Auto Wizards, your 2 cents please!

If any experienced growers could please help me out on this, I'd be very grateful. It's my first indoor and DWC and auto grow and I think I have dilemma.

- Fast Buds Auto Girl Scout Cookies

- Germed in Rapid rooter

- Into DWC after shoot emerged (2 days from sowing)

- 20/4 cycle

- Small tent (0.7 x 0.7 x 1.6m)

- Light/passive ventilation

- 300W LED (80cm above bucket)

- Tube heater and dehumidifer

- Tent Temps 19-20 off, 25-26 on

- Water temps 19-22C

- Ph 6.0ish

- Humidity 60%ish

- Status.... see photos after 8 days in DWC

Question: After 8 days in the bucket, should I throw this baby out and start again, or persevere with it? I'm unfamiliar with autos but my understanding is you need good, fast growth in the first few weeks or else you end up with a bud on a stick. After a good pop, growth has been very slow (I think). The first leaves are growing very slowly and look a bit sort of wrinkled and the second set only became visible after 6 days or so and have hardly changed since. That said, the roots are growing alright I suppose and are about double the height of the plant (15 cm). I put in a 10% dose of A+B veg nutes yesterday during first res change. I have more seeds so maybe I should just try another and hope for better?

Or am I just being a massive impatient stress head and everything will be just fine and I should just chill the f*ck out?

Thanks in advance!

post-63420-0-40640700-1527514714_thumb.jpg

post-63420-0-56310000-1527514735_thumb.jpg

Mate I'd wait it out a little longer. Now that main taproot has hit the water, you should see more upward growth. Just make sure water level isn't too high or the plants will end up "overwatered"

Also, if possible I'd suggest a EC meter to know exactly what's in ya bucket. Over or under feeding in dwc will have very quick effects on the plants. You might see more growth now that you've added nutes even. Also check pH regularly, it will swing.

Good luck mate. Shoulda went with photos to christian your system I think, just until you master it..

Mate I'd wait it out a little longer. Now that main taproot has hit the water, you should see more upward growth. Just make sure water level isn't too high or the plants will end up "overwatered"

Also, if possible I'd suggest a EC meter to know exactly what's in ya bucket. Over or under feeding in dwc will have very quick effects on the plants. You might see more growth now that you've added nutes even. Also check pH regularly, it will swing.

Good luck mate. Shoulda went with photos to christian your system I think, just until you master it..

Cheers Tunkers. I've actually noticed some new growth in the last 24hrs which is promising. The water is acouple of inches below the rooter plug so all good there. I have an EC meter put I thought I wrecked it by accidently thrashing the calibration dial (I thought it was a screw for the battery compartment). It might be ok though. It reads 00 out of water or in tap water but read 02 when I put it in the nute water (1/10th the recommended full dose). I assume 02 means 0.2 so I'll keep playing with it and see it's reliable. pH kept going up with plain water last week but seems to be more stable with the nutes in it. I hear ya on the photos though. Autos appealed because they're smaller and grow quicker but they seem to be more unpredictable and you have less control over them.

Ive heard the opposite, Ive heard autos are hungry buggers? My auto has been.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Interesting. I'm not experienced yet but a lot of the online advice about autos on other sites says to go light on the nutes. Does growing in DWC need less nutes?