• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit

Photo

Vinegar for PH adjustment?

- - - - - PH Vinegar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Hey guys was wondering if using vinegar to adjust soil/water PH is good/bad for plants/seedlings??

I haven't got around to getting my PH up and down yet

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

sols

sols

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

I just follow instructions on nutrient bottle, never checked ph in 20 years of indoor/outdoor/hydro/and soil. never had problem. personally I would not add an acid to my plants.

-----Knowledge is wasted if not shared-----

MediKat

MediKat

XXXX

• 420 Crew
  • 1678 Posts:
  • Interests:Stresslessness
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

Most soils are acidic and liquid ferts only add to that over time. Eco flow lime is what i use to adjust ph up in soil and i don't adjust or test my water/feed.

Starting of with amended or a correct phed soil to start with and pretty much the soil will buffer itself and i just do one more test before flower to raise if needed from salt build up.

Just my two bobs worth. Im sure others will have better info than i, good luck Biggdogg

Edited by Katton, 27 November 2014 - 01:13 PM.

From little things, big buds grow

Naycha

Naycha

Concentrating....

• 420 Crew
  • 6060 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal

I have used vinegar in a hydroponic res and I don't recommend it. It caused nutrient salts to fall out of suspension.

I just follow instructions on nutrient bottle, never checked ph in 20 years of indoor/outdoor/hydro/and soil. never had problem. personally I would not add an acid to my plants.

Believe it or not pH is very important to nutrient availability.

:peace:

Knarfman

Knarfman

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 Posts:
  • Interests:Computers, Art and a good Book.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: LED

I have tried vinegar to PH down before cause my proper bottle leaked, and it worked for about 1 day. When I researched further it turns out that the vinegar does the job while in suspension but it doesn't stay in suspension very long before it separates and evaporates. I also tried Lemon Juice but the amount necessary to lower from 7.2 to 5.8 I may as well have bought shares in a lemon farm.

I get my PH down from an aquarium supplier on eBay and the 10ml bottle of PH up has remained unopened since the day I bought it 2 years ago. MOST tap water is kept as close to neutral as possible by the water board so you should only ever need Down.

Hope this helps

PS. when I used to grow outside (Queensland) in the 80's all I did was bung them in the first bit of safe soil I could find and fed them all sorts of water (both clean and dirty, full of salts and minerals and on a "when I could get to them" timetable) and they still grew into trees. They are a hardy plant and sometimes I think we fuss too much. BUT then again maybe im just getting old.  ;)

I Hate being Bi-Polar , It's Fantastic !

People say I'm easily distracted but it's just ......  Hang on the voices are back.   Gotta go!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !  (except bears, bears will kill you)

Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

thanks for the replies/info, much appreciated, ill wait til I get some proper Ph + & -

The Green Goblin

The Green Goblin

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
I've used Ph down a lot and had no issues but I know Apple cider vinegar works well too... Possibly a little more natural, too

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PH, Vinegar

OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Australian Advanced Nutrients
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.