Religion as a way to get freedom to use Cannabis

taken from the NSW evidence act 1995

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ea199580/s127.html

Religious confessions

127 Religious confessions

(1) A person who is or was a member of the clergy of any church or religious denomination is entitled to refuse to divulge that a religious confession was made, or the contents of a religious confession made, to the person when a member of the clergy.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the communication involved in the religious confession was made for a criminal purpose.

(3) This section applies even if an Act provides:

(a) that the rules of evidence do not apply or that a person or body is not bound by the rules of evidence, or

(B] that a person is not excused from answering any question or producing any document or other thing on the ground of privilege or any other ground.

(4) In this section:

"religious confession" means a confession made by a person to a member of the clergy in the member’s professional capacity according to the ritual of the church or religious denomination concerned.

:bongon:

Edited by Baker

Some food for thought....

There is a recognised and accepted religion in the US who's core belief is that

they are entitled to carry a dagger (supposedly of religious value to them) on

their person at all times... this includes on commercial airlines.

So the US trusts this 'religion' with the lives of their innocent people. I

understand that knives don't harm people, people harm people, but it just

highlights that there is something about MJ that governments do not like...

losing money.

Most of us here would know why suddenly, it seems, MJ became illegal

sometime in the 20's but I will re-post what actually went down in the US

congress at the time (for those who are unaware of what happened).

In the pursuing aftermath of WW1, 1st world countries were working to

re-stabilise their economies. Hemp is and was at the time known for its

multiple applications, including textiles and furniture. Congress was approached

by representatives of Logging and Textiles companies stating that due to the

low cost of producing clothing and wood related products from Hemp, the

still unstable economic climate would suffer detrimentally. So the US government

went on a giant smeer campaigne which formed the basis of the stigma attached

to Marijuana. By directly attacking THC, they were able to turn people away

from using or growing MJ, thus being able to hide their true intentions.

This is notable by the fact that its not the THC thats illegal, but Hemp related

products and by-products.

Understanding your apponent is the first step to formulating a counter strike, or in

this case, helping them reach the right decision ;)

Peace out :)

Hey everyone =) , Had this crazy idea about forming a religion that has as one of it's core principals, the use of Cannabis. much like the Rastafari. Look it is probably really silly but religious freedom could be the answer?

I will do some more research to see if I can find more out, but thought I would put it out there.

Looking for loopholes in the system , while the real solution is being explored....... Legalization. :peace: Gh72

lol GH ive actually tried that, as a young'n i remember spouting off at the cop saying I was a Rastifarian and its part of my religion,

he said

"I dont like your attitude"

because we were on RAAF property the MP's could only really do something about the trespass and by the time teh civi cops turned up ...

well ... we all remained free men and women (it turns out we were just out for a stroll in the midle of the night and 'acidentally' crossed into

RAAF territory - those f-18's looked pretty cool coming in for a landing after a coupla cones

http://www.cannabisassembly.org/

"Ganja is the sacramental right of every man, (and woman), worldwide and any law against it

is only the organized conspriacy of the United Nations and the political goverments who assist

in maintaning this conspriacy." quote taken from, The Eithieopian-Zion Coptic Church.

These dudes are christian based but believe that Marijuana, or,( Weed of Wisdom, Angel's Food, Ganja, Kaneh Bosm), is the most sacred "herb" in the world. (well l'll agree with that) :bongon:

They give reference to all different religions as to the uses of Cannabis for meditation and higher enlightenment.

Google "Cannabis Religon" to find out more.

There's some interesting things happening in the name of religon for Cannabis. But most get hounded by the coppers and like. :ack:

Check out The Cannabis Assembly, become a Cantheist. lol.

Link at the top.

Edited by greenseas

Ok I read through this entire thing. I got to the serious part and it seems to be getting fun again now. But I'm going to bring it back for a second.

The Cannabis law reform movement is gaining speed and we could see changes in the future. But it's also true that there has to be something big to happen in order for it to really push through. The problem with this is that no one is doing much about it, save the little nudges in support. There hasn't been any large demonstration happening. Seriously, I see this thing happening all around the world but it seems Australia is the only country filled with sheep. There's that serious about legislation thread, so many people want to help, but there is no place for anything to be coordinated. So it's been reduced to a bunch of people rambling about how they want to help but have no means to properly come together and make that a reality. And what pisses me off even more is those pessimistic people who think that cannabis won't be legal within our lifetime.

That's why we should try something. This is my idea.

I was planning to post it later because I have no time to get it rolling but here it is.

Have whoever can, design posters with pro-cannabis messages/facts/references, that you can download on here. Make it large enough for everything to be clear, have people download it and print it out, others can contribute their own. Whoever is really committed can then go into their town and post them around for people to see, if you feel nervous, do it really early in the morning, on a weekend perhaps.

Think about it. If say 50 people from different cities and towns put up posters teaching people about the benefits of cannabis, the impact could be big. Just make sure you can print in A3. And those who want to go the extra mile can make cds with "Run from the cure" and "what is cannabis cured cancer" on it which are legal to distribute and pass them around for people to watch.

And hell if it gets big enough, we can have people bring cannabis and tobacco to a large scale protest where people roll cigarettes and joints so cops won't know who smoked what. Simply say "I thought it was a normal cigarette."

So that's my plan. Gain supporters, raise supporters moral to the point they feel comfortable recruiting in public, when support is strong enough initiate an action.

On the religion side of things, you could have consummation of cannabis to be necessary for self-discovery, building of compassion and reaching enlightenment (You don't have to call it that, just the things associated with it). The use of cannabis teaches us the golden rule, do for other what you would want done for yourself. And by consuming it in groups we learn to become in touch with the peacefulness and understand. It's then we can reach the plateau of human existence. Or something like that.

I'm gonna write something about this in the comedy section.

taken from the NSW evidence act 1995

http://www.austlii.e...99580/s127.html

Religious confessions

127 Religious confessions

(1) A person who is or was a member of the clergy of any church or religious denomination is entitled to refuse to divulge that a religious confession was made, or the contents of a religious confession made, to the person when a member of the clergy.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the communication involved in the religious confession was made for a criminal purpose.

(3) This section applies even if an Act provides:

(a) that the rules of evidence do not apply or that a person or body is not bound by the rules of evidence, or

(B] that a person is not excused from answering any question or producing any document or other thing on the ground of privilege or any other ground.

(4) In this section:

"religious confession" means a confession made by a person to a member of the clergy in the member’s professional capacity according to the ritual of the church or religious denomination concerned.

:bongon:

Thank God for point two or members of the cergy could use confession as a way of running a syndicate!!