My shrubbery is annoying me

hmmm, changing the plan for a perpetual mother in the garden and indoor flowering of clones wouldn't actually be that bad.

But no, I have to consider sex change due to 'inability to mature'. I'd more likely end up with a hermy.

I am (stubbornly, and probably to my detriment) gonna leave her alone for a couple more months. If she has neither born fruit nor turned hermy on me at that time I think I'll make a hood.

STUFF IT, unless someone persuades me otherwise, real quick, I'm gonna take another ~10 'woody' cuttings off her tomorrow and put them under lights. The loss of 10 bits compared to the hundreds available shouldn't overly affect things and I'm losing faith that she will work out despite the light.

I believe _I_ am primarily responsible for the condition of the plant with the 'hard' trim treatment but also think the light is having an effect. The idea that the plant just may have a long cycle anyway deserves some consideration.

Either way it doesn't really matter. That spot in the garden appears to be unsuitable for doing what I would like to do in the manner in which I would like to do it. If she blooms she blooms, if she reveges I have a good (though not ideal because she may naturally have a long cycle) mother for clones that will grow in the cupboards (veg space established, flowering space planned but not yet implemented).

Someone was elsewhere asking in the forums about the difference between taking 'hard' vs 'soft' cuttings, another way of expressing such would be 'fleshy' vs 'woody' cuttings. I have previously only done fleshy cuttings, clones from new growth, but have seen excellent results (since joining this forum) from woody clones. Though my shrubbery/cabbage (yes, I'm confused over her name) is actually well into flowering, in parts, I think I'd like to see how woody clones from her work.

I haven't given up on her and will continue to look after her (which at the moment means regular 'bloom food' and little else) but I think my focus is moving indoors, my outdoor space seems to be less than optimal.

thing is, I understand and appreciate such comment. It's simply the best, if not only, 'garden' space I have.

I'm hanging in in desperation because otherwise I _have_ to do the indoor gig, which idea I'm already getting used to.

In the greater scheme of things it's just a plant. A plant I'd like to harvest heaps of chunky, nice, cerebral smoke from, but that may not be her destiny.

I'll give her a little time yet and, if necessary, throw a hood on her 8PM/AM, and hope I haven't left it too long.

;)

G'day mate,

Good to see your stickin' with it >:(

By all means take some cuttings for sure ; ) .. Hell , take 100 ov'em if ya want :) ... plenty there no doubt ...

I really have to agree with Wrangler there tho , we all suggested a few means of shading your plant from the light ... bummer that you didn't coz you coulda had a shitload of Nugz now :P heheh , seriously tho "(o)^(o)"

The excessive trimming I mentioned ;) was by no means a derogatory mentioning ... It has basis , but regardless of the trimming it should still bud ;)

Steetlights are quite powerful lights for good purpose no doubt , in fact I beleive they stopped using the common Orange coloured ones as they were a popular target for theft as they were a decent light for Hydropinic growing (FYI) ... heheheh :)

Unless It's a 1 in 1000000000 type of strain that refuses to flower (Calling ALL hobbyists and breeders :toke: ) It's almost certainly a light issue , disturbng the nighttime flowering period where the plants prefer close to total darkness (Note the lower , most likely shaded branch that flowered before the rest ; ))

I still see no reason if given the appropriate conditions that you could still get quite a harvest of budz from this plant in the next 2 months or so ... may have to pull it quite early , but Immatured Budz are better than no Budz at all :blink: ... just get the resin content going before ya Hack ; ) ...

You Don't have to cover your whole plant .. make up a simple shade :D IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO DEVELOP SOME NICE CANNABIS HEADS!!! :D ... This period of the season is often some of coldest days in most areas (July/August) so althought the daylighthours are slowly extending day by day this does not mean you can not get that plant to Budz UP! :(

Cheerz and my best wishes for getting this issue sorted out for ya :wave:

Happy Growing lol

Budman :haha:

:(

COntinued ...

ANd just for a comparison ... My Winteries are in extreme cold each night for a while now .. and although much dying lower leaf (Brrrr) my plants are started chunking up fairly well considering :wave: ...

I've got a few that have barely passed the "Pre-Flowering" stage even now .. but I'm confident that they will still fruit enough to justify their existance :D heheh nw.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE to make a Change :blink:

Um .. o.k. I don''t wanna bore ya so i'll leave it there o.k... and In saying all that , I'm still ever so cat-desctructionaly-curious as to how this will pan out for you man , Lookingz forward to how this Grow will Go fo You :D

Cheerz , and as always ... All the Best for the rest man >:(

Budman ;)

lol

a note about the light: Really, my only alternative there is building a hood. The particular light causing the problem was only installed a couple of years ago _because_ that part of the road was considered dangerous without it. Though I think about how useful a slug gun may be I also don't have a history of damaging public property (well, maybe I do, but I was, like, a 14yr old westy, with a slug gun, at the time).

The idea that a repair crew would spot the garden is also a deterrent, if the bloody thing blows naturally I'd be tempted to climb up and replace it m'self.

Looking at the cupboard this morning I only really have space for another 4-6 clones, so I've taken an insignificant 6 'woody' cuttings off her, parts that looked furthest from flower.