2011/12 at Chateau Collapso, with Auntynorm.

hey Aunty

snails are total devestating i know ... i tell you, i would be picking a paddock full of cucumbers now if it hadnt been for a tsunami of tsnails that swept into my garden a few weeks back

so, glad to hear of the chooks taking a bloody-minded revenge upon the slimy slug who carries his house upon his back

a holocaust you say .. chooks can be utterly ruthless cannibals too , ive seen it with me own eyes .. shocking

anyways, you saved one of them twins thats the main thing aye .. :thumbsup:

:peace:

G'day Troops.

G'day Frazz.

I had an old mate on Magnetic Island, he's dead now, rest his piratical soul, and he told me one day to throw the frame of a decent sized Barra I was filleting into the chooks. There were chooks, ducks and a couple of turkeys in this big pen and they went ballistic, an absolute shit storm, to get at the frame, they ate the whole thing, bones, skin, scales, guts the lot. I dread having a coronary in a big chook shed, they would eat you no problem.

G'day Rev.

I haven't got any saw dust at the mo, so I used some snail pellets the have no metaldehyde in them, only iron chelate. These are much less harmful to the environment and break down to a usable feed for the plants. The chooks eat them with no ill effects, the iron chelate dehydrates the snails and slugs, not actually poison them.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

• Upvote 1

G'day Troops.

Right! This is fucking war, the gloves are off, take no prisoners. The mongrel bastards ate the healthiest Tropical Gold seedling. Down to the fucking ground. I found the prick in the neck section of the half coke bottle I'm using for a cloche. How the hell it ever got in there I'm stumped. It's being transformed into chook shit as I write. Puka, my friend, there is NO reason for them in the big overall plan, they are there to drive us insane. And succeeding!!! Delta make sure you get the pellets that have no metaldehyde in them, as dogs love the smell and then it's goodnight fido. And that shit kills native birds and lizards. The pellets with iron chelates are a much safer bet. I am seriously pissed off. I have about half a dozen seedlings in the green house, but they are much younger, but that shouldn't be a problem, as they wont be ready until Easter. I'm off to have a feed and generate evil thoughts toward snails. I'll think up something nasty for them.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

G'day Troops.

Yesterday one of my chooks did a runner. All my fault, I left the gate to the chook pen open, and then didn't close the main gates, when I went out about 1000hrs. In too much of a hurry. When I got back about 2 or so hrs later, Cheryl chook had bolted. I came in and had lunch while I pondered this bleak developement. After lunch I mounted a search party, and the dog and I went to retrieve the errant foul fowl. I asked the young guy across the street had he seen her, and lo and behold, the brazen hussy is parading up the footpath, 3 doors down. The dog and I charge off to horn swoggle this beast, but she want's no part of this, and splits. Off like a shot into the neighbour's house and under his 4wd. After much cursing and poking she came howling out from there, and roared over the next fence, with us in hot pursuit. Ended up cornering the evil bitch and grabbed her by the throat. She made a hell of a racket while I carried her home, and unceremoniously pelted her over my side fence. Most indignant she was.

So today she had her revenge for such unrefined, thugish treatment. The rotten, evil, low, mongrel bastard, destroyed my patch down the back. She destroyed the twins, they are knackered, totally gone, and the other twin left from the snail attack. Belted the bags outa the PoG clone, I may save it, with some luck. It seems I'm not destined to have a grow behind the shed this year, but we will battle on. Like I said, all my fault, I'm the villiage idiot, once again. :twiddle: