

WTF?????

Never said it wasn't an issue, just that it's part and parcel of growing.

How the fuck you get from that that I assumed anyone, including you, was more concerned about their plants than human tragedy I have no idea, and certainly did not assume any such thing.  The phrase "Puts a bit of mould in your buds into some perspective" means that and nothing else.

In my mind explaining that having some loss to mould, and other environmental factors, is normal and something all growers have to learn to manage and deal with, seems like a helpful reply.  Especially considering I offered advice on what to do about managing it.  We've got a few posts with people sounding panicked at the prospect, telling them that's life and here's a way to best deal with it and still get a good harvest seemed like sensible advice under those circumstances.  But if you think a panicked early harvest is better advice, feel free to offer it.  And yes, I do concede that there are odd occassions where that is the only option.

If you decided to be offended by my posts, I'm sorry that that's the case, but it certainly was not intended to offend, demean, belittle or upset anyone in any way, just to get them to calm down and approach things in a constructive manner

Growing canna, especially where it is illegal, can be full of risk, effort, and hassles, and the list of things that can make that all be for nothing is very long, especially growing outdoors.  Sucks when it happens, but it's all part of the game, as you should know with 25 years experience.  All we can do is plan for the worst and hope for the best, and take it on the chin when it goes badly.

:peace:

• Upvote 2

I thought your comment was very apt hashy.

I was even getting a bit shitty at the rain cos it hindered a visit to my plants.

Read your comment about perspective and it worked for me.

Perhaps Greenqueen was not directing her comments directly towards you?

Greenqueen, what's the go with the medical grow you had going? I'm becoming more interested in that side of things.

Do high CBD strains require a certain approach or specific attention outside of learning a new strain anyway?

Cheers

My best wishes go out to all those who are growing outside in all this rain, hope the sun comes out soon for ya all :bongon:

Not sure why Sir's post came out abit harsh to some people but he is right. There is no certainty in growing cannabis, shit happens and some times it is out of your/our control. I have a mate that has been growing here in the bush since the early 60's and and have lost 100's(countless) plants to either people finding them and ripping them or cops having spotted them dropping 4 guys in from a heli and bagging them up and leaving a card on the fence for him to call them back lol. Males pollinating all females to seed and bud rot, list goes on..

Its all apart of growing this magical plant, we win some and lose some.

OMD.

:oldman:

Edited by OldManDallas
  • Upvote 1

Hi carbcon the medical grow is basically is for my daughter but to be honest i feel I have a lot to learn before I can possibly bring myself to give it to my child.I grew a few different crops,sativa, indica and a few random patches of stuff I'm not familiar with,bag seed just to see what it turned out like plus a seedy crop due to a Hermie that somehow slipped my eye.yes I have heard CBD dominant is the way to go and I guess just have to learn how to make up suitable oil or tincture and start trialling it to see which one is going to work if it even works at all,wish I could tell you more but I'm still learning all the do,s and don'ts myself when it comes to medical canna,I wish I had it all worked out because my daughter needs an effective solution asap
  • Upvote 1

Heya GQ.

A high CBD strain is certainly in my future. Something good for osteo pain.

Fair play to you for your previous grows. They sound very interesting and despite the rain and Hermes, your current grow looks awesome too.

From what I have read, and it's not much, some CBD strains can work better on certain ailments than others so worth isolating what strains may work for the patient.

I'm sure there are people on this site that can guide you in this matter.

Cheers

Edited by Carbcon