Messed up main-lining

Snapped two stems on my smaller plant last few days while trying to train it, doesn't seem as bendy as the other ones. Kinda annoyed with myself :( I've taped them up and hopefully they will come good, one looks a bit limp but the other looks normal still, so hopefully not a total lost cause.

The big one is looking good though, topped to 4 and then spread out a bit, looking like it will have a nice even canopy without a net or anything so far. Will be switching my light schedule this weekend I think, don't want it to get much bigger. The pot it's in is over 30cm wide for scale.

post-60242-0-48131500-1496429622_thumb.jpg

Clones I took are all coming along nicely too, slowed down the veg stage a bit but worth it I think.

post-60242-0-96408600-1496429828_thumb.jpg

Edited by hydrochronic

Snapped two stems on my smaller plant last few days while trying to train it, doesn't seem as bendy as the other ones. Kinda annoyed with myself :( I've taped them up and hopefully they will come good, one looks a bit limp but the other looks normal still, so hopefully not a total lost cause.

The big one is looking good though, topped to 4 and then spread out a bit, looking like it will have a nice even canopy without a net or anything so far. Will be switching my light schedule this weekend I think, don't want it to get much bigger. The pot it's in is over 30cm wide for scale.

attachicon.gifMoB.jpg

Clones I took are all coming along nicely too, slowed down the veg stage a bit but worth it I think.

attachicon.gifroots2.jpg

Can not believe the roots on that peat pellet . Also that stem looks nice and thick . Would love to see a photo of the whole thing ! How long did the clone take for that to happen and did you just have it in a propagator ?!

I really like peat pellets . I've had a lot of luck with them . Any info would be appreciated . Good work !!

Can not believe the roots on that peat pellet . Also that stem looks nice and thick . Would love to see a photo of the whole thing ! How long did the clone take for that to happen and did you just have it in a propagator ?!

I really like peat pellets . I've had a lot of luck with them . Any info would be appreciated . Good work !!

Hey Jim, I don't have many pics of the clones, that one is about 3 weeks old, just been sitting in a humidity dome getting misted every day or every second day. I took some pretty big cuts, pic below showing the original size, I think this is why It took a bit longer to root. I basically topped at the 4th node for starting my mainlining, but let the second and third nodes grow out for some decent clones. Thanks for your kind words, hope this helps, nothing fancy just patience. Cheers.

post-60242-0-51872600-1496581391_thumb.jpg

Holy shit ! That's awesome !! Very impressed !

What size pot did you chuck it after the 3 weeks ? 4L?

Cheers Jim, some I have given away, the rest went into 0.5L pots for a bit, and once the roots grew out enough, I put them into 8L pots. Here is a few more, a week or two older than the other ones but treated the same.

post-60242-0-54647900-1496679988_thumb.jpg

Back on the mainlining topic, here is my best effort so far.

post-60242-0-28040100-1496680025_thumb.jpg

This is the one I snapped 2 branches 90% of the way through, hanging on by a thread. Taped it up and seems to be recovering OK, I was almost sure those tops would wilt and die.

post-60242-0-91868300-1496680222_thumb.jpg

Edited by hydrochronic
  • Upvote 1