Thanks guys. I think the "likes" don't register til later. They might look at them when selecting questions to ask though. And if we can get it, or any others, into the 200 most popular questions section, it would only be a good thing. By the looks of it the question only needs one "like" for it to qualify. Cheers again.

The link..

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

Thank you thank you. They are showing!!! Why I wonder? I haven't seen that before. No other of the 100 odd questions in that list has a single "like" that I can find. And ours now has (2). And it stands out! Awesome. Mission accomplished.

Of course the more "likes" the better but other Aussies read these questions and will see this. We stand a better chance now of it being read out and discussed. Top job guys. We'll see what happens Monday night.

Buzz Lighthead.

Great ideas.

Don't be discouraged by those who are bound by fear, or say that nothing can change.

Change is not only possible. Change is not only achievable. Change is inevitable. But not without people with the courage to stand up and publicly fight for our freedoms. I'm guessing that you are one of those blessed with that courage.

Drug law reform is a State issue, so getting active in your local community a you intend to do is probably the best place to start. A sausage sizzle sounds like a great idea and one that I will certainly adopt as I launch my own campaign.

Edited by GregKasarik

Okay so, first point, and sorry to nitpick, but "Dr Karl" is NOT a Doctor. He holds a few scientific degrees,as well as some good practical experience in the sciences, but holds not one doctorate. He's called Dr. Karl for the children.

Now onto the topic at hand...

I believe what somebody stated before about focusing on just the hemp issue and not the drug issue, is the correct way to go. Deal with the hemp issue first and by itself, and the rest will follow in due time. I recently found out that hemp seed oil is very good for you. It contains a good amount, among other things, of omega 3 & 6 oils. I personally do not believe that the continued rape of the ocean for fish oil is currently in any way sustainable, let alone KRILL OIL.. HONESTLY... KRILL.. What are they trying to do, destroy the Earths food chain??

Okay I will calm down, sorry..

In regards to the "Elder Generation". It is the commonly held conception that they are stuck in their ways, and at the mercy of propaganda such as the old Reefer Madness. Maybe this is generally true, but there is always the exception. My grandmother has always been anti drugs. but she does enjoy the odd toke from time to time in her old age. I am very surprised at this, but I would rather think of her as an exception to the rule...

Now. Here is my main issue when it comes to this whole dilemma. Trying to get public opinion onside is a worthy goal, and seems to be the aim, but I see this here problem; Invested Interest.

Police, Bikies, Drug Dealers. All of them in some fashion or another, have some kind of invested interest in keeping Cannabis illegal. Maybe even politicians to an extent. This is one of the bigger problems I see. We have people who will lie and cheat and do everything to keep things the way that they are. They are dependent upon the longstanding climate of fear and intimidation for their survival. Problem is, our interests threaten that survival, and when you threaten somethings essential existence, it becomes aggressive and fights back.

Also is this issue of Synthetic Cannabis. It simply wouldn't exist if it were not for prohibition. If they are indeed less safe then naturally occuring cannabinoids found in the Cannabis genus, then it is a problem created from prohibition and nothing else... Hence, prohibition makes drugs less safe. The fact is, people are still using them ( drugs in general) regardless of the legal standing. The fact is, people are creating synthetics to get around the prohibition, and it is working to some degree, but creating more problems along the way.. The side effects of prohibition...

I agree we need a good front man. Some how I don't think Dave Hughes would be the most logical choice to go first... However many people only respond to comedy ( my sister included.. She cant watch anything serious or she gets bored and doesn't pay attention), so maybe somebody like him would be a good sideliner... Karl Kruszelnicki would be an alright choice, just DON'T call him a doctor unless you are under 12. Only problem I see with him is that some intellectuals ridicule him simply on the basis that he gets called Doctor when he is in fact not... Simply put, we can't please everybody with just one frontman. We need a frontman, a frontwoman, a sideliner, and a.. *shudders*.. Politician...

We also do need people who are generally in support of Cannabis that do NOT use it. That is one of the main problems I see with trying to set people up to be the mouthpiece for things like this. They become the target, and if they are not squeaky clean, and as if any of us are, they will be demonized. A problem I see commonly with "reformed" smokers is that, when they quit, they become "against" cannabis use. I know a few people who have gone like that. I consider it to be part of a natural defense mechanism, it helps to keep them away from it. If they remain hostile towards the prospect, they are less likely to fall back into it.. It's just how some people cope with the quitting process. Myself I did not find this. Drug counsellors ( spelling?) palmed me off from one to the next, simply because I refused to accept the little lies they told me about Cannabis.

All we got to do is tell the truth, not what we want to hear ourselves. Starting with the hemp issue is probably the most sound and logical starting position... As said before, the rest will follow!

Edited by gronnashi
  • Downvote 1