What's some soil to use from Bunnings?

http://healthy-organics.com.au/how-to-make-your-very-own-high-brix-soil-garden/    all this stuff is good but pricey

just

When you dig the hole fill it twice with water before you fill the hole..

Then water once more to settle the hole mulch and leave

Just find a spot with good exposure and well drained loam. 

The inside of a mulch pile that has been sitting for over a year 

1 x   bag Mushroom Compost spent still in the clear bag   $2

1 x bag Chicken Manure $4 from the clear bags... ....outside fruit and veg shops or the side of the road 

and a chicken carcass and bag of vegetable scraps and worms 

Place them all turned over in the ground at the start of Autumn 

And turn it over in spring and plant your 

Already 4 inch plant in from an 8 inch pot.

Place your seeds in a glass of water and let them sit for minimum an hour even up to 24 hrs

Place a in the pot 3 or 4

This allows you to see what traits are coming up ....the strongest and most dominant and  any scrabblers pull out do this in the first 2 weeks no longer ....

or leave them if you are seeding  ....You will get to see more traits quicker than if you are just doing this by singles.

Breed every year 

And if you have healthy seed you wont need cotton wool and all that ....the less you touch the seed the better ...put it in it's final spot .asap. before the temps get high. 

post-60532-0-95973700-1490359139_thumb.jpg

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

I donno why people want to grow in soil when hydroponics is readily available from Bunnings these days, its not very sophisticated u can either use a pot or just dig a hole and fill it with coco

the growth speed of coco to soil is double or triple the speed in some cases its even more

unless u buy your soil 250kg or more with sand and manure and mix your own you'll never know how good a good soil mix actually is, that pre mixed shit in bags they call potting mix should be shot for selling it

Edited by Gazza2001au

I donno why people want to grow in soil when hydroponics is readily available from Bunnings these days, its not very sophisticated u can either use a pot or just dig a hole and fill it with coco

the growth speed of coco to soil is double or triple the speed in some cases its even more

unless u buy your soil 250kg or more with sand and manure and mix your own you'll never know how good a good soil mix actually is, that pre mixed shit in bags they call potting mix should be shot for selling it

Soil I find adds more flavour to the bud in the end. Coco is still good can't knock it but a good soil recipe is unrivaled if you're going for quality over quantity. Outdoors soil seems to stand up a bit better to heat when it comes to watering compared to coco as well. All in my experience

• Upvote 1

Soil I find adds more flavour to the bud in the end. Coco is still good can't knock it but a good soil recipe is unrivaled if you're going for quality over quantity. Outdoors soil seems to stand up a bit better to heat when it comes to watering compared to coco as well. All in my experience

Yeah the watering's are a bit more frequent probably because the bark in potting mix holds the moisture

all personal, I cant see why people would use hydro, (or grow indoors for that matter) feels too clinical for me.

all different.

I wasnt around with mosses to plant my seeds in soil to harvest today haha :P