A syk outdoor grow

Thanks for the link wilderbud and I'm sure they will be huge resin covered buds. .

I've come to the conclusion I need to get a recognised strain, the only prob is I'm as paranoid as all f*ck so basiclly I need to take a 14 hr round trip to get some cuttings off a family friend and this just seemed like too much of a hassle, but now I am getting my own place I'm seriouly thinking hydro (3-4mnth tunaround means I save lots $) so i have to ask myself why stuff around with bagseeds?

Thanks again for the reply

Good luck mate

Guest Wilderbud

Hey, you might be smoking NL, Skunk or Afghani so dont knock all bagseeds. I usually smoke Skunk supposedly and have had only about 10 seeds in the last 5 years so its best to buy them IMO.

I bought some Afghani#1 and Super Silver Haze from MJOZ and am happy with the Afghani so far [the SSH didnt germinate so I gave up on them - sucks but it happens]. Ive got 5 seeds left incase I screw up the other 3 that are outside until I get my growspace sorted out [i threw 2 Afghanis seedlings away already because of gnats - Im a perfectionist so gnats put me off until I get some perlite]. lol

Have you ever smoked a known strain? Ive smoked Mango, Skunk and Purple and can say they were all remarkable compared to other buds [if it smells like eucalyptus I dont like it]. Afghani is supposedly a good medicinal smoke and Im happy Ill be able to try it soon and since its stabilized its supposedly good to self-seed [still learning about this though].

Yeah wilderbud I would have been happy with a hydro setup with bagseeds selected from good mj buds but the seeds I have and have germed are all from pretty decent bud the best I've had in atleast 12 mnths-I don't tend to stay stoned long. And all of my ones are from 1/2's,1/4's that contained maybe 2-3 seeds in the whole lot so from what luke and others have stated I will probably have hemis mostly and only 4 have sprouted all of my seeds and 1 of my flatmates out of about 8 seeds and he has no idea about their history so I will sporout the other bagseeds and grow them in some thick scrub and hopefully next winter I''ll have some fat bush buds.

But I think if I want a decent grow I need to go for a small cupboard set up and if I'm going to spend $200-$300 on lights and other set up costs I may as well get some decent cuttings off a trusted friend so I am assured of getting 2-3 females (depending on grow size)

As far as what strains I've smoked repeating names ppl/fairies have said to sell their product is probably futile and would make me look gulible, but that being said the growers I've gotten mj off usually claimed it wasa skunk or NL but his growing tech left alot to be desired although Ido remember getting a big puple bud the size of a large apple and generally the shape of a rose: the kingpin bud? or I think it is called the main cola? one guy claimed to have derbunpoios and it was a great smoke, a family memeber got some afghani off a grower he knows and supposedly the seed stock was brought back from europe (15yrs ago), it was a great smoke like nothing i've seen or smoked before or since: dark green with huge stems and fat buds but really disproportionately large stems that the bud sort of hung off this was what I remember most because I was used to getting quality gear that was light green so my immediate reaction was that it looked like bush with really weird stems, but on closer inspection I could tell it was not bush bud and it definently didn't smoke like bush bud or any of the hydro that was around

The best mj I've smoked came froma horse freak that lived in the city and she had the absoulute best smoke I think I ever had on a regular basis, it really was the shit dreams are made of, but I have absoulutely no idea what strain it was lol i may have been given completely bogus info on all the above strains but I only mentioned the smokes worth remembering. .

I went to my mums home today to get some more bagseeds but what the f%^& they wer all gone, so as it turns out after showing them to her she has decieded to start one of her own he he he, so i am thinking of starting a new thread and explaining the methods etc and adding pics every mnth or after major changes, anyway 4 have sprouted and when i get a chance I will find out the method used. Still gotta think of a name tho

It looks like I have 4 plants at this stage. The smallest got a little eaten by a bug and i have a pic and will post soon. The other three have not changed much from the pics here, 2 are v.small and the third has at least 4 nodes (i'll have to look tomorrow) and they are all about the same age. The weather here has been really shit, one day of sun to 10 days of cold overcast weather but it can only get warmer , right?

FIM and supercropping are two different things, supercropping is just tipping or bending main stem of plant to make it bush out, FIM is when 6 or so branches come from the same internode, I've never done it in my life.

Pipemans pic looks like any normal tipped plant, you need a pic showing the multiple branches growing from the one node from earlier.

I've never fimmed personally, pruned and pinched heaps of plants, but none have ended up fimmed.

Thanks WC, I have been ignoring this thread hoping my plants will pick up, hopefully the sun will come out for a few days this summer (or is it winter here in sydney?), The best one was squashed but is ok now and I have a few pics I haven't posted yet, so sometime tomorrow, or is that today,sh*t I gotta get some sleep. Thanks Again WC