How Long (realistically) will it be?

What ashka said...

If we keep being so pessimistic about it we'll get nowhere, after all, we're the biggest community of aussie pot smokers online, so if we don't get our arses into gear and get proactive about this of course nothing will happen. The word needs to be spread, signatures need to be signed, we will achieve this people, we just need to stop talking about it and DO IT!

Also as mentioned above, The Union - The Business Behind Getting High is a must watch for everybody on this whole forum.

Another good one is a history channel doco I watched the other day, can't remember the name of it but it's just as good as the union.

I see a petition in every second store for something....few near my house...no brothel petition...no new bottle shop near school, no tab cause already have 2.........this is just in last 6 months n guess what....they all went though..1000s of signatures...where do they go....maybe they just get binned by whoever is running the shit anyways........

yas say get off ya ass n do it ppl, but in reality what r U actually doing cept post online "how we should do it"

I personally dont think the government will ever listen to what we want..they know it liberal or labour every year and thats not gona change anytime soon. What we need is doctors who agree and r willing to put there reputation on the line and or stoners who actually sit in parliament.

hundreds of thousands of signatures n doctors got medicinal MJ approved in a few US states...with alot of these "legal" growers still getting fucked over and some Do go to jail cause by federal law its still ILLEGAL...

O need preach to me how safe it is and how many uses there are for it and how millions of ppl whould be helped.....until they work out a way to 100% control and make there cash outa it it Wont happen...and if that does its gona be manufactured on a major scale not allowing u ppl to grow it yaself at home anways cause they want U to buy it.

Edited by pisspotgrower

Was listening to radio abc & was amazed at how the politicians take seriously the internet petitions etc. They were all comparing the latest internet polls quoting numbers. Worth noting. The number of people who secretly smoke is enormous as I have been finding out now that I am slowly learning to be more open and vocal about this issue. In fact 90% of people regardless of whether they smoke or not sign the petition.

I have been smoking for the last 19 years and the same legalization questions have been asked that entire time. there used to be big rally's through the streets of brisbane about every 6 months or so and still nothing ever happened. I think that there is more behind these laws than simple prohibition because they think it's a dangerous drug.. It is scientifically proven that cannabis laws are ineffective, yet still the gov won't do anything to seriously change the law..... So the question is What is the real motive behind cannabis prohibition???? I suspect that the reason for cannabis prohibiton now is still about what it was about way back in the 1930's when it all began, Someone very powerfull is making a shitload of money off the general public being so scared of cannabis that they are happy to destroy the planet instead of using this wonder plantfor all its possible uses.....

I have another theory as to why the status quo has and will remain the same. It's more of a factor really. If weed and hemp is legal pharma companies and logging companies etc are gonna lose big bucks- that's blindingly obvious. No news there.

But what about this? Societies need a scapegoat... a group of people to demonise, segregate and discriminate against to elevate the mainstream populous up to some kind of moral high horse. It's no longer socially acceptable to do this to gender, gay, ethnic or religous groups. Who's left? Potheads. To the mainstream populace, people who use illicit drugs are "bad" people. A tiny slice of the population use your artificial white powder drugs, but heaps use pot. So we are the new minority group to discriminate against. We are percieved as lazy 60's leftovers airy fairies with nothing relevant to say because we're all on the whacky tobacky. That's why we are ignored, no matter how articulate and hard working we are or how valid our arguments are. What we need is our own version of the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. The gays and lesbians have set a wonderful example of uprooting social perceptions and norms with their annual parade, which started with a gathering of a few hundred couragous people, and got bigger every year.

I know we have Mardi Grass, but Nimbin (as charming as it is) is a tiny town out in the sticks and far from a central location like Oxford Street. In Nimbin, it's not in anyones face, it's out of the way where it can be ignored. We should all move Mardi Grass and invade somewhere like Oxford Street once a year. I'm sure we have enough numbers to stop traffic!

Thoughts anyone? :idea:

• Upvote 1

Im with buzz light head on this. we need to get something done . oxford street :doh: not sure on that one but its worth the thought ...... what about what some said before doing a poll were we can get online an vote .. something like facebook page where lots peps can see it . then send it in to ( prime sunrise 7 or the morning show ) we could only try .... we need oz & oz stoners fans to help with this one ....

:bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon: :bongon:

3 years medical

10 years for restricted legal use and growing rights (maybe allowing MAX 100grams and allowed to grow 2 plants at home, best case is being able to apply for a license to grow larger portions)

13 years or more to be allowed to smoke anywhere (Not exactly anywhere, I mean having the same restrictions as cigarettes)

the real joke is how we all talk about it but do nothing? lets kick up a stink and start supporting polys that are half "pro pot" and take it from there.

there's nothing more id like to see in my lifetime than aussies freely enjoying the finest medicine on this planet.... not to mention the least dangerous.

please watch the doco "the union" and you'll see just how useful this plant really is............ ok gotta get ready for 4:20. peace

I think we have to wait until the baby boomers have died off! It's not a matter of time but a matter of events. Several things need to happen:

Myths need to be sorted from facts

Stigma needs to be removed

Honest debate about the freedom to consume dangerous products needs to take place. (even though pot is relatively safe)

Advocacy for medical and industrial use needs to be louder- people and the planet are suffering!

Not allow the debate to turn into a joke about the munchies! It's dismissive of a legitimate arguement

If the powers to be say no, ask again. And again and again. We can't just let this go away- that's what they want.

By the way if you haven't seen it, You Tube "The Union, The business of getting high" the most thourough argument for legalisation I've ever seen. it will equip you well against nay sayers.

It isn't the baby boomers mate. We started the revolution. It is the generations before us and the ones after us who have been brainwashed. Go to Nimbin next Mardi Grass. Most of the youngsters are tourists.:ack:

My blood boils, when my gen cop shit for what is happening in this world.