Gronnashi,

Sorry to have offended you so deeply about calling Karl a doctor, I am far from being 12 years old and had always heard of him referred to as "Dr Karl" so please excuse my ignorance and my blatant neglect in doing a full background check on someone who is commonly referred to as "Dr"....In future I shall endeavour to not let this happen again and shall keep my ideas to myself in regards to this matter,

Your humble servant

Scottdeaussie

• Upvote 1

Well I had one idea that I've been working on. If any of you are interested in getting up early on the weekend, my idea is basically to make posters with facts backed up be sources that can be placed at the bottom on why legalisation would be better for Australia.

You can just have these printed out and early in the morning, put them up where you live and considering it only takes one person to poster a high traffic area we could cover a lot of places. The more you see something the easier it is to agree with it. You can put them up here and anyone can download them and place them around where they live preferably where many people may see them. It shouldn't cost much and it will raise awareness, I say early in the morning because I don't want people getting hassled by disagreeable onlookers and police.

So what do you think?

We are at a point in the evolution of a species inwhich a range of new exotic/dangerous yet beneficial drugs are discovered weekly...... It would be silly to allow a government to control and regulate a range of quite possibly highly beneficial drugs because of their lack of knowledge of such substances. Regulation and control is not what we need as a species, regulation and control is the fabric of the orwellian nightmare/dictatorship. Regulation in this manner limits the progression of the evolution of the human species..... we do not need a government to tell us what we can or can not consume in the safety of our own home, what to think, how to act, how to behave .... . with more regulation comes less freedom; besides, regardless of regulation there will always be those that are 2 steps ahead, regulation & prohibition creates a market that criminal organisations can always monopolise. what we do need though is the total legalisation of a majority of the drugs that are classified in a manner that would deny access to those that may find the substance useful. A fine example is mdma, which has been known to dramatically improve the therapeutic processes involved in comforting somebody suffering with ptsd..... has a veryyyy high ld50 is not addictive and is far less dangerous (toxicologically) than alcohol and has much less of a window for abuse. The legalisation of drugs is the proclamation that human beings have the right to choose how to operate their own mind as long as it doesnt impinge on anothers freedoms/free-will. the legalisation of meth wont mean an increase in junkies. Quite the contrary. say "know" to drugs. We need drug education not drug regulation. Drug prohibition is the mechanistic nature of the law utlised for the screening out of the "civil disobedients" amongst us..... there are still always those that are 2 steps ahead though ....

peace n pot,

I know this may seem stupid and it is just a random idea.

Why dont we all start a religion for ourselves and claim the smoking or partaking of weed brings us closer to our god and it is our religous freedom to do this. :-) Then we could also raise awareness and money completely tax free. Main stream religion and the slightly more nutty ones have been doing it for years.

Anyway with that out of the way, has anyone tried approaching organisations suchas as MS australia, Cancer Council, Jane McGrath foundation and the like. I read a story in a report from the cancer council not too long ago where they straight out said that they are aware of the beneficial properties of marijuana for cancer patients, MS and many other life threatening diseases. The problem was though that they are not aloud to do adequate research in developing a pill or cream or whatever to help thier patients. This person actually seemed quite frustrated by it and he was a doctor with the cancer council.

Maybe with backing of serious organisations who can show and demonstrate how well it works with proper clincal trials and evidence to back it up maybe a strong argument. Maybe an email to the doctor in Tel Aviv Israel could be a good start to see if he would share some results of what he has done.

After watching my father inlaw die from melanoma cancer that just ate him alive and his only pain relief was oxicodone and serious opiates. He couldnt eat or if he did he couldnt hold it down and he faded fast from a strong healthy man to a skinny sack of bones. Was devistating to watch this man who was also proud Veteran not be able to do anything for himself because it was illegal for him to take something that could have returned his appetite stopped the pain and helped him sleep.

Just disgusting that we let this happen to people we all know and love because of ridiculous laws that systematically arrest prosecute and ruin lives of people who would like an alternative to opiate pain medication, alchohol or just because they want to.