My first time

Guest Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

Hehe, I dragged the 3 outdoor seedlings back indoors a few days ago and planted 6 seeds in 1:2 peat:perlite. So far its looking good but I need to fix the air flow on the weekend.

I have my flood and drain working with perlite for now and Im just flushing it all - I had to fit an adjuster tap to the pipe as its a strong pump. I should have my light in the next few days and Im going to flower the clone straight away to get rid of it in time for sexing my seeds. I have some piping to put in the corners of the chamber so that I can drag air from the floor to the middle of the space - Im getting a small inline fan and ducting so I can cool the HID and Ill replace the top fan later. :)

Heres the seedling pic [again if you read my other post - doh].

post-9-1068203431_thumb.jpg

Guest Wilderbud

All of my seeds have germinated now - 3 are straightened up and 3 are just seeing the light so far.

Im picking up my light tomorrow so Ill be able to put that in and get a few bits of 6" ducting fitted. Im fitting a good 6" inline fan to exhaust the heat from the light and cutting 2 x 6" inlet holes to let a lot more air into the cupboard.

Guest Wilderbud

I added my ducting from the floor to 1M up in the back of the flower chamber and stood in it to feel a nice breeze. I definately need a new fan before running an HID but Im sure the air is being refreshed now. :huh:

I have been running the water through my expanded clay filled tray and flushed all the dust away from the tray and reservoir then replaced it with fresh water. Im going to grow my seedlings out in the flower chamber so they will be as healthy as possible before I take clones and flower to select the best mother.

Im going to put a price list and design etc of my cupboard in the growroom section tonight - the whole setup cost about $750. :D

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud
Mmm, I just spotted a 70W MH security light + ballast for $65 at a cashies store. Ill get it if its still there in a few weeks as itd make a nice grow light. :P Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud
I may as well ask before going too far. I want a decent amount of buds from this grow and I cant plan that without knowing if Afghani #1 stretches a lot or not. So does someone know if this strain will stretch when put into 12/12? Also is there anything else I should know about growing this strain? Ive heard its quick to flower and produces resin after so long [not sure how long though]?

Guest Wilderbud

Well I havent got my 400W yet but I bought a 70W MH security light to use in my mother or clone&grow chamber - depends how it performs alongside the brighter [but weaker] 48W CF [100W incandescent rating]. The lamp puts off a lot of heat compared to the CF so I cant put plants within 6 inches of it as-is [the light is in the flower chamber with the seedlings for now]. lol

Ive noticed theres a small [1mm] plate in my MH bulb with some metal oxide like stuff on it and some has fallen off and it would have fallen onto the filiment bit so maybe its supposed to be at the bottom of my bulb instead of the top [ie my bulb should be flipped upside down]? Anyone else using one of these...

My ballast box can handle 150W MH or HPS also - ignitor and ballast so might be 150W MH soon.

post-9-1069335429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

Fifty bucks for a new 70W bulb! I could get it online for the same money so Im getting a good price [half of the marked price - heh]. Its a lot of money for a 70W bulb but its better than a flouro for clone/seedling lighting once heat is controlled IMO [bit wimpy for my grow chamber so Ill get a 150W next year]. :P

My plant got some nute burn last week when I put them into the flower chamber and theyre finally getting over the shock - only one plant went yellow [i threw it away for being weak - heh] and the rest just stopped growing for a few days. I put them on a 6-hour flood/drain cycle instead of 4 hour yesterday and theyre all pointing their leaves up now [i thought 4 hours was plenty of dry time but it must depend on the lighting also].

2 plants are 4" and starting to branch and the others are just poking out of the clayballs still. Looks like Ive screwed up again indoors but Ill recover from the bad start this time - at least theres no gnats and not as much heat stress [they dont like the heat at this time of the day so I open the door and fan them].