Hey all!

In my downtime recently I've been trying to refine a recipe of herb infused coconut oil and I think I've got it as good as I can and want to put it up here for someone else to possibly mess around with it some more to perfect it further or for someone to just use it off the bat to make some great food with it.

So my predicament was that I didn't want to have to use a slow cooker to achieve what I wanted and the easiest method for me was using my gas oven.

What you'll need:

4-5 Hours

Materials:

Glass bowl/jar (Oven safe)

Glass bowl/jar (Storage)

Cheesecloth

Oven

Measuring spoons

Grinder

Something to stir with

Optional Materials:

Pizza stone

Silicone spatula

Gloves (Although highly recommended)

Ingredients:

Herb (7 Grams)

Coconut Oil (7 Tablespoons)

Soy Lecithin (5.5 Teaspoons)

Recipe:

1. Preheat the oven to 110°c. This may not even be indicated on your oven like mine so you have to estimate where that would be.
    (A tip I recommend heavily is to use a pizza stone in the oven, my crackpot theory here is the stone will retain heat when you open the oven and therefore will keep everything pretty toasty in there at the temp you need throughout.)
  2. Measure out how much herb you wish to use. I usually stick with around 7 grams of herb to a half cup of coconut oil. Otherwise, you could go by the ratio of 1 gram of herb to 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
  3. Grind it all up in whatever grinder you have available to you. I just use one of those no name hand grinders.
  4. Get a flat glass bakeware dish and then spread the herb out evenly over it. After this is done make sure to cover it with aluminium foil.
  5. Once your oven has reached the required temp (We should be nearly there hopefully at this stage) place the alfoil covered dish in the oven for 50-60 minutes depending on how dry your herb is. Usually around 50 minutes for more dry herb and 60 for less dry herb aim for somewhere in that time bracket.
  6. Once it's done take it out of the oven and place somewhere for 5 minutes or so and then take the alfoil off, don't take it off before then.
  7. Turn the oven up to 130°c.
  8. Grab a glass jar, bowl or anything else glass that can withstand the ovens temps and that can hold your oil and bud well. Put the amount of oil you want into it. I usually use an oven proof glass bowl because it's the easiest.
  9. Next you will need to put a 3/4 tsp of soy lecithin for every tbsp of oil used into the mix. Once added stir it up!
  10. Cover whatever oven safe glass container you're using with alfoil again and put it into the oven because we're finally infusing.
  11. Bake in the oven at the 130°c temp for 80 minutes. Take it out every 20 minutes to stir it around a bit to make sure you're properly infusing the product. (This is where the pizza stone should come in handy to keep the oven hot while opening the door every 20 minutes.)
  12. Once the 80 minutes is up take the oil out of the oven and change the temp back down to 110°c and place back in for another 120-130 minutes.
  13. In this stage we need to take it out to stir every 30 minutes similar to last time you should have the knack of it down now.
  14. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down a little.
  15. Strain it through some cheesecloth into its final vessel, this could be another glass bowl, jar or whatever aslong as it is easy to get the oil out again (I use a glass mason jar). Squeeze the herb over and over to get all of the oil out, you don't want to waste any. (I highly recommend gloves for this step, you will not like not using gloves. It's a mess).
  16. You've made oil! Good work. This stuff if done right will hopefully do the job just right. Becareful with dosage if you're new to edibles and have fun.

Recipes sourced from DudeGrows, reddit.com/r/treedibles & this graphic https://i.imgur.com/qPpCHwH.jpg

There are many diff methods of making canna infused oils.

I my self do a BHO extraction then infuse the BHO into coconut oil...

Nice idea there, would just about definitely be a higher potency product and probably better than herb! If I was able to get my hands on some of it I'd probably do a similar thing, I'd probably look into making lollies with BHO/Concentrate extractions though. You're right though there is a plethora of different ways to do a similar thing, ultimately it comes down to what's available to you and what you have to do it with.

Edited by eestapak
  • Upvote 1

Yes BHO extraction is very risky but you get the most pure oil of all the extractions other than C02, but all the C02 gear that is needed is out of most ppls reach price wise and can be just as dangerous as BHO because of the high pressure that is needed to contain the C02 not like butane that can b stored in lquid form under 5psi.

Like any oil you make it is only as good as what you put in, you use shitty weed u get shitty oil.

Same deal when infusing weed with coconut oil it will only be as good as what u put in...

• Upvote 1