How Long (realistically) will it be?

How long do you think it will be until cannabis is legally available in Australia's states and territories?

there are a few sub legalities i suppose i have to describe.

1. Available for medical use, and supported my doctors.

2. Available from designated/approved shops / cafe's

3. Available from your local, same as alcohol and tobacco (with the proper 18+ ID of course - don't want kiddies having it)

4. Being able to smoke where ever you like (within reason i suppose - same as tobacco smoking, smoke free zones etc)

5. Being able to Grow and Posses your own without fear of the law.

what do you guys think?

personally i think that 1yr - not a chance, 5yrs - maybe medical, 10yrs - restricted personal use, etc

or do you think we're gonna go backwards with drugs and the laws are gonna get more tighter?

discuss :)

well we shouldnt be smokin any thing due to the cancer causeing agents in smoke, we should be converting it into digestables like bisciuts and lollies, or useing it in vaporizers, we should take into concideration the health ramifications, for using mj.

ciggettes should be out lawed as well, its old school shit we have finally learnt is killing us slowly, but surely.

we should be learning about the medicinal properties of cannabis, as it could be the answer we are looking for, in cancer research, we will have to wait a long time to wait for all the old school minds running this country we need new blood and young minds to progress into our future.

we have so much to learn as a race, and we do our best to kill ourselves off, stupidly..we need to wake up and smell the weed, im a firm believer in everything was put on this planet for a reason..

lets use what we have got..

legalize cannabis and forget about tobacco. its a killer, lets get educated, and live longer and enjoy the planet we live on..

:yahoo: :bongon: :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

i WANT a ban on tabbaco and i smoke it.

ive always hated it as a kid but i smoke it, i know retarded.

what pisses me off are the smokers who say it relieves stress, yep and when ur hooked on a breathing machine how are you meant to relieve stress?

i smoke for no reason purely because its a habbit nothing more probley the most dangerous legal drug avaliable everywhere.

the gov just doesnt want people freeing their mind from the ignorance.. all about the AUD

I smoke cigarettes because I can't smoke weed. In those long periods without it. I try to pretend so I get some sort of placebo effect, it seems to work for 5 minutes.

hey mate , its not a placebo effect your just chasing the nicotine, you normally mix with your weed, ive been there done that, ive since given up tobacco as a mixer, ive never smoked

ciggies, but have always mixed, much like you i bet..

i used nicotine gum, to break the habit, and ill tell you it was the hardest thing ive ever done, ive since bought a vaporizer, from vaporgenie.com and ive had it for a year, and i will

never go back to smokin again, the results are the best, i could hope for..i feel a million dollars, the stone is a lot better too, try it...

i look back to what i was like with out weed and the nicotine, and im shocked!!

i should of had one of these years ago..

• Upvote 1

i WANT a ban on tabbaco and i smoke it.

ive always hated it as a kid but i smoke it, i know retarded.

what pisses me off are the smokers who say it relieves stress, yep and when ur hooked on a breathing machine how are you meant to relieve stress?

i smoke for no reason purely because its a habbit nothing more probley the most dangerous legal drug avaliable everywhere.

the gov just doesnt want people freeing their mind from the ignorance.. all about the AUD

the sad part about the 'stress' it relieves, is that, its the fact , its your brain is craving the drug, causing the stress, nothing else, normally day to day life doesnt create that much

stress. its the drug controlling your moods, i know cause ive been there.. i believe tobacco is the most dangerous drug known to man..

every time i see a smoker light up , i feel so sorry for them, its so sad..and half of them dont know how sad it is..

i would like to think that what Mr. Bower is doing with his tincture is going to have a real impact on the speed at which things get flowing in Aus. My new anticipation would be around 10 years max. There are also some other driving factors including LEAP etc that i think could help the cause.

But with legalization in many other countries i feel there is at least a chance for PROPER scientific studies to be performed proving/disproving the benefits and assumptions in relation to cannabis. Trouble is the "reefer Madness" propaganda REALLY had a heavy impact on everyones thought patterns and until parents stop passing this onto their kiddies we will never break the cycle.

With the way our country is Governed though it is going to be one hell of an effort to get changes through the house of reps and senate... There will always be at least a few against it which means that really we are probably screwed. Anyone who wants to see it within 5 years shoudl seriously consider moving overseas as i cannot see it happening.

hey mate , its not a placebo effect your just chasing the nicotine, you normally mix with your weed, ive been there done that, ive since given up tobacco as a mixer, ive never smoked

ciggies, but have always mixed, much like you i bet..

i used nicotine gum, to break the habit, and ill tell you it was the hardest thing ive ever done, ive since bought a vaporizer, from vaporgenie.com and ive had it for a year, and i will

never go back to smokin again, the results are the best, i could hope for..i feel a million dollars, the stone is a lot better too, try it...

i look back to what i was like with out weed and the nicotine, and im shocked!!

i should of had one of these years ago..

I'm not addicted. I have a packet maybe every month when I've been clean too long. I only use it as a substitute. Unfortunately I don't have the means to cut out tobacco and I might find myself becoming addicted in the future. I understand that weed alone is better by rolling thinner joints without as much tobacco, it's much better and long. Once I find a good and reliable source and a good pipe I think I'll cut tobacco out completely. I find that even if I buy a pack just to roll, I only enjoy one cigarette then it just tastes like ash.

It was my plan to stop smoking tobacco. I've already quit drinking as it takes too much to get me to a level and I don't like the idea of doing something stupid or screwing up my liver. Thankfully nothing has happened and it seems I could handle alcohol better than others, but still my goal is to be a cannabis only person. Healthier, safer and better in every way.

Just chiiming in all,

Hope this all gets sorted out in the next 5 yrs or sooner, there seems to be a lot of attention on it at the moment around the world. The biggest issue is pollies having sensational media outlets saying they love pot n stuff. Out of fear of loosing their suporters. and having egg on their face for beign wron wrong WRONG about it.

A lot of the questions being asked, have already been answered, especially relating to medical cannabis.

The National Cancer Institute in the US recently released a report on their findings from research into Cannabis. Cannabis was shown to have massive effects on cancer cells, and in some cases, killing them entirely. Yet I did not see one iota of media attention given to it.

More recently, a bipartisan bill in the US to end the prohibition of Cannabis was introduced. We'll see how far that one gets.

Until the masses get sick of being treated like guppies, Cannabis reform won't move. It's sad, but when a government (elected by the people) make fucking ridiculous laws based on anything BUT scientific fact, then the rest of us suffer.

I recently tried converting my 60yo Dad from tobacco to ganja. His reply - "I've looked at 45 different websites, and they all say that marijuana makes you psycho". Cigarette smoking will kill him, no doubt. But it's his stubborn fucking attitude, and believing the shit that has plagued drug reform for decades. I'll keep working on him though. Cause he's my dad, and I want to see him teach my boys how to fish....