What's some soil to use from Bunnings?

Bought a 25L bag of the 'Scotts Osmocote Seed Raising and cutting mix'

well I like this new one for a start.

I mixed it up with perlite and potted up a heap of plants.

Texture is nice n soft like coco and peat.

scotts seed raising and cutting mix is alrite.

It is really soft and light, even after you mix it w/ perlite and water it something about it seems nicer than other soils.

So long as nothing dies or gets any form of nutrient lockout I will continue to use it instead

$11 a 25Litre bag is not too bad of a price either.

On the bag it says it has some osmocote in there, some coir and sphagnum peat , wetting agent and water crystals ... not bad

Will let you guys know in a week or 2 if its all good.

Always good to find out about something new to add to the list of A-OK.

Carn

Alrite its been 10 days.

seeds are coming up really nicely in the scotts seed raising and cutting mix - 6 weeks added osmocote mineral ferts for tiny seedlings.

i mixed around 30/70 perlite/seed raising mix, filled up the pot over half way then added almost 2" of straight scotts seed raising mix to cover it all.

(to keep perlite away from the seedling for the first couple of weeks, stuff will float up and be annoying otherwise)

planted the germinated seed in the top layer of straight seed raising mix.

added water then put the pots outside under the fence-line where they barely get sun at all.

pots are sitting inside a clear plastic storage container with a lid.

checked the pots today, theyre looking rather terrific.

seedlings were 50-60mm tall so i pushed some seed raising mix around the stems.

All-in-all the product seems to not be harmful whatsoever to germinated seeds.

gallery_52443_1290_1188869.jpg

looks good enough to me.

I wont complain about paying $11 for 25Litres of scotts seed raising mix.

Carn

*edit these seeds arrived on my front step on Monday the 12th Dec 2016. then i had to crack em, then plant em.... means I've had the beanz for 7 days rite now. Looks good. And I buried the stems a little deeper with more soil a couple hours before the photo was taken

Edited by Carnage
  • Upvote 2

gallery_52443_1290_6274571.jpg

Here we are.

still no fertilizers added.

I've only watered with plain dechlorinated water once since my last update.

It must be 2 weeks since i got the seeds in the mail now.

So far all i used was plain old scotts seed raising and cutting mix (- premixed w/ a touch of osmocote).

This setup seems to be doing the business alright by itself there.

I think this scotts seed raising and cutting mix sure has taken a  lot of the hard work out of the first 2 weeks for me I assure you this much.

I will continue to use this growing medium.

Next I will take cuts and test the soil mix with those too  :D

Carn

• Upvote 2

gallery_52443_1290_6160256.jpg

Alright up above is the 2 seedlings I started in Scotts Seed Raising and Cutting Mix.

I received these 2 Cannabis seeds in the mail 12th Dec '16. 

They've been transplanted a couple days ago into 11Litre pots into more Scotts Seed Raising and Cutting Mix with 20% Perlite.

The pots were great $2.50 pots, from Kmart and Im reusing them for the 3rd time.

I havnt fed the plants any additional fertilizers or nutrients to date. 

The plants are living off the soil they are in and I am keeping them hydrated w/ rain and dechlor-water.

Scotts Seed Raising and Cutting Mix appears to be a really good option for a n00b if you ask me.

I been around the block with growing weed 20yrs and I can safely say I would recommend it to a n00b.

This is my first time using Scott's Seed Raising and Cutting Mix.

gallery_52443_1290_5100694.jpg

Here is a cutting I took on 30th Dec '16,

This cut went straight into Scott's Seed Raising and Cutting Mix in a 0.9L pot, both purchased from Bunnings Warehouse .

All Ive added is water and spritzed her with a water bottle sprayer inside a clear plastic storage container w/ lid.

Clear Plastic Storage container is sitting outside in middle of summer heat all day and night.

Humidity is high in the clear plastic storage container, I open it once a day, fan the plants w/ the lid then spritz with water and replace the lid.

I have been scratching my head as to whats is different about her (you know how it is when you see something every day).

Turns out there is a new set of leaves and the nodes are stretching.

I only take cuts with 2 leaves and the new growth (top bit), here I have an extra 2 leaves and she is outgrowing the clear plastic storage container.

Good sign to me that she is rooted and in the next week I will see roots out the holes in the bottom of the pot.

She looks a little light green I know, she started her life under T5's and she (the cut) went directly from T5 lighting to outdoors in the Clear plastic storage containers once potted up.

Also her leaves look like heat stroke, kind of in her rights to look that way seeing as though shes in a box in the summer heat.

Anyways I recommend Scott's Seed Raising  & Cutting Soil for cutting now too.

What strain is she ? 

Breeder: Grow Your Own DNA Genetics

Strain: El Fuego Feminised Seeds (Spanish translation -'the fire')

This was an update for this topic/thread as I mentioned in my last posts.

Day 33 since I popped the cracked seeds I got in the mail on 12th Dec '16 into Scott's Seed Raising and Cutting Mix.

gallery_52443_1290_1404140.jpg

couple blemishes on lower leaves from transplant.

must've broke a few roots by accident

perfectly normal

these plants doin real good still

Wow to the seed raising mix eh ?

Not fukn bad osmocote, not fukn bad at all