Proposed FAQ Index

This is the first draft of an index, as the FAQ is built I'll be placing the info in the headings as listed below unless we decide to change the format. All comments and suggested changes welcome.

• A basic overview of indoor and outdoor growing

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Life cycle of marijuana cultivation

• Plant Sex – Females, Males, and Hermies

• Cloning and Mother Plants

• Making seed

• Harvesting, drying, curing & storing

• Common Mistakes / Plant Problems

INDOOR GROWING

• General Information & Grow Diaries

• Growroom & growbox design

• Lighting

• Soil / Organic Systems

• Hydroponic Systems

• Growing Methods (SCROG/SOG) & Training

OUTDOOR GROWING

• General Information & Grow Diaries

• Soil, Nutrients and Watering

• Growing Methods / Training Plants

• Growing seasons – when you can plant & harvest

• Stealth and protecting your crop from pests

• Where to get seeds & clones

• Glossery of terms and abbreviations commonly used on this site

Edited by pipeman

Great work Pipe, I'll be most interested in contributing... There should maybe be a short history of cannabis cultivation by man included, as well as something on the effects of the stuff....

Just saw the faq forums...(great work...) so I just answered for myself the question I was going to ask about where to reply to faq contributions...

Once we can mostly agree on a subject or we've gathered a fair bit of info on each subject, we could pin up a permanent collaborative piece at the top of each of the individual forums... ;)

Just a thought.... :P

[Edited to remove my own stupidity... ::D: ]

Edited by Luke Skywalker

hey Luke, history of cannabis and the effects of cannabis are a little bit removed from what we are doing here. IMO this is just a basic grow FAQ and isn't going to (initially anyway) deal with any of the peripheral topics, like different ways to smoke it, cooking, hash extracts, history, politics, physical effects etc etc.

but, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to read anything you have to write on these subjects. I know I would.

In the lighting section, how about a rundown on the main types of shades available, the spaces they're suited too etc.

Although every growers lighting set-up is determined various factors it would be good to have a guide to be able to narrow down the long list of shades to, "the shade for me".

Noobs like me are left wondering whats the difference between a manta, nova, batwing, adjusta shade, lobay, chinaman, deepbowl, reflex ... :P

Sure you can have a look at some online stores but not all have pictures and may not provide much info on each shades specific advantages.

Also an illustrated glossary of Grow materials, gadgets and tools :P ;)

I like to see what people are saying sometimes. Some things are hard to explain with words and not every member has a digicam (I do) so by posting an illustrated index of all things Canna related, members w/o a digicam can refer to the pics in the FAQ forum when answering a fellow members question - if you get what I mean. Maybe not I'm starting to dribble. But i'd be more than happy to take some pics of any relevant items I have to submit ;)

Keep up the good work there Pipeman :P

Tugboat

hey Tugboat, I fully agree with your suggestions. I won't be doing any work on the FAQ for a while though. Be good if some more members started to right some "FAQ" contributions, pics, step by steps whatever. If we can start to get some members making regular contributions I reckon it'll have a snowball effect which would be really great.

I've written most of the FAQ myself, which is pretty silly when you think about it. It would be much better if it was more of a community effort. but like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him write a FAQ contribution :P

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.