A syk outdoor grow

Guest Wilderbud

Syk, they dont look so good. :P

Ive had plants like those before... It looks like you should immersion feed instead of topfeed as theres been some stem rot although it looks like it may recover [the big one].

Edited by Wilderbud

@WB

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I haven't actually done anything, literally no water or nutes, but Sydney is F8cked or its weather has been, for the last few weeks threr has only been a few days of full sun and a fair bit of rain, so I figure I will get an indoor setup and hopefully some time next winter have a few outdoor buds as well, But that is just a plan at the moment, thanks for the reply WB I definantly need help with my grows mate

Guest Wilderbud

Syk, pray to the marijuana gods for plenty of sunshine mate. If it rains anymore Id say pull them inside.

Id also put some polystyrene [lettuce box] between the pot and the ground to insulate it from the cold ground that youll get during wet times. I think some sand over the top of the soil 'might' be good but only do it if someone else says itll be OK - I havent done much plant doctoring but I know the polystyrene will be good.

BTW seasol is what I recommend if you are only using potting mix with no ferts but I wouldnt feed it until it has some good sunshine first - the leaves should be a gett bigger after a day of good sunlight [morning sun mostly!].

PS. learn by variating the grow a bit - leave one seedling out of the lettuce box for a test and youll know if my suggestion was worthy or not in a few weeks.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Edited by Wilderbud

Thanks WB I'll do the foam box trick tonite, I have a couple I picked up for a simple hand water hydro system.

I was thinking I may have to molly coddle them if the weather didn't pick up so it looks like I will have to take them indoors at about 1100 pm and then out again at sun up and if it rains bring them in. I have a few CFs but all are coolwhite is it worth it to do a mix of cf's I have read differing opinion (here and elsewhere) or should I just get a 600w sont, will it make a big difference for a couple of weeks at most,( it will force me to get my sh*t together for an indoor grow)

I was under the impression the best combo for growth and THC etc is an outdoor hydro grow any thoughts mate?

Thanks again for the reply mate, hey you owned a WB, great utes.

Nah I'd keep hydro for the indoors mate, best way to grow outdoor is in a big hole in the ground, in full bright sunlight. using hydro won't increase potency. But like potency of indoors outdoors depends on season, rain can cause shit with resin, I reckon glasshouses with supplemental lighting and NFT channels would probably be the ultimate..... maybe one day.

anyway syk them plants are stunted mate, I wouldn't expect them to get there shit together soon, I'd be planting out more seeds there mate. Giving up on them ones.

I like your 600w idea, get yourself one and put a bunch of new seedling under there till end december.

Guest Wilderbud

Youd get faster growth with hydro outside but I wouldnt waste my time with it as I dont like hydro very much.

The best thing for outdoors is a greenhouse - my gran used to be a strawberry, rhubarb and crab apple grower in a greenhouse and everything was always blooming no matter what the weather was like [always raining - Im not a true Aussie]. You can get an infestation fairly easilly in a greenhouse but thats all you have to worry about - you can automate an organic greenhouse grow with a couple of $20 tap-timer and pipes/misters/drippers so you only have to check it weekly.

I havent got resources to build a greenhouse outdoors right now but since I like to grow from seed I have made a shadehouse for my outdoor plants to diffuse the afternoon sun and keep the heavy rain off the seedlings - it has a sprinkler so I can just turn a tap on every second morning [i use sphagnum to keep my soil moist].

Im with WC with his idea of glasshouse plus NFT - thats the sort of hydro Id do outside but then I love organics too much to be motivated enough to do it. If you have room to grow under a 600W then go for it but make sure its not half-arsed like my cupboard before you put some plants under it. If you can vent out a spare room then I suggest; cover the window and setup the light in the center with a decent hanger and your choice of pots and medium [DWC sounds great] - you can get tube alloy and plastic joiners pretty cheap then steady the vertical beam with a alloy strap and pop rivet or bolt [very sturdy, portable and cheap hanger - a hydro shop could hook you up with this too but they dont strap it to make it impossible to fall over].

anyway syk them plants are stunted mate, I wouldn't expect them to get there shit together soon, I'd be planting out more seeds there mate. Giving up on them ones.

HI WC and WB, thanks for the replies there is some good info there i will need later, mmm I wish I could have an out door grow in a greenhouse but no can do.

I was thinking a lg cupbord with air cooled light and an exhaust fan (top)and passive inlet at the bottom, can you tell i've been reading afew grow box threads :P, just astandard grow (no scrog etc or training to a lattice type thing,) about 2m high and 12sqft approx in floor area with maybe 56 (Eds: 5 OR 6) buckets max depending on the strain, this is a general idea of what I am planing with a cost of about $500 or less with a ($250-4-a 600w and somecooling equipment for the hood.) Or is this underestimating the cost?

what has caused the stunted growth , too much h2o and or ferts (some cow shit +poting mix) they are in huge pots like 30L

These plants were kind of an experiment because an indoor grow wasn't possible but I had some bagseeds and it was summer so I thought what the fuck I'll plant and if I have to I'll rip'em but if not next winter a few free buds. I might just take them out the back and plant them in the bush somewhere secluded

like your 600w idea, get yourself one and put a bunch of new seedling under there till end december

Got no bagseeds left and if i go to qld to get some off a mate i can only get clones probably and would prefer not to have thechance of getting males and there is no way they are IBL so from what I have read clones are the way to go., so I will do an indoor i sort of have a couple optons i didn't have before and I can always move .

thanks again guys.

Edited by syk613