What age did you start smoking?

What age did you start smoking?  

364 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

New Holland, I'm much with you. Although I smoke again these days, I onlty ate pot for what may have been around 6 years. Ate it daily, several times a day but. It's abetter high for me, and I hate smoking, it taste crap, it tatstes crap onmy wife's breath, and I too am frightened of cancer, amphaasemia. The two people I look to greatest in life have both diseases.

Anyway, on withthe program..

I started smoking grass the same time as tobabcco. Same peer pressure group, same peer pressure reasons. Except the smoko was usually done with a bunch of girls that I found intrigueing at that age. I was 12/13 years old. 42 o43 years old now. I just ahd a birthday and damned if I can keep trackof what age I am.

cheers

rob

well i started much the same as you guys,i was 13,boarding school,had an older brother in year 10 at the time so all of his mates thought it would be funny to get me ripped!well im sure it was funny for them :thumbdown:.

I had left school early,didnt finish year 9,but hey i didnt agree with the curiculum.

they teach kids bullshit at school,but anyway,by the time i had finished destroying my home town by the age of 16 one of my brothers friends got me hooked and never looked back,now im 26 and a very heavy smoker at times.

and the anti-social behavior that pot leads to has been hard but i have learnt to blend it into my life while still maintaining social structure.

dodog...u dropped out before u finished grade 9? Man so did I!! :thumbdown:. Am I having an out of body experience here? Are u I, and I U?...it all sounds so familiar..

I actually began school a year younger than usual, so grade 8 I was like 12 or whatever a year younger ought to be. That was the day I started smoking, first day of high school.

I remember that during my troubled years at school, I was asked by the guidance officer what I wanted to be when I "grew up" (frankly when school kinda fell away from me, I never even paid a thought to work for some time...I just wondered the country.Dont know what all the fuss was about). I told him (I thought jokingly) that I wanted to grow up and sell pot.

Now how many people can say they achieved their school time goals in life? Now all I have to do is sell pot of course...which obviously hasn't happened as yet.

cheers

...and the anti-social behavior that pot leads to has been hard but i have learnt to blend it into my life while still maintaining social structure.

I'm fucking certain that the anti-social behavior wouldn't exist if it wasn't illegal :wave:

It bothers me much less these days, basically cause I don't give a fuck if people know I'm stoned. I'm proud of who I am and what I do... which will probably cost me my job in the not-too-distant future :sly:

:thumbdown:

yeah 67 special, that's the problem. As I got older I relaised the only people who didn't get busted or in strife and cop the sack etc where the ones who realised what we do is a crime, and lived accordingly.

You're right in not wantint to live like a criminal, but you take a lot of risk. We should not be criminals. It's criminal that we're criminals.

rob

I started smoking when I was 12. My dad smokes every day, *always* has weed in the house. He wasn't that open about it obviously, because I was only really little. He said he smoked "something special that can't harm you", I told some of my friends that. They were only little too so they had no idea as well.

I can't actually remember the moment I had the whole realization on my dad having so much dope in the house. All I remember is putting a (un lit) spliff to my mouth, and thinking whether I should light it up or not. This is when I was just 12. I thought the walls were going to melt in front of my eyes, I thought colours and lights would be flashing in front of me and all that, so when I finally did smoke a little puff of it I thought it didn't work, or it wasn't weed after all. I read up on it, and I knew that "DARE" (the thing you do in year 5/6, a brainwash programme..) was a load of bullshit. I wasn't instantly hooked, and I just kind of forgot about the weed in the house and because I was now older my dad rolled up in front of me, but I didn't look twice at it.

The next time I smoked was when I was insanely drunk with my friend in Year 7 (we both were). I know it sounds terrible, but everyone does it. So we both went downstairs and I saw a joint my dad had left. I lit it and we smoked it. I can't remember what happened at all that night, except there was a lot of yelling at me for the booze the next monring (they never found out about the weed.)

After that, I started smoking more. Not every week, every month or so. Then it got weekly. Then it got daily as I was getting to thirteen. Once I was doing it daily, I couldn't stop and there was no point. I was enjoying it, and getting it for free.

I have been caught a lot, the smells ALWAYS gives it away. My dad always makes jokes like "Keep your hands off my pot (of weed)!" Irony? lol

But yeah, then I started getting into XTC, mushrooms and solvents. Never been a problem though. I'm happy having the happy medium off weed. I hate being overly stoned or drunk. I just like the relaxation dope gives me.

Anyway, been smoking every day since, 2 friends know about it - 1 knew by accident. I was really drunk at a party and shown them my joints that were in my bag... never smoked with her, the other one and me are always smoking and doing other drugs with each other. It's great.

That's my story! :)