Near the shed.

Auntie ... yes, as soon as I posted it I recalled the forecast for the east coast is wet until may. never mind, we'll just have to do the best we can.

also noticed I had scale ... the black lumpy things that grow on the stem ... happens sometimes but this is a bit early this year ... bring back the drought I say!

afterthought: yes, I note what you mean about your growing area being a heat-sink. very useful.

Edited by demistify

Auntie ... yes, as soon as I posted it I recalled the forecast for the east coast is wet until may. never mind, we'll just have to do the best we can.

also noticed I had scale ... the black lumpy things that grow on the stem ... happens sometimes but this is a bit early this year ... bring back the drought I say!

afterthought: yes, I note what you mean about your growing area being a heat-sink. very useful.

G'day Demist. Warm weather, who do I have to kill to get some? I think a velvet soap spray will kill scale and the heat bank was an idea from Peter Cundall on Gardening Australia, when he was attempting to grow bananas in Hobart, using a very large brick wall as one. I can't remember if it worked in his case, but it is significantly warmer in that corner of my yard. The shed wall, to the right, is also made from terra cotta brick, and the tan coloured one is colour bond steel. I get plenty of breeze through here, and the shed attenuates the worst of the wet and cold. Bloody good shed, mate, can't function without one.

Wats doin aunty those plants r big an fat im goin to get some of the rose focus after work hopefully it goes off

G'day Mate. Bunnings is the place to get Rose Focus, about $12.50 a bottle. It lasts for ages. They recomend 3 strength levels of 5, 7.5, and 10ml/l. Maybe try the 7.5 for starters and see how you go. I give mine a full strength brew every Monday, weather permitting. What's left in the 5lt spray tank ends up on the herbs and veges, hasn't hurt anything, my butter beans have been fruiting since late November, same with the strawbs, I keep having to hack the herb plot back, they get a drink every time.

Edited by auntynorm

I 've seen frost turn the leaves of dope plants purple! otherwise cause no problems. (just thought I 'd tell yez that ...)

frost means the air's dry, Auntie. that's a good thing.

G'day demist. Yes, it was a cracker day here, but bloody fresh this morn. got front and back yard mowed and most with whiper snipper but it has a small problem that I will fix t'mora, line wound on arse about. I'm not worried about frost up in the corner as it is very protected, still wouldn't cause me too much worry as the stuff grows in the Hindu Cush, and it gets way worse than fresh there. I am sure I can see a difference in the growth between this morn and evening, buds have fluffed out a bit. I have 2 of my best mates coming t'mora with some new music dvd's for me and in return, for them, I have some chook fresh eggs, homemade Satsuma plum jam and some stringy bark honey. We will all be happy, good value all round.

I 've seen frost turn the leaves of dope plants purple! otherwise cause no problems. (just thought I 'd tell yez that ...)

This first time grower was actually about to start to look for threads about that very topic Demistify.......I have one plant out of three left out of my first grow (all three from bagseed...all germed...all female!!) sounds perfect huh but learnt a big lesson re security when my best 2's cover was busted and had to get rid of them by my own hand!!!!! (didnt think growing was meant to be painful!!! lol).....

Anyways one left.....well hidden but been warned by a mate to make sure i pull it before the first frost gets it........I probably have 1-2 weeks before getting a frost where I am but probably need at least 4 weeks to get my girl there..........So I dont have to harvest it early before a frost and/or there isnt something i can do to protect her???? Sorry I am stressing about it and probably a little paranoid to boot hence no photos cause I always think there is a neighbour watching me from over the fence so dont have a chance to take a snap or two.......

Sorry to have posted in the wrong place as I am new will start a thread in future but just wanted to check the frost thing with you!!!

ps.... first post here but learnt so much from reading all the threads thankyou to all the experienced growers out there who have been happy to share their knowledge.........

pps.....if i was able to get a pic do you guys reckon you would be any chance of guessing a likely strain......all I know is sativa!!!!!

This first time grower was actually about to start to look for threads about that very topic Demistify.......I have one plant out of three left out of my first grow (all three from bagseed...all germed...all female!!) sounds perfect huh but learnt a big lesson re security when my best 2's cover was busted and had to get rid of them by my own hand!!!!! (didnt think growing was meant to be painful!!! lol).....

Anyways one left.....well hidden but been warned by a mate to make sure i pull it before the first frost gets it........I probably have 1-2 weeks before getting a frost where I am but probably need at least 4 weeks to get my girl there..........So I dont have to harvest it early before a frost and/or there isnt something i can do to protect her???? Sorry I am stressing about it and probably a little paranoid to boot hence no photos cause I always think there is a neighbour watching me from over the fence so dont have a chance to take a snap or two.......

Sorry to have posted in the wrong place as I am new will start a thread in future but just wanted to check the frost thing with you!!!

ps.... first post here but learnt so much from reading all the threads thankyou to all the experienced growers out there who have been happy to share their knowledge.........

pps.....if i was able to get a pic do you guys reckon you would be any chance of guessing a likely strain......all I know is sativa!!!!!

G'day Anakha. Don't worry too much about frost, I've seen plants alive and well in a foot of snow. I think I heard or read that a cold snap is actually good for the plants. Encourages resin production? Maybe someone else has a better grip on this, if so I also would like to know. It can get very cold here, below 0c all day. Tough about your grow, does hurt. Someone else on the site had the answer for an arsehole neighbour, set fire to his house while he is asleep, drastic but very effective. Us grumpy old buggers enjoy helping others grow good choof, it's something you will do all your life now, it helps when it works when you just start out. There are some absolute genius growers on this site and a ton of valid info. I've grown a few over the last 30 odd years and I have learnt so much new info here. My grow has improved dramatically, probably by 30%. Throw some pics on, there are some pretty cluey people here.

Edited by auntynorm