2011/12 at Chateau Collapso, with Auntynorm.

G'day Troops.

This is getting out of hand, more like ridiculous. The fucking starlings have now chipped in their sixpenth worth. The two seedlings I replaced yesterday are gone, luckily I have a few seedlings on the go, and can keep replacing them. But it's getting beyond a bloody joke. I will have to put some wire down on top of the mulch to stop this crap. Matter of fact I'm going to do that now. I'll be back soon with some pics.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

G'day Troops.

I don't think I could bring myself to eat the stupid bastard, kinda like a part of the family, though I was wild enough the other day when I grabbed her by the neck I thought, just squeeze hard for a bit. But that passed as quick as I started. I got the wire mesh and chopped it into the right size, put some bricks and such on it and now to see what happens. I probably should have let them get a little bigger, but I'm an impatient sort, just make it happen now!!!

Well if this doesn't stop the mongrels I'm stumped as to what to do. post-33553-0-90580300-1318137446_thumb.jpg

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

lol

Heheheh , Great Stuff AuntyNorm :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about all the struggles with the pests so far , bloody funny read tho ;) heheh

Good old Nature aye :bongon:

Hope you can get ontop of it all soon , I've no doubt you will.

Maybe the idea of getting them a bit bigger before putting them in the patch is the go?

(I know that the general rule of thumb growing up around so many outdoor growers around here was to 'whack em out' once they are a foot tall ... they can take alot more beating at that age of course ... but then that only applies to certain situations , I tend to like them at least 3 sets of leaves before going in the patch ... don't have much problem with snails or chooks here but have numerous other animals and wallabies and bandicoots etc. the plants need to be able to hold up , and generally do ... so that's what I prefer to do) :bonsai:

Doesn't really need to be done inside , just put pots up high ... :bounce:

Oh .. and I can relate your Power-bill woes ... Holy Ficken Shut ! mine was huge last time! ..

They raised price by 20% the bastards! ... Un-fucking-believable! ... I already sit in the dark ffs :rolleyes:

Ahem ... well , I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Anyhoo ... All the best for the rest mate ... Hope that wire works? (but I reckon the snails will fit thru it personally) :whistle:

Heheh , Cheers :bongon: and Happy Growing to ya!

Budman ... Away! :toke: