Religion as a way to get freedom to use Cannabis

yeh well if rasta's can get away with it so can we.....I WISH!!!! I remember from sumwhere that all you need is 10,000 peeps to create a religion, star trekkers tried to make 1 or sumfn, cant say id join any type of "church" so to speak...it's against what I personally believe in, however I would join a group who's only interest is bettering the quality of life for all human race, I think with correct backing, that might work, call them merry men so to speak....providing they all agree to the same beliefs they should get recognition. best of luck with that n e ways...

I can appreciate the sentiment and not having a go at you but personally I think topics like this erode the credibility of the site and its members.

With the current world-wide movement pushing for an end to the War on Drugs as well as the Legalized Medicinal use of Cannabis why would you want to set the cause back by creating a hocus pocus religion?

Why not put your time, effort and energy into something more tangible like lobbying the Federal and State Governments to look closely at the laws and legislation regarding Cannabis in some of the Medicinal MJ friendly States in the U.S and asking them to model our own laws on them.

Or join one of the new Medical Marijuana organizations popping up in OZ right now and see how you can help on that front.

You could also gather as much information as you can for the new Law Forums here and help people change the laws through victories in court and not just for Medicinal purposes.

Loads of ways you can do your bit to change the current status quo if you really so desire but whipping up some mis-guided stoner sympathy for a religious crusade is counter-productive.

peace

c

A more logical alternative discussed between myself and others on a different site is the forming of a Micro-Nation. Your laws can be different but not TOO different to the rest.

i.e. if you were to buy an island and attempt to set it up as a micronation with the following in the constitution you MAY actually get it to pass.

The refusal of medical help, in any form, to a chronically ill patron of DarkSparkVille is prohibited. This includes the use of any/all medicines with its ability to help the patrons medical disorder that has been scientifically prooven. Certification of the disorder MUST be provided, certification may include hospital, nurse or doctors certificates / notes

Things along those lines indirectly compel all patrons to supply cannabis to those who can use it as a form of aid for their medical condition.

That's hardly more logical at all DarkSpark.

The movement is gaining credibility, it's snowballing and becoming a legitimate industry with it's own regulations and taxation schedule in a small but growing number of states in America and will eventually happen in Australia.

A more logical or sensible approach is not to divert from this cause but rather to support it and hasten the change imo.

peace

c

i tend to agree

with the amount of steps that the legal MJ movement has made in the past few years in US i can easily see it finally starting to make good steps in AUST soon.

We dont need to try and hide behind anything we simply need to keep putting pressure on the pollies in the right way not by giving them ways to bring up old debates....

Bring on the legal medicinal growing of weed in AUST as we all know we usually follow US in everything we do anyway lol

cheerz

The forming of a micronation is actually a way that you CAN bypass the laws though... furthermore it isn't going to damage credibility at all. You are offering a place where medical testing would be allowed, and could be controlled. It could in essence be like the first state in America deciding to legalise cannabis medically (the thing that turns the tide). There is nothing dodgy about settig up amicronation. If it was to ru compeltely as per normal aside from the used of cannabis as medicine / i scientific testing there is no reason for it to attract any bad reviews etc.

We have been attempting to change the governments views on cannabis since it was made illegal. ad it hasn't worked, i think surely a new approach cant hurt can i ?

No disrespect but how's your creation of a micro-nation going? Wasn't this the basis for your and a few others legal argument in a case a year or two ago? How'd that go by the way?

Are you not aware of any of the current movements and trends in regards to the decriminalization and legalization of Medicinal Marijuana worldwide?

The view is changing, and at a rapid rate and it will catch on in Australia.

America is by no way "leading" the argument but they are in the fact that they're going to tax it and are making a very legitimate industry out of it. Corporatizing it maybe but nonetheless making it freely available.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think the tide is turning and has been shifted by forces more powerful than us as usual.

peace

c

hey Guys =) Sheesh fellas! Was just a bit of a laugh and just wanted to know if anyone had actually looked at it. It was a crazy idea I was floating around over a few bowls. :bongon:

Maybe this should be put in Comedy section or something . Just seemed like you could start a religion after anything these days.

Thanks for all your replies. Some people might of took this a tad too serious..................:whistle:

Didn't mean any disrespect to the movement to legalize Cannabis, that's for sure. :peace: Gh72