I am looking for other like minded people who really would be interested in starting a Cannabis Activism Group. As I have stated in a couple of other posts I can be contacted at endthedrugwar@hotmail.com or twitter @NoMoreDrugWarAu best option to contact me is my email address as I have several twitter accounts which is ridiculously difficult to maintain.

What I am NOT interested in doing is walking down the street puffing away on a big fat spliff singing anti prohibition songs in protest of the repressive drug laws. I believe that would not be well received by the Australian public who are mostly brainwashed through years of Drug War Propaganda.

I feel the focus should be on Education, Harm Reduction, Human Rights and Compassion. Australia is way behind the rest of the world as far as Activism goes. From reading some of your posts it is obvious some very intelligent and genuinely nice people use this website. All we need is some motivation to get the ball rolling.

So consider this post as a call to arms. I am motivated. Email Me so we can arrange a time and place to meet. If you have ideas write them down bring them to the meeting I am open to suggestions. The laws in this country will never change by wishing things were different we need to act even if it is only in small ways to start. I am in Sydney come on people contact me I am genuine about this. Become a founding member of a group that may just do some good for our society.

Remember email endthedrugwar@hotmail.com email me ASAP. Hope to hear from some of you soon. Stay Safe.

Apathy is the first enemy to overcome. Cant say I'm not surprised by zero response thus far. Australia is so far behind the rest of the world as far as Cannabis Activism goes. There really is a lot that can be done especially using social media and the current technologies available. If we had a core group who were dedicated many more people would get on board. It's just a matter of getting the ball rolling some momentum. An Aussie started Wikileaks. That is an example of an Idea that became huge. Why cant we do the same in our fight against Prohibition?

My offer stands to any who are willing to help bring about an end to prohibition. Email me endthedrugwar@hotmail.com

heya SC =) , while I think ya got the right idea, I dont think trying to legalize Cannabis at the same time as some harder drugs will do much good.

Personally I think Meth and crack etc should Never be legalized, nor any drug that is doing more harm than good.

Cannabis needs to be approached seperately , as a seperate issue/ platform, best way is medicinal first to get ya foot in the door and prove to people it is of no harm to them if they dont use it. Then approach recreational...after some time.

I dont think calling Aussies apathetic etc is going to help you much, plenty of people been fighting the good fight here for years.

We've seen activism come and go, by various groups.....as you see not much has changed.

The only way we are going to get ahead is by educating the mainstream public....that means TV advertising, Newspaper ads...... that is where activism is lacking.

Preaching to the cannabis using public is like telling a sheep it's woolly......pointless.

Politicians are spineless poop shooters, and none of em here will make a cannabis platform, they talk a lot, but no action. They need safe votes.

We need supporters with big bucks to push the movement forward here, if the government hits out with propaganda we have to fight it with Advertising and Facts.

Approaching the public through a mainstream media is crutial to going forward. I have NEVER seen an Australian pro Cannnabis ad on TV....ever.

can reach more people with a 30second ad in prime time than anything else besides the net.

Maybe a re-think in approach is needed rather than hitting the same wall with our heads. peace. Gh72

• Upvote 1

heya SC =) , while I think ya got the right idea, I dont think trying to legalize Cannabis at the same time as some harder drugs will do much good.

Personally I think Meth and crack etc should Never be legalized, nor any drug that is doing more harm than good.

Cannabis needs to be approached seperately , as a seperate issue/ platform, best way is medicinal first to get ya foot in the door and prove to people it is of no harm to them if they dont use it. Then approach recreational...after some time.

I dont think calling Aussies apathetic etc is going to help you much, plenty of people been fighting the good fight here for years.

We've seen activism come and go, by various groups.....as you see not much has changed.

The only way we are going to get ahead is by educating the mainstream public....that means TV advertising, Newspaper ads...... that is where activism is lacking.

Preaching to the cannabis using public is like telling a sheep it's woolly......pointless.

Politicians are spineless poop shooters, and none of em here will make a cannabis platform, they talk a lot, but no action. They need safe votes.

We need supporters with big bucks to push the movement forward here, if the government hits out with propaganda we have to fight it with Advertising and Facts.

Approaching the public through a mainstream media is crutial to going forward. I have NEVER seen an Australian pro Cannnabis ad on TV....ever.

can reach more people with a 30second ad in prime time than anything else besides the net.

Maybe a re-think in approach is needed rather than hitting the same wall with our heads. peace. Gh72

You make some good points GH..A different aproach is the answer. TV, internet campaigns etc are the conduit for reaching people in these times, If banners stat getting hung on bridges, monuments etc it will only be used by the media, polies and filth to enrage the general public regarding cannabis/drugs. I am not sure that medical is the way to go to getting it legalized for recreational use. I don't think the aussie gov will ever legalize something that can not be accuratly measured, therefore, they will instead use things like savitax and THC pills etc..

I agree with TSC regarding legalization of all drugs.. meth is a terrible drug, but if it were made in sterile lab conditions it would be a much safer prodfuct. However, if cocaine was available, nobody would ever touch meth anyway..

P :)

• Upvote 1

I think the first step would be to have it decriminalised and not be seen as a dangerous drug. One way to be taken seriously while spreading public awareness would be for any type of movement (sorry don't like the word 'activist', it sounds too F#^K YOU), to donate or support a worthy cause/charity such as Cancer research. Two things could happen from this:-

1. Be seen as productive and compassionate members of society

2. Open the door for discussions to allow for decriminalisation through research therefore being bought to the public's attention through media etc..

Just my .2c here but to me this would go along way in helping with public awareness and dispelling the years of propaganda against it's name.

• Upvote 3

I think the first step would be to have it decriminalised and not be seen as a dangerous drug. One way to be taken seriously while spreading public awareness would be for any type of movement (sorry don't like the word 'activist', it sounds too F#^K YOU), to donate or support a worthy cause/charity such as Cancer research. Two things could happen from this:-

1. Be seen as productive and compassionate members of society

2. Open the door for discussions to allow for decriminalisation through research therefore being bought to the public's attention through media etc..

Just my .2c here but to me this would go along way in helping with public awareness and dispelling the years of propaganda against it's name.

I know which image works for me?

post-13842-0-10687800-1328241621_thumb.png

post-13842-0-37348100-1328241637_thumb.jpg

I've emailed Branson. Nil response to date. Every week I send msgs to Gillard, Obama, Fedetov- current UNODC and many other world leaders, state/local politicians anyone I can think of. Yes financial backing is a big problem. So is fear of being busted. At the the moment I'm working with what I can. I use all forms of social media. I always argue from scientific/ rational perspective not ethical/moral. I call talk back radio if they talk about drugs. I've sent letters to editors and so on. Everything I've done so far has cost me nothing but time. Yes it would be great to have expensive ads on TV and in News papers. Thats out of the Question for me alone.

What else can I do? To start any group from scratch takes time and effort.

From all your replies you all mentioned funds as one of the main problems. How do we fund raise? Other than Branson any ideas? Why not ask other groups how they got started? How about some ideas as to how we can start a group with what we have? or ways to get what we need or want?

BTW I'm NOT a cop.

My offer stands. I really appreciate your replies, ideas and advice.