• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit

Photo

The importance of a pH pen

- - - - - ph hydro coco

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Sharpie

Sharpie

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

So everyone says if you're growing in hydro mediums you need a pH pen. I was always like "yeah, I'm sure I can get by with pH strips". Finally after mixing a few batches of nutes and guessing that the pH strip was measuring between 5 and 6, I thought I was fine, but decided to get a pen as it seemed faster and more accurate.

Well....I tested my current mix of nutes and they were at 7.6. Yikes! So glad I found out early on in my grow.

Moral of the story is, you need a pH pen if you're growing in hydro. Get a pen.

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

The Stoned Jester

The Stoned Jester

The one, the only - The Stoned Jester.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 80w Philips CFL

not always, pool PH strips are probably a bad idea, but you can get a very accurate liquid PH test kits I've been using one for all my grows and a few others use it as well.

41okQ6eVM-L._AC_UL320_SR218,320_.jpg

People say you need an EC pen / tester as well, but you can get away without it either.

gallery_40304_1204_35607.jpg

Have you ever noticed the most dangerous thing about cannabis is getting caught by the police with it?

"When the legal side effects of a substance cause more harm to a person than the side effects of the substance itself we have an injustice." - Jimmy Carter

:plant: "Who says stoner's aren't creative? - Give them weed and nothing to smoke it out of, and they turn into fucking Macgyver" :plant:

CURRENT GROW - https://cannabis.com...er-grows-again/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...00w-drobe-grow/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...vil-experiment/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...k1-x-blueberry/

READ THE RULES!
:protest DO NOT ASK ME FOR SEEDS, CLONES, OR ANYTHING TO SMOKE YOU WILL NOT LIKE THE ANSWER. :protest

Theope

Theope

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish

Well, thank you for post. I put thought about buying pencil.

Razz0r

Razz0r

Rockn 420

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 Posts:
  • Interests:Motorcycles, IT geek stuff and my own "Projects", Camping, 4WD'ing
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: MH, CFL, HPs
if you wanna grow well and produce nice flowers. its highly recommened to have one. small cost for out put

I know myself and my body better than any government ever will - Give us the freedoms to look after it they way we want without poppin pills!  

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Sharpie

Sharpie

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 Posts:

Well, thank you for post. I put thought about buying pencil.

Pencils are ok, but once you get your pen license in 4th grade, you'll never look back.

chained

chained

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 Posts:

I have a HM brand pH tester, and EC.  I'd have been screwed without them... During the first few weeks, as my system was setting in, I'd have to the adjust the pH multiple times a day.  I really don't know if it would have got bad enough to kill the plants but they certinly wouldn't have done as well as I feel they have.

Edited by chained, 04 December 2015 - 06:32 PM.

Iqua

Iqua

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Posts:
  • Interests:Doin' nothin'
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic

I am using the pencil for some time and often the values measured with a pencil and with traditional way is different. What do may cause this?

Laughter is an instant vacation.

Sharpie

Sharpie

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 Posts:

I am using the pencil for some time and often the values measured with a pencil and with traditional way is different. What do may cause this?

Try not using a translator to get your english from. That might help improve the situation.

Naycha

Naycha

Concentrating....

• 420 Crew
  • 6060 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

Try not using a translator to get your english from. That might help improve the situation.

I had no trouble understanding what he said.

Try being more tolerant of others in the community. That might help improve yourself as a person.

Sharpie

Sharpie

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 Posts:

I had no trouble understanding what he said.

Try being more tolerant of others in the community. That might help improve yourself as a person.

Sorry Naycha. Some of these posts come across as someone building up a profile with the intention of later spamming the crap out of the forum. I've seen it on other places.

I'll keep those sentiments to myself in future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ph, hydro, coco

Grow Fresh LED Grow Technology  "Moving into the future"
Ozi Magic Fertilising Crops and Bank Accounts
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.