My first time

Guest Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

SHIT!

I opened my chamber today to see 3 shrivelled-up seedlings. The plants are on 3 hour feeds now - I should have asked how often most people flood a expanded clay medium - doh. AFAIK 3-4 hours is what I used to use and it worked well but this time the plants seemed to be getting too much water [bad guess].

I dont like hydroponics very much right now. I have only 3 healthy plants out of 16 seeds - not good. :P

Guest Wilderbud

Pipeman [youd hit me if I told you whos nickname I used here before re-reading the post - haha], if you check the post from yesterday youll see I changed from 4 hour flood to 6 hour flood because I thought they were getting too much water <i>then</i> as they were/are growing slowly.

I threw the 2 shrivelled ones away [one was the bagseed] so now Ive got 4 seedlings to work with. I cant believe I screwed up again. When I take clones Im going to stick with peat/perlite drain-to-waste for the whole grow - I shouldnt have any gnat problems this time [air is being circulated now and Ill have 2 HIDs to help dry the soil out].

I suck at hydroponics, its expensive and I dont like the taste of hydro anyway so the clones are getting their taste of organic soil when these plants are ready to tip and flower. I blame those bastard gnats for all of this. :P

Guest Wilderbud

Since Im too embarassed to take a pic of my indoor grow right now - and too lazy to drag the computer in to take a pic of a patheic grow - Ill show off my outdoor grow [non-marijuana]. So heres my fat-arsed strawberry plant which is growing in old peat, sphagnum and vermiculite in a hanging basket with nothing but flyscreen to hold the soil in - its grown from a seedling which I bought at Mitre10 [they looked small and sad so I took them home]. Ill take one more pic before I pluck my first home-grown strawberry so it might give someone motivation to grow some fruit.

PS. strawberries are supposedly hard to grow and you need to keep them in moist soil - I water every second day at most and I have drained my nutes into them once - I can see a bud growing on this plant but the other 3 plants were incorrectly places in the soil so have to grow out of that first AFAIK.

post-9-1069941321_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

I cant grow indoors during this heat - Ill try again during winter.

The 2 largest seedlings are outside in soil/peat/perlite. Im never growing in a recirculating system again because its too much work compared to soil - everything else is peat+perlite and organic drain-to-waste [my fruit plants will love the old nutes]. :D

My grow wardrobe has been disassembled and everythings been packed away until the cold season. I dont know why I tried hydroponics - next time itll be organic indoors - I quit.

It wasnt PH, it wasnt EC, it wasnt the mister - I opened the door and started sweating instantly today.

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

I finally have my 400W SonT Agro setup. I gave it a test run and its definately bright enough but too hot for this time of year. My ballast box doesnt heat up at all after an hours usage and theres no hum like other ballast boxes Ive seen. I still need some fans and new ducting to finish off my growbox so I can try again in a few months. :D

My A#1 is growing nicely [1 1/2 foot] outside and I have 3 clones of it incase it is a female She has 4 branches since I tipped it and cut 2 clones from the lower branches. I have it in a 25L pot and Im feeding with 0cheap hydro nutes and urea.

Guest Wilderbud

This is a shitty pic of my plant after starting to flower.

I chopped all lower growth and the tip about a month ago and snapped the 4 branches a few days ago - Im hoping this will make it a ball of buds like it usually does.

The 3 clones I have still arent fully rooted but they stopped yellowing as I have them under a flouro instead of the sun now. :wacko:

This plant is an outdoor plant BTW [wrong forum].

...just when you think you have no weed - a roach appears - w00t!

post-9-1075691562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wilderbud