Messed up main-lining

even on a couple plants instead of trimming off the the nodes below the one being topped i just bent the stems till they snapped but were slightly still attached, wanted to see if theyd die off or boom back better than super cropping them.. will find out in a week, when they have slightly come back..

also want to keep a 4 stemmed mainlined mother but cut of 3 stems and crop other strains onto her, that way i can have 4 different strains in one mother plant... save on room in the tent and nutrients feeding her..

Looking real good kanneriley!

What strains are they?

yeah, since ive started using cyco nutes i haven't had a single nutrient problem. not even a single bit of nute burn..

so in the fridge is a:

Strain Hunters: Money maker - mainlined into 4 stems, still deciding to keep as a mother or put her into flowering, but she'll still be in vege for another 6 weeks so may flower her see what yields i get from 16weeks in veg.

flowering tent: (600w hps)

4x of the same above, but mainlined into 8 stems

veg tent: (400w MH)

have a few different girls in here,

back left- Harlequin fem

back right- TJs CBD fem

both middle and front right are RMG CBD phenos, topped one of them letting the other grow,

but i and super cropping her a little differently, instead of squeezing the stem and bending her over, im squeezing the stem from node to node breaking up the inside but allowing to stay straight up, getting some big knuckles in the stem, which will be good for when i try and grow her in to a tree, thinking of keeping her in veg till next growing season, then slowly move her out side..

latest pics of the girls..

end of week 2 in flower:

post-59343-149294002727_thumb.jpg

post-59343-149294009951_thumb.jpg

end of week 2 in Veg:

post-59343-14929401641_thumb.jpg

back left

post-59343-149294020025_thumb.jpg

back right

post-59343-149294027938_thumb.jpg

middle

post-59343-149294033323_thumb.jpg

untopped RMG CBD Pheno

post-59343-149294040306_thumb.jpg

ive found that instead of trimming everything under the node after toppling i wait until the next time i top, they seem to grow so much faster and bigger.. but each to their own..

• Upvote 1

Impressive stuff.

I'm mainly in 8 top land.

When at 8 tops, is training to outside of pot necessary? Is it just a spacing thing?

Do you train when it at the desired amount of tops?

Big pot with a strong plant with thick and long growths seem to have ok spacing when at 8.

Any advice here kanneriley?

• Upvote 1

Impressive stuff.

I'm mainly in 8 top land.

When at 8 tops, is training to outside of pot necessary? Is it just a spacing thing?

Do you train when it at the desired amount of tops?

Big pot with a strong plant with thick and long growths seem to have ok spacing when at 8.

Any advice here kanneriley?

im probably not the best to be giving advice as this is my 2nd grow ive ever done, but yes, i do train each stem to the outside of the pot, and only remove at the end of week 2 during the flowering stage, as they tend to take up too much room..

if i had a larger tent, say 1.2x1.2 id leave the tie wire on so that they are evenly spaced, so flowers haves enough space to get their own light, at the moment im tucking fan leaves down that cover other flowers.

also if in a tent, id put into flowering once the stems have reached 4 or 5 nodes from your desired top to save it from growing too tall, thus only having a 4 week veg time,

been trying to find some tomato trellis rings as these are the go to tie to and keeps the plant growing at the same width as the pot.

if growing outdoors you can actually grow upto 32 separate cola stems, topping a total of 8 times.. perfect for big but short plants outdoors.

i read all my info on how to do it after finding a tutorial on "grow weed easy" using the nugbuckets technique,

i think 8 colas is toom much in a tent (unless i had a 2.4x2.4) but from now on ill just do 4 colas, easier to train and look after as trimming 32 long colas is a pain in the fucking ass.. need to get a bowl trimmer..[emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Hi everyone I've set up a old wardrobe that's 1.5m wide 1.5m high and 0.5m deep and run 2x 300w vipaspectra leds. I am currently growing world of seeds amnesia I read up on how to mainline/manifold and thought I did it right but Think I may have messed up a bit I started by topping at 6th node back to the 3rd when the new colas x2 came up I pulled them over without a issue the let that grow out till 3rd node and topped again now I have 6 colas on each side so 12 per plant is this right or was I meant to chop off all growth under the 3rd node. Your opinions would be great68ac1f8eedf3c7ea6dfab20f08568227.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hi pri0015.

A little off topic but where did you get you viparspectra leds. Cant seem to find any shops that sell them except on ebay? They reviewed really well but im a bit iffy on ebay

• Upvote 1

Hi pri0015.

A little off topic but where did you get you viparspectra leds. Cant seem to find any shops that sell them except on ebay? They reviewed really well but im a bit iffy on ebay

sorry to say but I ordered off eBay as a recommendation from a mate