My first time

Guest Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

W00t!!!

I have my Afghani #1 and Super Silver Haze F2 seeds so Im about to join the world of marijuana growing for the first time [all the other times were fake - bag seed that made hemmies]. The seeds dont look as uniform and mature as I thought they would be but those things arent as important as heritage anyway.

I am putting 2 seeds of each in my germinating cups tonight so I can get them growing ASAP as Im chasing the grow season we are experiencing right now - heh. Ill grow the plants until the end of the year then decide if I want to flower plants or clones out of what I have [i cant flower indoors at the moment].

I have no idea how these plants grow although Im about to look up info about growing the Afghani as there should be heaps of grow info about this strain. Has anyone grown the Super Silver Haze F2 and have any tips? [ie. she loves cloning or tipping or chop late or something like that - or show us yer buds]. :D

Hey Wilderbud,

yup, growing your first 'real' strain is truly a buzz. I don't have any strain specific advice, but I would suggest if you want to have a good choice to get mothers from you shoud plant at least 4seeds of each, preferably 6.

Unless you got feminised, but I've never had them. If you check the strain guide at overgrow you'll see that even top company F1's may have some phenotype variation, so at 2 seeds of each, your looking at law of averages, one female of each. It would be good to have a few more to choose from. I know you wanna hang on to those beans, but you also want to get the best umum you can. A good one will ast you many years, maybe longer thant the seeds will remain viable.

Man , I fuckin ramble on, don't I. Anyway, happy grow, you'll love it.

Vaz

Guest Wilderbud

I have 9 x A and 4 x SSH left. :o

Im getting some peat moss blocks and a bag of perlite tomorrow as I dont like the look of this non-compressed peat I just bought [its going into the garden]. Ill play find the seeds tomorrow and replant them all into a medium which I prefer and one that wont suffocate my plants roots. :D

If its recommended again then Ill plant them all [except 5]. :mellow:

It's no big deal if you dont. Tha Afghani should be reasonably consistant.

The last batch I sprouted were White Widows, 3 , I got 3 females but one was a bit stockier than the others and had bigger buds. That's all it really comes down to. One plant will be a 'little' better than the others.

With the SSH as they are F2's you could get a bit of variation, as this generation is usually where a lot of phenotype variation shows. But if you only want a couple and aren't sure if you can get more seeds of the strain

then just stick with you're original plan. Grow these and see how you go, you can always plant more later if you don't get the females you want. I didn't mean to put you off or anything.

Seed on

Vaz

Guest Wilderbud
I noticed the seeds of the SSH were mostly different so itll be interesting to see what grows. Ill plant all but four Afghani and see what happens although I cant afford perlite ATM so itll have to wait until next week. :D

I grew the original super silver haze crop before last, they showed heaps of variation, all very sativa structured, some very skinny and lanky and long flowering, too long, I picked em early at like 12 weeks. I reckon they had 2-3 weeks left in em.

The one I kept was a very fruity earlier plant 9-10 weeks with a better yield and a stronger smell and shorter. Still very skinny leaves.

The high was very strong, but no strong and clear like most haze hybrids I got (jh) it puts you to sleep and shit. Smells real nice and fruity though.

Anyways, I reckon them seeds will be all over the place, but you will definately find a great mum or 2.

good luck. them afghan will stay real short, while the ssh will reach like crazy, I found em good height for a haze, but still a big plant over all.

Guest Wilderbud

All SSH seeds are now planted - I dont have room for more of the Afghani. I could only shop at BigW for medium so I grabbed peat moss and vermiculite at 3:1 [i like BigWs peat moss the most].

I replanted the seeds I put in 2 nights ago and the Afghani seeds already have a 1 and 2 inch taproot and they were the least mature out of them - w00t!

Guest Wilderbud

One of my Afghanis popped up yesterday but was white [shallow re-planting is my guess - pity] - today it died so I replaced it with another. My other Afghani has popped up while Ive been at work and has tiny leaves already [hasnt fully opened yet] so its in good shape.

My 2 clones should be rooting by now so I mixed up a gram of urea in a 250ml bottle to feed them during the next week and gave them a drink as the soil was almost dry.

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud
5 Afghani are now growing their first set of seedling leaves and SSH hasnt appeared yet. 2 Afghani are inside and 3 are outside to flower as soon as they want to in 10" pots. Things are looking pretty good right now as my outdoor plant has started to bud and I like the way this Afghani germinates. :)

Guest Wilderbud

This is definately not a good year for me - bastard fungus gnats are back and they took the lot.

The 3 Afghanis I put outdoors are looking good but anything Ive put in my grow cupboard has died. I am not planting the other 6 Afghani seeds until I get thermometer and hygrometer to see what the hell is wrong with my cupboard - it feels like its a good place to grow but humidity might be screwing me over. :)

I fucked up by trusting that vermiculite was for drainage also - never trust advertising as the shit holds more moisture than the peat I mixed it with - I just noticed this [the top was drying so I was watering as if it was peat/perlite without knowing that the vermiculite was soaking it all up].

I hate summer, I hate work and I fucking hate fungus gnats.

PS. sorry about swearing my tits off but I cant break this post in any way so its all I can do - heh.

I got a bit lucky this week though. I got hit by the hail storm in brissie and had no electricity for a whole day but my outdoor plant didnt get destroyed although a few trees fell down around it [i had to remove a branch that fell on it]. I have had no weed for ages so I smoked some of my young bud and it was as good as the stuff I got the seed from [with the taste too] - I promised it I wouldnt pick any more and told it it can bud till new years to make up for the abuse - heh. =)