My shrubbery is annoying me

keep in mind Cannabis responds to the seasons and nature .. when the Cannabis plant becomes frustrated by extended unnatural events it can become hermophadite( two sexes on one plant) and exibit other sexual abnormalities ...

im not saying this is the case in your situation but it can and does happen ..

good luck with whatever you decide as the plant has great potential

:peace:

Hi BaronS - so no bb to pop that light ? ................. real pitty !

Unfortunately a full moon every day of the month .......... gravitational warps .... confusion .....poor plant ! ;)

I'd be out there at 4am tossing rocks at it. ;) and /or reporting it faulty ! :D Knowing that if it is in direct line of sight anyone up repairing it will have a direct line of site view of you know what.

Biuld a shade, or block out - it only has to be rough :D

all the best

;)

Nitty.

:peace:

G'day Mate ,

Nice Plant you got there :D

And Hahahah , funny advice to be sure , but DO NOT smash the light ofc man :toke: ... :D you Certainly don't want to attract any attention like that , even if it was discreet :yahoo:

Like was mentioned , You should build a shade or cover it up at night ...

Covering up such a large plant would be a hassle not to mention you would risk snapping branches etc ...

Definatly make up some sort of shade , anything crude will do ... the Lamp Light can only be coming from one direction I'm Guessing so all you need is one wall (side) , it would only be the "direct" light that COULD be disrupting it :)

So good luck with that :D Otherwise , It could just be that the plant is starting a little later than usual ... Afterall , It's only the 1st day of Winter tomorrow :) I've Harvested in July and August plenty of times no worries , plenty of time left yet :D

Anyhoo ... All the best and let us know how It's going o.k. :peace:

Cheerz ,

Budman :)

more thanks for the well wishing and comment and I hope people understand. Though I'm not the diehard grower many members of this forum appear to be I am also not taking this lightly.

Unfortunately, if I grow outdoors this spot in the rose garden is about the prime spot of the block, and I hope to be here for a while. I'm still hoping that the light ain't really the problem and early comment that she's a sativa'ish strain and simply may be a late developer proves true.

OTOH it's a bagseed that managed to make it's way into a pot, and then the garden. I have no idea which particular bag it came from but at the time we were getting some particularly good 'bush weed' from some mates up north so if she breeds true to the bag should be a nice smoke, but could also be rubbish.

I have some cuttings (of her and a 2nd plant, broader of leaf) and may move the whole show indoors. So, while to some it may seem whimsical to wait and see I think that's what the current plan is going to be.

just a bit of an update:

I've been leaving the tips alone and the only trim that has happened is taking a few of the shadys out to let more light into the middle of the plant.

It's not totally obvious from the pic but if you look down from top my little shrub is pretty well an exact 1m*1m square. I've been trimming it so that all the tips are approximately the same height, sort of a SCROG without a screen, the top is, basically, flat.

The street light throws light on only 50% of this area, the rest shaded by a tree. Draw a diagonal line across the square and you're pretty close.

The lower branches in the shaded area are actually putting out some small (top joint of your thumb) chunky buds.

The tips in the shaded area are starting to thicken up but I wouldn't actually call 'em buds yet.

Not much change yet to that area of the plant in the triangle getting the full brunt of the streetlight.

A little bud.

post-33907-1244268216_thumb.jpg

greetnz

:yinyang:

she starting to fill out at last

that street light sure slowed her down eh

its interesting to see her dark side in flower and light side still in grow

a 1 m2 shade would fix it real quick

make it from thick black plastic

amd some light weight frame

just chuck it over her every night

and pull it off every morning

for the next 8wks

or

park yah truck in front of it

nail a big sign to the fence

where theres a will

seen

but how long will she keep half in grow and half in bloom

before she fully turns

be kewl to get 1 plant to do that in two grow rooms

one could get a perminate harvest happening

if one could maintain 1 plant in bloom and grow at the same time

what a trick

:sly:

hafe love dat

hey are you giving her some guano or soft rock P???????

that will really help her along

irey guidance

Hey Radic,

'starting to fill out' would definitely require emphasis on the 'starting' bit. Those two little buds are on a low branch shaded from the streetlight by the trees.

The bed has been well prepared for the roses for years, nice soil, weeds love it, and until recently all that I've added is Seasol, Aquasol, and some blood and bone.

When I noticed her starting to turn I asked a friend who is a gardener and we decided to give her Manutec Bloom Booster, NPK of 6.19/14.64/16.8 %W/W. Didn't really know of anything better to use (my earlier efforts were water+nutes, many years ago). I started using this before I joined the board. Opinion?

Shortest day o' the year ain't that far away, and I've pretty well stopped tipping her. Though I'm curious to find out about the effect of the light, and agree a 50/50 plant would make an interesting photo or two, I still hope she's just a late bloomer and is soon going to go APE.

If she flowers for 8wks from now she will almost celebrate a birthday before she's done. I can't quite remember when the seed popped up and I think the aggressive tipping has been slowing her down.

I borrowed a mate's camera and it's a sunny day so I thought to get some better pics.

In the aerial view a diagonal line could be drawn from top left to bottom right. The upper right area is exposed to the streetlight, the lower left is shaded. The square is a little over 1m*1m and the shadow line pretty well exactly runs corner to corner.

In the side view top left front is the same corner as top left aerial. The two little buds can be seen lower centre. The tallest branches are top left rear (most exposed to the light) and a little under 1m tall.

post-33907-1244424210_thumb.jpg

post-33907-1244424322_thumb.jpg

post-33907-1244424416_thumb.jpg