Urban guerrilla grow in Sydney

... see what I mean. The big 3, NPK are close, which granted does make that part of the chart(thanks for posting cerberus, not meaning any disrespect just endeavouring to get a bit of lateral thinking happening here) useful to a degree but the rest, well... honestly they are minor trace elements that will never be a problem and basically confuse things further by leading people to think any problems can be cured by reading a chart and pouring more 'stuff' in. I have no doubt there are some nutrient problems, they look underfed + the spots on the leaf are a good sign the nutes aren't right,... which leads me to think the mix of Dynamic Lifter and Thrive, in the coco, isn't quite right.

Has anyone thought to stick a pH tester in?

Where's the chart that shows what the leaves should look like if the plant has not enough Nitrogen, wrong pH, using soil nutes growing in coco?..... ya know?..... Hope that helps

Good point I have seen some good guides when it comes to nutrient deficiencys but not many on bug problems especially in Australia . Someone should get on that , would be a good help. I don't know much about growing in coco syco , so listen to bufo he seems to know what's goin down :) good luck man I'm goin away for a week hope you boys hook it up .

Dope

Hey there guys, thanks alot bufo, DD and cerberus. I visited the grow last night and yeah bufo your right the church did look very pale green. My mate also told me last time he viisted while i was on holidays he saw some termites under the surface of the coco peat. I watered em 2 days ago so yesterday wen we went didnt see any signs of em so im not really to woried about that at the moment. We were gona flush the plants but instead i just picked some diseased leaves and will be visiting the hydro store today to see if his ever seen anything like it. Also will probably be picking up some hydro nutes like you recommened bufo. I have a ph meter at home but have never used it. Next time ill take some dolomite lime and the ph meter and make soem adjustsments as well as do a big flush and ad the new hydro nutes. Hopefully that'll solve the problem. DD hope you have a good holiday bro and cheers. Syco

post-42011-0-96190200-1325620480_thumb.jpg

post-42011-0-76759500-1325620561_thumb.jpg

Termites? If you have termites then I am sorry to say your plants will fucked in no time. Termites look like ants (hence the name white ants) but with a huge head and small body. I would be more inclined to lean towards scarid fly lavae commonly know as fungus gnats. Termites will come in from the bottom of the holes in the pots and very rarely will you see them near the surface. They don't like being near direct sunlight they will eat from the bottom up. The plant would be falling over if this was the case.
  • Upvote 1

Token JJ I went to the hydro store got some hydro nutes so will see if that helps. Brick last year when I was an apprentice and learning from my mates crop some 3-4m were mauled by termites. Theyre some bloody bastards. My mate use to see them crawling around the base of the stem and asome use to fall side ways. My mate viisted the grow at anight and said he saw some whtie small ants walkin around. But yeah if they are termites its good night to those plants. We took some flea medication for dogs and contains a certain chemical which termidor has (pest control people use it to kill termites) which will probably help the reduce the termites. But we saw no sign. River rat cheers mate I would upsize the plants into a biggerp ot but not sure if they are root bound and because since im close to urban area dont wana make to much of a racket and cause any further attention. I also took some leaves for the owner of the hydro store to look at. He said that it might be from over watering. Not sure if he knows what his asying but could that be the case. Maybe the coco at the bottom is to wet and the surface is drying and as the plants roots have gotten bigger they reached the bottom. Not sure but next time i go i will weight the bins to see if they feel heavy or not. If they do im gona cut down a little on watering see if that resolves the probz. Also the hydro nutes should help if defecieny is the problem. Will be taking my ph meter as well and have a read. Dont wana flush yet incase overwatering is the cause of the problem. Could overwatering be the cause. Cheers syco will give you peeps soem updates

I am guessing the hydro shop didn't have coco specific nutes. Was this the same shop you got ya coco from? Hydro nutes are better but not Ok... can u swap them? I recommend house & garden or canna. All u need is the a & b and a flower nutes and you will be set. Did u tell ya shop man what media u were growing in?