Don't get me wrong buzz, I am behind you all the way (that sounds gay doesn't it) I sincerely hope you succeed with the idea of tv ads. I just can't see any stations doing it. Theres been no real advocacy because some people like me who have come through the fucking fun 70's would rather stay underground and just enjoy their smoke. They have a lot to lose if caught. The younger generation would be more able to handle this. Not say they don't have any more or less to lose than I.

Just like the 70's were we marched to stop sending conscripts (who were far to young to be picked off the street, put in a uniform, three or four weeks training at Kunungra then on a plane to get killed in a war we should not have been involved with) to Vietnam that should have been the job for the regular soldiers. We had the drive and ambition to fight for what we thought was right and just.

I would gladly join in demonstrations. It is up to your gen to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. But you will need a shit load of time and big dose of perpetual enthusiasm to keep hammering away at these nazi controllers. Get rid of the stigma and the bullshit first then you have a good chance.

Please feel free to disagree with whatever I write, it is good and gets discussions started.

Respect to you to for the effort. We do need more people like you.

Maybe a cannabis awarness day or week.

Buzz fundraising is a great idea but for that I think we need to have a "common group" like NORML but Australian. Im sure everyone has heard of Anonymous if you havent have a look into it because it is an idea we could definitely use. As for an ad, I think print is the way to go because for the same money of a 10-20sec ad, we could have 10x the print coverage.

Just my 2c...

Good ideas there.

I agree that we need an organisation name. Blowed if i could think of a cool one though.

My line of thinking is this. Times have changed.

You can march until you're blue in the face, and marches and things have been organised in the past and the turn out was mediocre. (We're potheads, we forget to turn up half the time...) :doh:

We have to play like the big boys, which means influencing public opinion. The mining industry ads are a good example of what I'm getting at.

These days marching results in NADA! If we do it we'll be written off as a bunch of hippies looking for approval to get high.

Whatever the issue I've seen it time and time again. Time to change the game plan.

Broadcast is where it's at. Print, telly, radio, social media whatever. A high profile aussie stoner would be helpful but I wouldn't know one if I fell over him/her. They're probably all too chicken anyway, and would rather cover their ass and keep out of it.

Someone else here had the idea for the ad. Ads cost big bikkies and I was putting forth a simple idea to make some bread for it.

The great thing about sausage sizzles (one is not enough obviously) is it is more personal than organised protest and you don't need to rely on sheer numbers. You could just have a handful of people engaging with people. Until the fundraising goal is reached we just have one every year in every city. Chip away slowly and quietly...It would help raise awareness too. Once we have the dough we can influence many many more.

And brick if you sound gay I'm cool with that. lol In fact allow gay people to inspire you... they have gotten a lot of shit done in the last twenty years gaining their social acceptance. It's gotta be our turn soon.

Thanks for your encouragement. :peace:

it may be a stupid idea but i think if we could all do our own small part to raise awareness (i.e printable flyers) i would happily deliver flyers around the neighborhood, i know its a small step but we have to start somewhere, also i think that a carbon tax angle could grab attention Edited by Andrew Wallis

I dissagree I don't think raising cash for advertising is the way to go, as was previously stated I doubt it would get "air time". The board of censors would destroy this campaign before it had any air play and then all the bbq's and ambition would be taken by the assorted advert companies and "pissed up a wall".

My thoughts are with getting an educated representative who can articulate, whenever questioned, the benefits of decriminilisation/legitimisation of personal use marijuana for both medicinal use and recreational and for the ease of burden to society for the incarceration of 100's of people annually (myself included). The annual savings from de-criminalisation i.e. non incarceration, would be millions. On average it costs approx. $65,000/ inmate/ year. The one major factor that is on our side is that people HATE having their tax money wasted, and the more it's shown that gaoling people for pot is expensive and unnecessary the more likely things would change.

I don't think that the individual would even need to be a current smoker, but a past smoker who is a huge intellect and is also an Australian is Dr. Carl Krushelnitski, perhaps a well worded e-mail outlining the ideas put forward in this blog may catch his eye?

I also personally know 2 of the countries first LEGAL hemp growers, they had no end of troubles- if it wasn't local dickheads ripping off 1/2 there crops and trying to sell it as pot it was assorted cops doing there little raids, much to the amusement of the legitimate and licenced growers- which brings me to my next point, whom-ever it is who decides to be very public in either their sausage sizzles or media campaigning is going to recieve LOTS of extra special attention from the wide and varied "members of the constabulary" which is a major consideration when selecting or volunteering as this sort of representative, so be carefull about the selection as the scrutiny of this person will be too the "enth degree" and if they have anything that can be miss-construde by a clever little so and so working for the opposition, it could sink this campaign VERY quickly setting back legalisation even further. Even an ex magistrate (high court, preferably) , solicitor or retired policeman who can see and tell about the injustices he has personally seen involving pot, and how this "war on drugs" is bordering on ridiculous.

