how many for scrog

ok guys just about to get growing my space is 1.2x1.2 by1.8 high under a 600w im going to be doing a scrog i have my system set up for 4 plant will that overcrowd the scrog should i just put in 2 and how high should i have the scrog off the plants.........and is there anywhere i could find some info on training the plant through the scrog

Hi wjr,

How many plants for a 1.2 x 1.2 scrog? well I have a 3 x 3 with one plant scrog, it takes a while to spread out to fill the space but its one plant. In a space that size I wouldn't go more than 2, but others may have other views about population.

I've been doing scrog for a while and at first I used to lace the plant through the netting but come harvest it was the biggest pain in the ass trying to remove the branches. I use clones which are fairly strong to start with, but I start training them straight away. As soon as I can see they have aclimatised to the room, the training begins

Now I push everything under the netting, training it out from the middle. When I go 12/12 I lift the netting allowing the growth splurt to grow straight up through the netting. I also use trailer nets for additional support for the heavier buds above the scrog netting.

That's what I do.

Merl1n

Hey wjr, you have a pretty much identical grow space to mine, and we are both doing SCROG. I agree with these guys. I went two for this grow and I think it was the right number. I don't think you would get any increase in yeild from going four planta. Only a decrease in veg time.

I have pics in my signature thread.

Good luck man.

TD

When I go 12/12 I lift the netting allowing the growth splurt to grow straight up through the netting.

Hey Merlin thats an interesting idea bro. I never thought of that. I'm just wondering how the screen hinders that vertical growth any how?

Edited by iatd

Hi Wjr,

I used to grow a 1.2x1.2 with a 600w. For the factors you are taking about I used to have rules to make it work (almost) every time. I started off with 4 plants but have done a couple with 2. 1 would be entierly possible.

The underlying rule to follow I think is get 75% covering of the canopy(screen) before turing them onto 12/12. with 4 plants getting 75% wont take long in veg, with 1 it may take a bit longer. This depends a lot on the growth habit of the strain of course also. 75% coverage allows for the growth spurt to fill up the gaps. if you turn it when it is completly covered you will get over crowding (or you could selectivly prune to reduce crowding later).

When training the buds i think placing the main buds (largest stems) around the outside as they will stretch the most. If they are in the middle they will get too close to the fixed light and burn. Keep the middle free untill last. Get a bowl shape if you can.

ScrOG need regualr attending to get a great result. If you put in the time and love you will get maximal rewards for sure!

ezee

Edited by GreenBeard

Sorry merl1n,

what exactly do u mean by lifting the scrog?

I have my first outdoors one going, does that mean cutting the wires and letting it go wild?

Or just lifting the whole frame and wiring up in one piece?

Cheers :stunned:

Hi phreak,

OK for a start I'm inside. My area is 3m x 3m. I have a square steel frame 2.1m, this gives me room to be able to get around the whole plant and see it all. This frame is covered with steel mesh 100mm squares and welded in place. The frame is on 4 height adjustable legs. When I start the frame is down low about 100mm from the top of the pots. I train the clones out under the netting until it reaches the steel frame, a bit like a star fish. Then I go 12/12. When I do this there is a huge growth splurt, I then lift my steel frame up and allow the "splurt" to grow straight up thru the netting giving me nice straight columns of bud.

Merl1n