Hey everyone, pretty new to Ozstoners and wanted to share how I make Cannabis Coconut Oil. This method has worked wonders for myself and others. Apart from just using it in edibles, I also use it as a topical for skin conditions (eczema).

1. Preheat oven to 100 c (fan forced)
  2. Chop your bud ( not to fine ) 1/4-1/2 oz is enough, i use all my vaped weed, and trim aswell.
  3. (Decarboxylation) Spread out bud in a oven safe dish and cover in alfloil really tight so the weed vapour doesn’t escape, place in oven for 30 mins
  4. Let the dish sit for 10 mins after taking it out of the oven for the vapour to settle
  5. take off the afloil and add the melted coconut oil (200-300g cold press virgin coconut oil) to the dish 
  6. Sprinkle a small teaspoon of Lecithin ( I use Soy Lecithin Granules ) over the weed and coconut oil and lightly mash the weed with the back of a spoon.
  7. re-apply the alfloil and put it back into the oven at 100c for 1 hour
  8. Take the dish out of the oven and let sit for 10 mins
  9. Sprinkle a small teaspoon of Lecithin over the weed and coconut oil and lightly mash the weed with the back of a spoon.
  10. re-apply the alfloil and put it back into the oven at 100c for 1 hour
  11. Pull the dish out of the oven and let it cool until room temp ( leave the alfloil on)
  12. place the dish in the freezer, and freeze for 2 hours
  13. take the dish out of the freezer and let sit until room temp
  14. put it back into the oven at 100c until it turns back into a liquid 
  15. Strain the liquid through fine material if you don’t want buds in your oil ( I just leave it in there )
  16. Use in edibles
  17. Get real high/Medicated

I personally use about 10-14g of flower and 10-20g of trim and vaped weed per 300g of oil ( I dose 10g of oil )

I really hope this helps someone :)

• Upvote 1

The decarb of the dry weed is the important part. The rest is just infusing the cannabinoids into the oil, of which excessive heating will decrease potency. In theory the best way to do this would be to keep the oil warm enough to be liquid and let it sit for a week. I just do it over a double boiler for half an hour.