A syk outdoor grow

Guest Wilderbud

I dont have any way to take a pic ATM but Im planning on buying some polaroid film next week so I can take a pic and scan it for my outdoor grow thread. :)

Shes 18" high and just as wide as I fimmed it 2 times and tied it down twice to bush up - Im left with 20 tips which have stretched and theyre throwing pistils out daily now. Ill be so depressed if someone else pulls it before me as I havent smoked bush for a few years and this sucker tastes great [nutmeg taste] - I have tell the plant to hide when someone comes now that I think of it. ;)

Learn as you grow is great advice - it sucks making the same mistake twice.

Edited by Wilderbud

@ wilderbud it'd be great to see a fimmed plant , I'll have to have a closer look at your grow thread, I had decieded not to tip, based mostly but not only on what I have read on the web,seen with other ppls plants and when I've seen experienced growers setups (eg ed rosenthal's on TV) I haven't really noticed it used a lot, so actually seeing the results of a successful fim would be very helpful thanks again.

@pipeman thanks for the quick reply I probably just should have had a look around this site, but your prompt reply to what was just a passing thought/request of wilderbud is much appreciated. The results look great

is there a grow thread for this plant (to answer a few questions eg how many times fimmed etc)?.

Guest Wilderbud

Syk, FIM is great and easy when you know how much to cut [took me a few goes to find out]. When you cut half of the growing tip off you do not destroy your main stem if you do it properly but you do decrease the cola size and end up with a canopy of buds.

What happens after you cut is; for a day or two it will be healing its wounds and you get very slight shock [youd have to be very observant to see the slowdown in growth! - Id call this low-stress training also] then all of the branches coming from the stem will start to grow faster and the tip will grow slower - after a few weeks the top branches on the tip will be at the same height as the stem tip and they all grow together like a fork.

I suggest you only FIM when you have at least 1cm long branches on the stem so that the growth spurt will work well - doing this should give them a better chance to catch up to the top IMHO.

PS. I also tied my plants tip down 2 times for a week each time to encourage more branch growth and to even out the growth hormones. I noticed a few branches going crazy during the stretch also so I folded the stem to stop them from growing too high [apparently its OK and may actually be good to do this although Im slightly scheptical]. Also, this plant is naturally bushy like pipemans bubbler plant.

@ wilderbud thanks for the advice my plants are still way too small to fim or tip so I am really still in the stages of investigating and if I screw up one of these plants it is no big deal as I will have plenty of bagseeds to practice with before I set up an indoor grow with a recognised strain