Religion as a way to get freedom to use Cannabis

Well first post i took as a joke but post #5 made me stop an reply.

Seems now like you want a dollar each way.

But whatever, bottom line is the movement is gaining pace and will happen in our lifetime.

peaces

c

Hey Chato,

Glad my post was number 4. I took it as tongue in cheek..

"But whatever, bottom line is the movement is gaining pace and will happen in our lifetime."

I know there are a lot of people working behind the scenes to ensure this, and I do not, nor ever will, in anyway try to belittle or disregard their battle to legitimise for Medical usage..

peace.gif

We can't do anything about pot laws in Aus unless something big happens.

The only way America legalised medical marijauna was because they allow state wide ballots to change policies/laws etc. In America there are tons of pot smokers while Australia has a population of only 22 million and maybe out of those 22 million, only 4-5 million max smoke weed.

We can't do anything about pot laws in Aus unless something big happens.

The only way America legalised medical marijauna was because they allow state wide ballots to change policies/laws etc. In America there are tons of pot smokers while Australia has a population of only 22 million and maybe out of those 22 million, only 4-5 million max smoke weed.

You don't have to smoke it to support it's legalisation.

Aaron peace.gif

I didn't really see the humour Dani as this is one of the more serious forums on the site.

Clubhouse, Comedy Stand etc i wouldn;t be surprised to see a thread like this but the Legal forums and the Cannavists Round Table are a place where intelligent and positive efforts are discussed to further the movement of legalization. It's not the place to "tongue in cheek" take the piss out of the very real trials and tribulations of persecuted cannabis users.

ItsMoeyy something BIG is happening right now!

Good point BudJ

peace

c

i`ve had this idea passed by me and then talked at length with others who have an idea and the answer was about as simple as daz`s.....ya can have the religion but it stays illegal :wallbash:

i understand people wanting to use the idea and the "freeman" micro nation idea ..... i just think its not feasible to go the freeman idea due to not having the island/land/funding to build airports, schools, police stations, roads and houses.

although it would be nice.

and as for the religion theory, ....yas get the picture there :twitchsmile:

my way of thinkn is to do what someone els said and join an established organization and contribute by way of skills or funds.

ideally, imo, the idea would be to request to have the laws amended, so if people have excuse to have it....they can :scratchin:

so imo, in order to do that, you need a serious organization :scratchin:

i say that because in order to negotiate with the health department, tga and the police commissioner, you would need to be a, or part of a, registered medical research organization or pharmaceutical company......from memory :unsure: ....i would need to look further into it for exact quotes. :scratchin:

if we were to join a medical research organization or equivalent, we could submit our doctors/psychologists/psychiatrists reports and maybe even our scientific findings......then once the organization has gathered sufficient evidence to back their theory, they`l submit their findings to the health department, tga and the police commissioner in confidence :gunsmilie:

i could be way off track.....its just my whacked head working over time :wacko:

keep at it though peeps,

Me :peace: :bongon:

• Upvote 1

There was a group operating in NSW that claimed it was part of their beliefs to consume and distribute cannabis.The cops raided seized and then had to put back because it was in their doctrine to consume and sell drugs.So the police charged them with conspire to traffic drugs and the charges stuck because no where in their religous doctrine did it mention conspiring to sell cannabis. Morale to the story if you try and go around the law the cops will just sting you with what ever they can get to stick in court , so don't put yourself in a position to encounter them.

"freeman" micro nation idea ..... i just think its not feasible to go the freeman idea due to not having the island/land/funding to build airports, schools, police stations, roads and houses.

although it would be nice.

It's not actually that hard I worked out. I was looking into it the same time my best mate and I wanted to start a new religion.

Essentially the best option is to buy an Australian island, and separate from the Commonwealth. A friend of mine owns a construction company that would take on the project of building basic infrastructure. Everything else is easy peasy.

The outlay is approximately 15-20 million which is quite cheap IMO but can be done for considerably less of you want to look outside Australian waters.

Edited by *Ryno*

Church of the Universe and the THC Ministry are the first two. Perhaps we should start the third. Even if we keep consumption discreet for some time and as the idea begins to gain acceptance and perhaps some media coverage we can start to push the envelope.

I think the only successful path to ending prohibition is to promote the truth about the plant. And that will be a gradual thing.

Count me in!!! I've got a spiritual awareness and I like using weed for a variety of reasons. We can do this!!!

Forget the naysayers, they create nothing.