Dreams and Cannabis?

How do you dream at night?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just why does eating certain foods do that?I know people have always made jokes about eating anchovie pizza before bed a nightmare mix and so on..but I never have understood the link.

On a renegg of my dreaming, I just had a vivid dream that wasnt so bad, but it reminded me I dream more than I thought, and not always so ugly. But it's always "meaningful"

Like the one I just had involved getting hold of some books that I need to do something, the people selling them wouldn't sell them to me, and yet I need them...that kinda thing. I don't seem to have "fun" dreams, always serious, but just maybe not so ugly and dreary as I thught so consitently.

I wonder why. I do trent to eat before I go to bed, as my son often come home from work late, I have to pick him up, I usually pick at whatever he's eating for dinner.

So the whole ood/dreaming thing makes me wonder.

cheers

rob

PS. As for how close to sleeping and smoking..I often have a smoke just as I'm ready tpo lay my head down, even if I've been hard at it for hours. Just to help get a nod of. I've always ha a hard time geting to sleeep, and developed this way ages ago, and I like it too.

yeah andrew is right on the bananas and shit.

if you google lucid dreaming you will gain more insight about the skill of dreaming.

as for remembering your dreams, it depends on the strength of your equilibrium. if you wake up and remember a dream (in the middle of the night), write it down, because chances are by morning you will forget it.

writing it down exercises your equilibrium helps you remember, regardless of being stoned.

if you're really interested i suggest spending some time to research...dreams and lucid dreaming can help you overcome fears, you may even stop smoking for a while so you can dream better. lol

Been a lucid dreamer since the age of 8. Have always been concious of the fact that I am actually dreaming and can exersize full control over my dreamscape. Although most of the time I will not direct a dream too much but will rather watch it unfold. Simple self test I developed to check whether your dreaming or awake if unsure is to fly. I love to fly anyway and it's only possible while dreaming. Beats the shit out of pinching yourself. A tip for anyone that ever finds themselves trapped in a dream they don't want to be in. SPIN !! Spin your body. It doesn't matter in wich direction, whatever feels comfortable to you but spin. This will always spin you out of a dream and into another one.

Some people say dreams have meanings yet I can and do dream about anything I choose. You see dreams are composed of the last group of thoughts to go through your head just before switch-off.(In that period between sleep and wake) Now if anyone has ever taken the time to monitor their own thought proceses at any time you would have noticed that an incredible number of totaly unrelated thoughts are flirting through the background at all times. Sometimes you may conciously latch on to one and follow it for a while thus creating a tain of thought but generally the vast majority of them fly past unnoticed (without a second thought). Dreams are made up of those unrelated disjointed thoughts brought together as if they belong to one train of thought. Now knowing the rules behind the mechanism afords us the opportunaty to manipulate it. With a little bit of meditation when we lay ourselves`to sleep, our normaly restless mind can be calmed and directed and kept fully ocupied thinking about the one thing we want to dream about to the exclusion of all other spurious thoughts. Now whether a lucid dreamer or not, whether you remember your dreams or not, if` you do this then you will dream what you choose.

A tip for anyone that ever finds themselves trapped in a dream they don't want to be in. SPIN !! Spin your body. It doesn't matter in wich direction, whatever feels comfortable to you but spin. This will always spin you out of a dream and into another one.

I found that when I've had the paralysed/comatose style dreams, wriggling my toes was the only action that could snap me out of it. It took all the concentration I could muster, but it worked every time.

I haven't had those dreams for quite a while, but next time I'll try spinning lol

lol

The main reason i smoke is so i dont have to dream. I cant tell the difference between dream land and reality it freaks me out. If im lucky sometimes the sky will be different (like stargate) or my life will be a bit different. Makes it easier to tell i was only dreamin. If i have a smoke before bed then every things sweet.

if i go to sleep stoned my dreams are all over the place... completely spontaneous and might sound crazy, but sometimes almost to the point of feeling like i'm channel surfing :thumbsup:

but it's when i'm awake and stoned that things are more interesting anyway