That's my 2 cents worth anyhow, I know it's probably too expensive at that! but it's what I can offer up.......anyone got any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Hi guys. Sorry it's been a while. I kept checking in for a couple of weeks and no-one was around.

We get there now and there is lots to do. I have read all threads and very interesting. I'm for it all. From bbq's to flyers, to ads. It all helps.

We got lots of ammo now.

Australia21 said, "The prohibition of illicit drugs is killing and criminalising our children and we are all letting it happen". Senator Carrs admission that we have wrong drug policy (wiithout announcing ammendment) now means our government knowingly and willingly partake in the killing of our children.

This is enough to get them. It is a house of cards waiting to fall now, and now is the time to put a foot on their throat.

Get active now guys. Send questions into public forums eg Q and A (I had one approved last week but didn't get read out). And this week you'll see my question approved again (under name Don). Flood Q and A guys! Newspapers letters to editors. A lot of usual stuff that many of us have been doing, but the time is now for an effort for sure.

Email health industry stakeholders eg the AMA (Australian Medical Assoc) and there are many more. Email politicians, your Local, State and Federal.

Personally I think medicinal is the best avenue. Then they can wash their hands of the legalising nightmare that they will face. Christians etc. It would be relentless. If it's needed medically there will be no denying it. And it will be a simple case of you and I getting a script for say "migraines" and it's done with. If you don't want to smoke cannabis you won't need a script. Simple. This is how they can get around the opposers, and everyone's happy.

Get activising guys.

You know apart from all the reasons why, there is a simple reason of it's my right. Which I always seem to change opposers perspective with. The next time to speak to even a fence sitter, ask them how they would feel if you reached over and took their beer from them while they were at the footy. Or took their wine from them while they ate dinner with their wife, etc. Ask them what their response would be to that? They take our happiness away, and it's not right. We don't take theirs away. And ask them what are the non-drinkers are supposed to do to "relax"? By not making cannabis readily available, they push people to the only other alternatives. Pills, amphs, etc.

Good luck fellow stoners. Keep going. It's all about to crumble. A smoke for me now and Electric Ladyland.

Edited by mullupmofo

Unfortunately the amount of hemp growers in Australia can be counted on one hand. from nici's post on 30th March

I just remembered. There was a Italian bloke in Griffith who got a licence to grow industrial hemp on his property. This happened this year or late last year by the way.

He fucked us all over by growing the same stuff we grow and got done when he had a police inspection. Now this sort of stupidity is the thing that destroys any hope of decriminalisation. Probably put the cause back 10 years

If we can't even get that right then there is really no hope.

His greed fogged his brain.

His stupid excuse. "I did not know" how fucking lame.

A lost opportunity to show the worth of the cannabis plant as being a good thing for use in food, clothing etc.

On the other hand granting a licence to a dare I say it, a "wog" in Griffith to grow was a government cock up of the first degree.

Hi all

A couple of extra additives,

Scottdeaussie,

Just a point on my bbq idea. I had some thoughts about the consequences of such thing so of course there would have to be rules surrounding volunteers. Firstly no getting stoned or possession at any time during the operation. We need to be taken seriously.

Secondly the cleaner your criminal record the better. Personally the worst I have is overdue parking tickets. (I tend to fly under the radar) but I know brushes with the law are common for many. I'd say growers and others needing a low profile need not apply! lol Being well groomed and somewhat conservatively dressed will be helpful. Being well versed in the best arguments will be of benefit. Of course any other strategic ideas would be well recieved.

If all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed there should be minimal reason for harrassment or over the top prejudice. We really have nothing to hide, we need the courage to declare that we are not criminals but everyday people. And that is part of the purpose for a sausage sizzle.

Even if an ad is the wrong way to go, fundraising couldn't hurt. It serves the dual purpose of raising awareness and cash. Every movement could use some cash.

Dr Karl would be a great idea. Does anybody actually think he'd be up for it though?

And in general.

Look up the story of Johnny Appleseed. He planted apple trees over a massive area of the USA to help the pioneers, a legacy that still exists today. The same can apply to any plant.

Protest with any extra seeds you have!