• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Australian Advanced Nutrients
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit

Photo

pH shifting; how much canna koala bear

- - - - - pH Additive Additives

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

iTiC

iTiC

Valve Oil Lean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2057 Posts:
  • Interests:Medicinal plants; not currently being used by medicine.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None
  • Fav. Lighting: The sun.

Gday Im a bit concered with the pH of my perlite recirc.

Im getting a dirft in the pH each feed. Normally the pH wont move too much and Ill have to adjust it at the end of a 12 hr period.

However, the pH shift on this grow swings from 5.5 to 7+. after each feed!

Im using symbiot nutrient additive, and a citrate for the pH down. I dont know if the organisms in the solution would use the citrate??

I may try  the 'other' bottle of down they sold me. and concider not using symbiot additive.

Has anyone experienced this before??

Im used to the pH changing just not this much, after each feed!

Posted Image
Posted Image
----///-\\\----Put This
---|||----|||---On Your
---|||----|||---account If
---|||----|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

pisspotgrower

pisspotgrower

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1567 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

Hey ya bro, im not running a recirc system atm but know i fed my plants ph 5.8 last night n will be back up round 7.2 again tonite...

Im running feed to waste so nothing from the pots is going back in either.

Stix87

Stix87

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2196 Posts:
  • Interests:Lots of stuff
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 2 x 400w HPS veg and 1000w hps for flower 2. X 80 w cfl

hey mate im running recirc system with clay balls/ hydroton with same nute additive as well. I had same problem then I flushed my whole system with a lower ph and bought a ro filter system and haven't had any problems yet. :bonghit:

iTiC

iTiC

Valve Oil Lean

• Members
  • 2057 Posts:
  • Interests:Medicinal plants; not currently being used by medicine.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: The sun.

hey mate im running recirc system with clay balls/ hydroton with same nute additive as well. I had same problem then I flushed my whole system with a lower ph and bought a ro filter system and haven't had any problems yet. :bonghit:

Exlnt, I have done a flush recently using pH 5.5 and changed that several times until the pH stopped changing. The EC dropped to 0.4, Base for the water Im using.

Please tell me more about RO filter systems, I did a quick google and saw aquarium reef reverse osmosis kits.

Did u get yours from a pet shop? what a decent sized one for a 40L Rez?

Alternatively I could just use the H&G system, I didnt have this trouble before so Im putting it down to Symbiot.

Plan B flush with H2O2 pH ajusted water and run H&G, kiss etc. Not sure where Id put a RO Filter...

I saw an autmoated pH adjustment table ...

Stix have you run with H&G b4? do u preffer Symbiot for some reason if so what??

Edited by iTiC, 15 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

Stix87

Stix87

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2196 Posts:
  • Interests:Lots of stuff
  • Fav. Lighting: 2 x 400w HPS veg and 1000w hps for flower 2. X 80 w cfl

hey itic I run a ro filter system because my tap water reads .8 to 1 on me ec meter. have never used h & g nutes before I only use Amsterdam indoors nutes with the sysmbiot  nute additive and foliar spray. i got my ro filter system from hydro shop it gets all the minerals and shit out the water. i have run symbiot nute additive twice this being the 3rd run i reckon it brings out the smells more in the buds but i have no evidence to back this up apparently tony bowers uses the same nute additives :bonghit:

haze420mist

haze420mist

Curing

• Supporters
  • 505 Posts:
  • Interests:Growing Cannabis, talking sense, collecting, fishing/camping, hunting, cannabis legislation
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: hps
What's your water temps mate?

Also every now and then they scale the water pipes from up north to clean all shit inside these pipes, don't no what chemical they put in the water to do it but a lot of farm properties close to that main line get notified when they will scale these pipes so they can shut off the main line and run off there bore.

The reason they notifiy these people is because the water is full off shit maybe this is the cause just a thought.

Haze

Edited by haze420mist, 15 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

SO IT HAS ALL COME DOWN TO THIS. SUCH IS LIFE.

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6556 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"

RO filters are good if ya water contains contaminants. I seen them on Ebay quite cheap. Make sure you get at least a 3 stage filter set up...... single filter, you be replacing the cartridge all the time in heavy water.

Reverse Osmosis uses a membrane to seperate the particulates from the water. Is basicaly what a de-salination plant is.

15 years ago, it was all the rage.

H&G was designed to be used with Tap water, is probably why it does well.

peace. Nibbler

And so, life returned to normal, or at least as normal as it gets in this primitive dirtball inhabited by psychotic apes. Thanks to the effects of the Hash waves, the people of Earth have not memory of what had transpired, except Nibbler, and no one believed him or cared what he had to say. I, meanwhile, returned to my post, ever vigilant, lest Earth again come under Hash attack. And when that day comes, God help us. God help us all.

Cloning for Coco Growers

https://cannabis.com...le/#entry301424

Coco Growers Guide
https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Tent Set up and Equipment List

https://cannabis.com...-yaself-a-tent/

Dutch Tulip Joint Tutorial

https://cannabis.com...h-catcher-leaf/

Decarboxylated Bubble Hash Brownies

https://cannabis.com...il/#entry391759

Growing outdoors and Understanding Light Hours

https://cannabis.com...rs/#entry322068

CO2 Extraction Hash with Dry Ice

https://cannabis.com...ag/#entry304265

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pH, Additive, Additives

Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
Massive Bloom
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.