how many for scrog

Sorry fellas, I've been a bit busy. I haven't got any decent photos of the table to show but here is a rough very rough scribble.post-24238-0-65366800-1295877591_thumb.png Now I ain't no artist but you should get the idea.

Its a square made from square steel boxing with like fencing netting mesh over the top. The legs are made with the same steel and slide up and down in a sleeve slightly bigger with a pin locator, I was just using a nail until I stuck myself with it in the knee. Believe me you only want to do that once. Now I use a bolt.

When I say a star fish I mean my single pot is in the middle of my room. All of the branches are pushed under the netting but directed outwards from the middle. Another idea, take an umbrella open it up. My plant is in the middle like the umbrella handle and I train it out towards the edge or the rim of the umbrella. Does that make sense?? Hope so, again take a look at the pic, it may help.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

ScrOG need regualr attending to get a great result. If you put in the time and love you will get maximal rewards for sure!

It's an everyday job when you've dialled them in.

I know ScrOGing can be a pain in the bum but it's well worth the effort. I'm hooked on ScrOG.

Now Pleb...

-Put your plants in the middle & train the mains out to opposite corners.

-The centre & other corners will be filled by the branches.

-Train away making sure that the tip you put through holds by at least the 3rd or 4th leaf stem. (About 2-3" tall)

-Note how fast they grow for a few weeks

N.B. The bigger they get the faster they grow.

-Take a guess how fast they'll fill the screen & turn 2 weeks before that.

-Keep training them under the screen until they stop stretching.

N.B. Better to overgrow than under fill your room.

-When the bud sites are establishing, (around 1 1/2 to 2 weeks,) change to flower nutrients.

Now as for maintenance I tend them everyday with such things as -

-Removal of dead & dropping leaves.

-Nutrient levels.

-Temp/Humidity

-Air flow.

-Light height.

-Bud sights view of the light.

That's about it. Of course you have to flush every now & then & test ph etc... but basically that's my routine & it works for me. thumbup.gif

It took me ages to figure this routine out but when I look at it it seems pretty basic or is that just me? harhar.gif rolleyes.gif

Olly :bongon:

thanks olly

I have 6 plants that are about 1 week in to flowering on a 3 x 3 foot flood and drain table

im constantly adjusting the branches trying to keep an even canopy

im thinking of scrogging them but they are already crowding the area, i wouldnt have a lot of horizontal space to train them into, not to mention ive left it a bit late

also due to some early LST and topping they are really bushy, so its pretty cramped already

should I scrog them? or let them do their thing...

I think if i scrog them at this point, its gunna get too dense, they will choke each other out and stop airflow and start mold

:scratchin:

Hey Pleb, you're about right. If you haven't been scrog'in them prior and you start now you'll probably have problems with air flow especially if you reckon they are already dense. Remember you'll have a big growth splurt now that you've turned and this can be a problem if the scrog is too dense to start with. And Mould :sick :ermm: My last grow got a bit. Not good.

About a week or 2 before I turn I take clones and chop the tops even/flat, then when I turn they all grow at about the same rate and hieght through my scrog netting. This way everything is getting the same amount of light without too many shadows from monster buds. :haha:

Merl1n

cheers merlo

:twitchsmile:

other problem I would have is because I have a few different strains they are all stretching at different rates... the WW staying pretty short and stocky so far and the AK47 reachin for the sky... maybe cause they didnt cop so much lst when they were kids...

If I give them more light they will just use it to grow taller, but if I dont give them extra light they will stretch higher lookin for light, sons of bitches... :scratchin:

next grow will be 2 white widows in the same space, scrogged out

Edited by Pleb Scrubber

Yeah I tried the same thing, once. Two different plants doesn't work well I found. The smaller just could not compete. The smoke, what little there was, was fantastic. I was kicking myself for not growing just the smaller one to fill my space, instead of the two. Now one only and no problem with over growth, it all grows the same, looks the same and when something is wrong it stands out and is very obvious.

My rule "two different plants = two different grows"

Merl1n

P.S. you don't want 'sons of bitches...' anyway. You want bitches of bitches. :thumbsup: