DWC grosse lisse help:)

G'day all, been having abit of a fiddle with dwc and a grosse lisse, ( want to learn abit more before i go all out with my meds) transplanted one of my grossee lisse from soil to the DWC about 4 days ago now, some nice new root growth is starting to poke through, and i've been monitoring the temps with a wireless monitor

I've noticed when i take my dwc bucket out in the sun, literally in about 10mins the whole plant will droop and not look happy, so i move her back under the pergola and same again in about 10mins, it's back to looking pretty ok?, the temp in the water does rise when it's in the sun but i try to combat that with a couple of 250ml pop top botles placed in there

Ph is in check at 5.8, unsure of TDs/ppm got a meter on the way, 1/4 strength seasol in the mix ( not sure if seasol is any good for dwc being organic but want to try) also 1 teaspoon of dissolved epsom salts...added a 1/4 of a bottle of 3% h202 2 days ago aswell....

maybe my tap water is to hard? i let it sit for a good 12-24 hours before i use it, ph of my tap water comes out at 7.7

cheers all :D

post-44459-0-26347000-1347853478_thumb.jpg

under the pergola

post-44459-0-48959600-1347853494_thumb.jpg

outside in the sun

post-44459-0-89475500-1347853499_thumb.jpg

some roots poking through

post-44459-0-67222200-1347853504_thumb.jpg

Soil temp is the temp of the water

also at that water temp ..very little oxygen will be absorbed

as 0zzy said 19-24 good temps

dunno how ya would battle that outside as ya want the plant in the sun obviously..

may sound silly ..can you dig a hole to put the whole bucket in??...

same as if you had it planted in the soil...

also pays to keep the air pump in a shaded cool spot ...as the temp of the air being pumped into the bucket, can and will raise the temps of the water (i spose it would drop the temps aswell if the airpump is sucking cold air,not sure)

lastly ,carefull of over feeding,as the roots are always in nutrients..

half the normal dose is plenty untill you work out how much they like.

EC 0.8-1.0 max to start with

be cool to see a outdoor DWC work ,keep at it..

all the best Sam

also at that water temp ..very little oxygen will be absorbed

as 0zzy said 19-24 good temps

dunno how ya would battle that outside as ya want the plant in the sun obviously..

may sound silly ..can you dig a hole to put the whole bucket in??...

same as if you had it planted in the soil...

also pays to keep the air pump in a shaded cool spot ...as the temp of the air being pumped into the bucket, can and will raise the temps of the water (i spose it would drop the temps aswell if the airpump is sucking cold air,not sure)

lastly ,carefull of over feeding,as the roots are always in nutrients..

half the normal dose is plenty untill you work out how much they like.

EC 0.8-1.0 max to start with

be cool to see a outdoor DWC work ,keep at it..

all the best Sam

Yep i can dig a hole somewhere and put in the ground no dramas, just might be a bit of an effort to lift out of the ground to check ph/ rainy weather e.t.c.?.....Yeah i've been reading up alot on the temps guys, thanks for drilling it into me, The soil temp on my wireless display is actually the temp of the water...currently at 22.2...during midday today it stayed around 22...(with a icebottle to help but) Just wondering what was causing the droopiness? Now it's under my pergola and perked back up abit ....the top reading of the temp on the wireless monitor is the 'air' temp ...i think this is deceiving but as day before it got to 48.......

was actually doing a re arranging the shed earlier and found an old esky thought maybe that might hold the temps better? or could keep it even hotter i'm not sure.... I've got alot more reading to do yet before i start asking a million questions .....Good tip on the airpump samurai...sounds logical to me... will to abit of brainstorming later and see what i can change :)

been taking it realy easy on the nutes, went 1/4 strength on the seasol same with the h202 and espom salts....Will be able to get a better idea once the tds arrives...could be a week or 2 but..just a cheap ass one from hong kong ..

lol use will probably laugh but i have a 1 week old auto northern lights also sharing the dwc space with tom, the auto actually looks real great...no drooping...burning (as of yet ;)).....some new roots poking through...only done it because it was struggling really bad in its soil home (wrong choice of potting mix )

thanks all for the kind words DWC is really growing on me haha :D

post-44459-0-01277700-1347861467_thumb.jpg

Edited by havik_racing

Ended up biffing the grosse lisse back into the vege patch, jaikai was right plant was abit to big i think, anyway chucked one of the cherry tomatos in there see how it go's......I'm using 1/4 strength Rhizotonic and checked the ph thismorning was sitting at 8.1???! apparently rhizo can act as a ph up in some cases?...

havent got my tds meter yet but went to the local nursery couple of days ago and they do water quality testing there (ph and ppm) curious of what my tap waters ppm is took a glass up there and read at 550ish ppm....probably why my autoflower is getting burnt like hell, also found this report online if anyone in QLD is curious about there tap water's rough ph and ec levels http://www.aquasafe....ty-Analysis.pdf

post-44459-0-51385100-1348345410_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-48217100-1348345415_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-99269400-1348345418_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-11466300-1348345424_thumb.jpg