What's some soil to use from Bunnings?

Hey sorry to butt into this thread but im thinking of trying some mollases for my flowering plants? Now i just wanted to know how much to add to water? And can too much be bad i would assume it could suffocate the roots ? Because of its thick consistency? Thank you

can i suggest a better option imo

EM-1 Effective Microorganisms , doesn't sound like molasses but 

molasses is in this liquid as a food source for the microorganisms

what we know about microorganisms is what go's in one end comes

ready available for plants at the other end 

you get the molasses already partly consumed & the anaerobic microorganisms

who are sort of organisers of soil life then become a food source for that life 

i use EM in soil growing @ 0.5 mil per liter every fourth watering sometimes more 

often with lots of hot days http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-500ml

can buy in liter bottles as well , gets cheaper the more you buy , but pretty cheap at around $20 

can make your own if kean , from taking the water you wash rice with , that white cloudy stuff , let it sit then add milk to get curds & whey

the whey is your EM that you than activate with molasses , plus a small amount of whey turns into a bucket load of activated EM

you just don't get all the benne's that are in the bottle 

Wow man thats weird i would never think of adding milk and rice extract to my plants but i just wanted to try mollasses this time see the results then move on to other things plus im going into town layer so i can just grab some from the shops haha but im using searles premium potting mix which as you know has slow release ferts would there be enough nutes in the soil for flowering ? I did remove half the nites at the start so i had around 6-7weeks of food in the pots to start they have eaten that by now so what do you think? Thanks

Dunno, bit hard to tell the quality without at least seeing the mix first.

Generally, if it's loaded with sand and/or pine bark, it's going to be a poor quality growing medium. In fact, too much pine bark can be detrimental to a Cannabis plants development.

It's loaded with sand, but not too much bark.... Anyhow the kids can use it!

BOGAN

• Upvote 1

Wow man thats weird i would never think of adding milk and rice extract to my plants but i just wanted to try mollasses this time see the results then move on to other things plus im going into town layer so i can just grab some from the shops haha but im using searles premium potting mix which as you know has slow release ferts would there be enough nutes in the soil for flowering ? I did remove half the nites at the start so i had around 6-7weeks of food in the pots to start they have eaten that by now so what do you think? Thanks

i've seen molasses rates anywhere from a teaspoon per gallon to a tablespoon per gallon 

pre-mix in a lill hot water  500ml , will help to incorporate into the larger colder water

if never used B4 , i'd start at the lower end , even lower than teaspoon per gal & work up from there 

you are feeding soil not plants , plants don't take up molasses straight out of the jar !  

Soil mixes with slow release can be a prob if feeding NPK as well , 1st don't buy slow release potting mix

2nd if there already there don't use NPK ferts , stick to things like seasol not a NPK fert , plant tonic  

as flower starts top dress with worm castings & again half way though  

with slow release happening castings combined with slow release can still burn tips

but i'd rather have the castings there for the microorganisms personally  

First off , To each there own 

Scotts are the consumer Round Up distributors in oz 

& have been in bed with monsanto for some time os 

Scotts recently brought out a bunch of hydro people like Gavita & others 

A court case in the states against Monsanto has just been won , which forces them

to put Cancer Causing Warnings on the Round Up bottles , woo hoo , i'm sure they'll appeal

Once again

To each there own in who you choose your money to support 

just an opinion 

• Upvote 1

Looking good mate, what strain are those?

yo thanks OMD.  to the left is incredible bulk from dr krippling  , to the right is biker kush 2.0 from karma genetics

First off , To each there own 

Scotts are the consumer Round Up distributors in oz 

& have been in bed with monsanto for some time os 

Scotts recently brought out a bunch of hydro people like Gavita & others 

A court case in the states against Monsanto has just been won , which forces them

to put Cancer Causing Warnings on the Round Up bottles , woo hoo , i'm sure they'll appeal

Once again

To each there own in who you choose your money to support 

just an opinion 

yea well this product is safe. its ok. no negative test results . scotts even bought out debco. theyre massive.