How Long (realistically) will it be?

Hey Brick50,

I didn't mean to generalise about your generation. Like any group there are good eggs and bad eggs. What I meant was as far as current policy goes baby boomers are holding the cards. A majority of those who lose the most from Cannabis legalisation are energy or pharma tycoons and other rich bastards of that nature, most of whom are of that generation. I guess when I think about it though, once Gen X (my generation) gets into that position they will probably not be any better. My dad is a baby boomer and blazes with the best of em. If anything all generations have been successfully brainwashed...

Peace :surrender

My current system is shit (computer). I'm going to be designing a few posters with pro-canna messages to be downloaded on this site and posted up everywhere anyone on this forum can find. I hope this can speed the process up. Just a heads up in case any one else wants to design and distribute a few. We need to combat anti canna posters with out own!

Hey Brick50,

I didn't mean to generalise about your generation. Like any group there are good eggs and bad eggs. What I meant was as far as current policy goes baby boomers are holding the cards. A majority of those who lose the most from Cannabis legalisation are energy or pharma tycoons and other rich bastards of that nature, most of whom are of that generation. I guess when I think about it though, once Gen X (my generation) gets into that position they will probably not be any better. My dad is a baby boomer and blazes with the best of em. If anything all generations have been successfully brainwashed...

Peace :surrender

Accepted. I understand where you are coming from now. I agree to a certain extent. Only at the voting booth can we change things.:peace:

never in australia

your gov is a joke , loved australia its people and places but moving home to bc with aussie wife an kids as i have no plans in raising them in a society an country that has taken its once loveable larakin nature an flushed it for political correctness gone mad

you need those cronulla riots on a national level to hold back the tide of asians , africans , indians an muslims that are ruining the fabric you society an culture was built on

ps. noticed how blatent channel 9 has become since packer sold his controlling intrests its almost as bad as fox news in the states

life is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel but mostly tracy grimshaw just makes me want to drown puppies

The way I see it we had our best chance of getting at least decriminalisation was in the 1980's.

It has been all downhill since that opportunity was missed.

Kids and idiots have wrecked everything. It was the behavior of this group that led to the banning of bongs in QLD.

It is my belief that no members of this site will see any change (for the better) regarding cannabis laws during their lifetime.

never in australia

your gov is a joke , loved australia its people and places but moving home to bc with aussie wife an kids as i have no plans in raising them in a society an country that has taken its once loveable larakin nature an flushed it for political correctness gone mad

you need those cronulla riots on a national level to hold back the tide of asians , africans , indians an muslims that are ruining the fabric you society an culture was built on

ps. noticed how blatent channel 9 has become since packer sold his controlling intrests its almost as bad as fox news in the states

life is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel but mostly tracy grimshaw just makes me want to drown puppies

You nailed it Oz.

It is called political pandering.

never in australia

I feel that way about Karl Stefanovic...

First Ever Post

Buzz Lighthead is right, Nimbin is right out of the way. We need to take this to the centre of the capital cities. Show people what we are about. I reckon half of all the people I know (my age and a bit less older) have used and enjoyed cannabis. I believe that even more of them think it should be legal, even more decriminalised. It makes me really angry when shit like the banning of live export can get started on the road to being fixed up so quick and here we are still sitting being the whipping boys of the media. I would march with a big green flag and start hitting the bong out there if everyone else did too. Hell, I would be fine with being a leader. I mean, you see all of these cannabis celebrating days around the world and think "why can't we have that?" and the you realise we can and we can do it, we just need to start it. And here wouldn't be a bad place to start. I would be interested in organising something like this with people in Melbourne.

• Upvote 1

It's easy for politicians and the general public to ignore anything that happens at Nimbin, as people have said it's right out of the way. I'd argue that many Australians don't even know what the mardi grass is, let alone where it is.

Bring it to Oxford street and it will all of a sudden become much much harder for politicians to sweep under the rug, while at the same time vastly raising public awareness and possibly even gaining international attention.

Admittedly I haven't been to the mardi grass as much as I'd like to, as it's almost impossible for me to get to Nimbin. If there was a similar event on Oxford street I'd be there without so much as a second thought, and many of my friends would be the same.

The posters are a good idea too, anything that raises public awareness will hasten legalisation, and is therefore a good thing.