My shrubbery is annoying me

If you shake a street lamp hard and frequently enough the bulb will blow. Given how hopeless most local councils are it will probably take 6 months to be replaced.

I doubt the street light is your problem though; I'd say it's just the heavy/complete sativa dominance that is causing a prolonged flowering period.

this is what i do

http://www.earthreggae.com/img/ganga/%20blackout.jpg

thats 1m2

every evening

put it on as soon as the sun light is not touching the plant

and take it off everymorning as soon as the sun light touches the plastic

its a 2wk dreadaction

but she should stay in flower after 2wks

then id

get some guano from the local garden shop

and follow the directions

irey guidance

Edited by Radic

:/

G'day mate,

Reading and observing your last few posts ...

I think that yes , you might have done too much trimming :P ... Sorry to say ...

It looks like the bottom of the plant is budding , but the top isn't? ... actually nah forget that , this could be the streetlamp doing this aswell ... um B) ...

(Actually It looks like there is only 1 branch budding properly out of all the hundereds that are there? could you clarify this plz) :/

A few quick Q's :) ...

How long ago did you stop trimming it? ...

How long has the plant been "flowering" for now? ...

How intense exactly is the streetlight beam? , much more than a full moon? ...

It most definatly should have little buds all over it right now (at least) ... very curious indeed :) The whole thing SHOULD look like that lower branch ;)

:/ , You could let it keep vegging and tie it down build a shade for next year ... :) heheh , Woah ... :)

Anywayz , keep it going ... no trimming ofc , and all the best something changes soon ;)

It's not quite the shortest day of the year yet (Summer Solstice - 21st June - Oz) ... So if you haven't already erected a shade and you want this girl to flower this year , I'd suggest you do so ... Quick smart :/

Cheerz mate and Good Luck :)

Budman :)

I tipped it a couple of weeks ago planning that to be the last time. Note that the tipping has been primarily to shape the plant, keep it short, not rape for poor smoke. The plant is showing the exact form I wanted, low, dense, many nodes at or near the same level. The idea has always been to get many top nodes 'near primary' rather than a large primary and smaller nodes.

If I wasn't concerned that the tipping may be keeping it from bloom I'd probably do another trim now to even up the top, take a couple of nodes from branches on the east side and only the tips from the west side. This, again, mainly due to the effect the height difference will have concerning primary vs secondary nodes.

The effect during vegetative growth is that each trim results in a split, but now that the branch growth occurs one at a time this no longer happens (Sorry can't remember the terms for the 2 vs 1 growth pattern, difolate? bifolate?).

Comment here and other searches suggests:

The Sativa dominance would have given me a long time veg anyway.

The aggressive trimming has probably extended the veg period.

At the time of my 1st post (this thread, May 24) I was more concerned about the streetlight than I now am. I concede that it is likely effecting things but as stated in an earlier post, this is about my best position for a plant in the garden, it would be good to find out if it is going to fully knock her out. If the position proves unsuitable it's on to plan B, which probably involves moving indoors.

I think the streetlight is stronger than a full moon.

Meanwhile (yesterday) a friend who has more experience with urban outdoors has visited, had a look, reckons in 10-12wks time I'm gonna have some filthy weed.

There's SMALL nuggets forming throughout the understory but yes, that one branch and only a couple others have anything significant on them. Budding started in early May.

I have some hope that, after a longer growth cycle than expected, I'll get what I wanted, maybe 25-40cm worth of bud on top of what now exists, little more would be perfect, across the whole plant.

Also gonna get me some o' that guano shit (pun intended) but not bother with the shade.

hmmm, not only am I now starting to talk to m'self but this seems to be turning into a 'grow diary', someone tell me if I should move forums.

in 10 days not much has happened.

Tips from the side shaded from the light are starting to thicken but are still a long way from useful.

We're what? 3 days from the winter solstice?

post-33907-1245377522_thumb.jpg

post-33907-1245377539_thumb.jpg

post-33907-1245377558_thumb.jpg